Sign in to follow this  
Ih8teamers

Who here knives traps?

Just curious who here never uses their pk for a trap. If I'm a repair character and there's only one trap on the fuse I always will knife it providing i m not the last one. Who here regardless who they are never pk traps?

Anyone who knows how to play as a counselor and is actively trying to escape will use their PK on a trap if it makes sense to do so.  

People who hold onto their PKs are usually Noobs or people who had no intention of escaping.

PKs usually just delay the inevitable.  If Jason can catch you once, he will probably catch you again.

• Like 1

I usually always do , or if i use Vanessa ill just tank them and waste some time before he kills me . This was also when people actually played as well not just horse around . 

I almost never waste a PK on a trap... Mostly because I find it kind of unnecessary the majority of the time,  and partly because my play style is... What you might call risky, so PK's are a bit more valuable to me though by no means essential. I just as soon tank the trap and take my chances. 

Those rare instances I will spend my knife are usually when I'm playing within a coordinated group that has a particular objective in mind. I don't mind sacrificing the PK nearly as much when I trust the people I'm playing with know what they're doing.

Most Jason's in QP isn't remotely scary enough for me to care if a trap is removed stealthy.  If I do use one, it would be on a rare occasion dealing with a strong Jason, and I don't want him  camping the Tommy powerbox.

I do sometimes, if the situation calls for it. Most of the time, I hand it off to other players, only if they are trying to get things repaired.

• Like 3

For me, using PKs for traps is lame.  I like to step on the trap and use my PK to fight Jason. There's nothing more satisfying than stunning Jason and repairing right on his face.

But if your goal is to win, using your PK is the best strat. Just sucks when Jason gets lucky and looks at his map right after you disarmed the trap.

the amount of times people have tanked the phone trap to save a knife and lived to tell the tale on my watch are so few i can count with one hand and have fingers to spare.

they expect im gonna do a grab. that is the last mistake they make. their rage nourishes me.

• Haha 1

I use Medic and Thicker skin. So if I have a spray I'll just eat the trap rather than use the pocket knife. Unless the Jason is a slasher then I'll use the knife.