Sign in to follow this  
bewareofbears

Star Wars IX (without Carrie Fisher)

Any Star Wars fans? Wondering how others think the films should proceed now that Carrie Fisher has passed away. Leia was going to be a big part of the final film- how would you handle it in the storyline?

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure she managed to finish the rest of IX shooting before she passed.

I was reading today she finished her work on Part 8 but nothing for Part 9.

Star Wars Superfan from day 1. Very sad, the world losing her, and Debbie Reynolds, her mom. The Star Wars universe has taken some very strange turns, to say the least. Back in the day, they could have easily kept the series going with the original actors, using ideas from the non canon, if nothing else. "The Force Awakens", was a horror show, IMHO. Killing off Solo like it was no big deal, was just horribly done. To be honest, none of the originals looked like they wanted to be there, IDK. I haven't seen "Rogue One", my daughter did, said it was good. The trailer looked great, like how Star Wars should be. In part 8, they will probably just write her out of the story, or say she died of grief, after her son and Han's fate. Luke, is now a Grandmaster Jedi. His power is Godlike, it should be very interesting, to see what they do with that.

Something of note, they CGI'ed Peter Cushing, very well, from what I'm told. Maybe they will do the same with Leia, or use unused footage?

Great Post! May the Force be with you! LOL! :)

• Like 1

I'm assuming they'll keep Leia's role in Episode VIII, and, unless she's supposed to die in that movie, they'll write it in so that she passes in between VIII and IX. Personally, I think they should keep Carrie's parts in VIII in her honor, but I don't want to see any attempts to replace her in the following films.

• Like 1

Star Wars Superfan from day 1. Very sad, the world losing her, and Debbie Reynolds, her mom. The Star Wars universe has taken some very strange turns, to say the least. Back in the day, they could have easily kept the series going with the original actors, using ideas from the non canon, if nothing else. "The Force Awakens", was a horror show, IMHO. Killing off Solo like it was no big deal, was just horribly done. To be honest, none of the originals looked like they wanted to be there, IDK. I haven't seen "Rogue One", my daughter did, said it was good. The trailer looked great, like how Star Wars should be. In part 8, they will probably just write her out of the story, or say she died of grief, after her son and Han's fate. Luke, is now a Grandmaster Jedi. His power is Godlike, it should be very interesting, to see what they do with that.

Something of note, they CGI'ed Peter Cushing, very well, from what I'm told. Maybe they will do the same with Leia, or use unused footage?

Great Post! May the Force be with you! LOL! :)

Peter Cushing's ghost is the best part of Rogue One. It's an alright movie but nothing I'd write home about other than seeing Peter Cushing in a movie again. The CG isn't quite there but it's very, very close. Having Leia as CG character is definitely an option but I'm unsure how people would respond to it.

I'm assuming they'll keep Leia's role in Episode VIII, and, unless she's supposed to