bewareofbears

Rank the films from favourite to least favourite (Friday the 13th)

1. Part IV

2. Part VI

3. Part I

4. Jason X

5. Part III

6. Part II

7. Part V

8. Part VII

9. Freddy Vs. Jason

10. Reboot 

11. Part VIII

12. Part IX

my list can change in the middle sometimes but this is pretty much how i see them

The Final Chapter

Jason Lives

Part III

The New Blood

A New Beginning

Part 2

Jason Takes Manhattan

Part 1

Jason X

Jason Goes to Hell

Freddy Vs Jason

2009 Reboot

1.  Part 3

2. Part 6

3. Part 4

4. Freddy vs Jason

5. Part 2

6. Part 7

7. Reboot

8. Original

9. Part 5

10. Jason X

11. Part 8

12. Jason Goes To Hell

VI Jason Lives

The Final Chapter

Part III

Friday the 13th

Part II

Part VIII

Part VII

Jason X

FvJ

Part V (It's good but the ending ruins it for me)

Friday the 13th (2009)

Jason gose to hell

@bewareofbears I really thought I had replied to this one.  I mean, hell, discussing movies is one of my favorite things to do. I will preface this by saying I do not hate any of them, but I enjoy some more than others. Well, let me take a stab at this. This list is from least favorite to favorite:

12) Part IX: Jason Goes To Hell- The opening sequence was great and I enjoyed the ending. I feel that this movie was a waste of a great character in Creighton Duke. The Necronomicon, Dagger, and Freddy Glove tease were nice nods, but overall this movie was just a poor story that was poorly told. I own it on DVD and BluRay, but that is just because I am a completionist. New Line really screwed the pooch on this one. (3.5/10)

11) Part VII: The New Blood- I know I'm in the minority here, but I didn't like Tina and I didn't like the Telekinesis spin. Unmasked Jason was scary as hell, but it didn't save this one for me. I like Kane Hodder's portrayal of Jason, I just didn't like the story. (4/10)

10) 2009 Remake- I was excited for this one and felt let down when I left the theater. I have watched it a few times since then, and I don't hate it now, but it is definitely not my favorite. I didn't hate Jason's tunnels, I thought they were a decent twist. Overall, the film is below average in my opinion.(4.5/10)

9) Part VIII: Jason Takes Manhattan- This one does have one of my favorite kill sequences with Julius attempting to box Jason and then the head punch. Too bad it is considered a cheap kill in the game, it is one of the most memorable good moments in the film. Which brings me to why it is so low on my list. There are way too many bad memorable scenes. The ending scene with kid Jason made no damn sense whatsoever. Also, it should be called Jason Takes the Mysterious Waterway That Ties Crystal Lake To the Atlantic Ocean. I'm also fairly certain that there are not 55 gallon drums of toxic waste just randomly placed in New York alleyways. (5/10)

8) Freddy vs. Jason- I will admit that I had fun with this one, even if it was made a decade too late. It's downfall for me is that it is neither a good Jason movie nor a good Freddy movie. It's just campy fun. I will pop it in from time to time and turn my brain off for a couple of hours. Can't really hate on it. (5.5/10)

7) Jason X- I know there is some hate in the Friday the 13th community for this one. I mean going to space is the equivalent of jumping the shark when it pertains to horror movies. Much like Freddy vs. Jason, I have fun watching this one, and it probably has my single favorite kill in the entire series. Even people that hate the movie seem to love the liquid nitrogen head smash. You could tell that the filmmakers were not taking themselves too seriously with this one, but still managed to put in some awesome kill scenes. (6/10)

6) Part V: A New Beginning- This is a very polarizing film. I will admit that I felt cheated the first time I saw it as well. I have to admit, though, Roy was a freaking beast in this one. 17 kills, the most in any Friday the 13th flick up until that point. Some pretty inventive kills too. Loved the leather strap and the shears to the eyes. I enjoy this film a lot more now than I did when it was released. (6.5/10)

5) Part III- 3D- I know that this is the one where Jason got his iconic Hockey mask, but it seemed as if they were working harder to throw in the 3D gimmick in than in telling a good story. There are some great kills in this one such as the speargun to Vera's eye, Andy getting cut in half while walking on his hands (that's what he get's for showing off!), and Fox's impalement immediately come to mind. I think this could have been a great Friday film, it just kind of fell short because of the crew focusing on gimmicks rather than story. (7/10)

4) Part VI: Jason Lives- I love this movie, but not all of them can be at the top of the list. I kind of rolled my eyes the first time I saw this at the Frankenstein's Monster-esque reanimation sequence that brought Jason back, but after that, this was one hell of a fun movie to watch. Jason felt like a monster in this one! He was brutal and seemed really pissed off. Great flick! (8/10)

3) Part IV: The Final Chapter- Ted White was great as Jason in this flick. He just had a purposeful way of moving that made him really feel menacing. Also, I saw this before I got so sick of the 2 Coreys that I boycotted their movies. I think young Mr. Feldman did a pretty good job in this one. The story was pretty tight, the kills were memorable, and the ending was satisfying, at least for me. If the series would have ended here, I would have been happy with it. But, I am glad it continued. (8.5/10)

2) Friday the 13th- I saw this one on HBO when I was a kid. My mom was asleep, my dad was at work, and my brothers were out doing something stupid. I turned all the lights off in the living room and plopped down in front of the TV to watch it. Not gonna lie, this movie scared the everloving shit out of me! I watch it now, and it seems fairly boring and tame. (I mean hell, we had a 3 minute long take of Alice making coffee!) The reason it is so high on my list is because I still remember that fear. I liken it to a drug addict that keeps chasing that first high. No movie has frightened me like that since, and I am still looking for one that will. There are 3 movies the outright scared me, and this is one of them. (9/10)

1) Part 2- Just like the first one, I was young enough when I watched this one that it did creep me out. Not to the degree that the first did, but it stuck with me. For some reason, Jason being more human than he was in later installments got to me more. It just felt like something that could actually happen. Realism goes a long way towards getting under my skin. Ol Sackhead Jason is still one of my favorite installments to watch. (9/10)

I have no doubt that many won't agree with my list. I'm pretty sure most won't even read it. :lol: But, there it is. Of course, if you ask me the same question next week, the order would probably change a little.

Firstable, I loves all films in the franchise.

12 - Friday the 13th Part 3 : Just a remake of Part 1 and Part 2 without nothing outstanding expect the apparition of the mythical mask, it's good though.

11 - Friday the 13th Part 5  A New Beginning : Classic, good twist and climax.

10 - Jason Goes to Hell :  Rip off of Jack Sholder's Hidden, excellent idea, one of the best look of Jason, unfortunately we see him a very little on screen.

09 - Freddy VS. Jason : It's cool to have a flash back on Jason's origins, Great fight scenes and cinematography but weak characters and lead actress.

08 - Jason X : Crazy concept, ultra fun murders, don't like Uber Jason's mask but the idea is really cool.

07 - Jason Takes Manhattan : Deceitful title but the boat is fun too,  I really love the New York in 80's on movies, and the Jason's punch.

06 - Friday the 13th : Classic on all points and great twist. 

05 - Friday the 13th Part 4 The Final Chapter : I love all characters, the famous "he's killing me" is really creepy and not so funny.

04 - Friday the 13th Part 2 : The most terrifying film of Friday the 13th franchise.

03 - Friday the 13th Part 6 Jason Lives : Really funny, terrified children and Tommy Jarvis.

02 - Friday the 13th 2009 : The 1st part of this movie is a perfect brutal Friday the 13th. The rest is not so great but it's fun and visually the best Friday's movie. And Bree.

01 - Friday the 13th Part 7 New Blood : Best murders, Best Jason's look, love the fight with Carrie, Tina, Kane Hodder as is best, unmasked Jason awesome, climax with Tina's father excellent.

• Like 1

@Rexfellis

Nice list, I find mine changes all the time too. The only consistent is Jason Goes to Hell being at the bottom. Everything after Part 8 feels like Friday the 13th West. Fake boobs, terrible stories, cheap scares- very Hollywood. I agree though that the Head Smash in Jason X is probably the best kill in the entire series.

I like your top 2- I think the first two are the only two that can stand on their own as horror films. The rest a very derivative and serve no other purpose than to be an extension of something that was truely great at one point. That's part of why Part 8 is my favourite- it can stand on it's own as a monster movie. Maybe not a great one but definitely enjoyable.

• Like 1

1. Jason Lives (favorite)- 9/10

2. Friday the 13th (1980)- 8.5/10

3. Part II- 8/10

4. Friday the 13th (2009)-  8/10

5. The Final Chapter- 7.5/10

6. Part III- 7/10

7. Part V- 6.5/10

8. Jason Goes to Hell- 6/10

9. Jason X- 5.5/10

10. Freddy vs. Jason- 4.5/10

11. Jason Takes Manhattan (least favorite)- 4/10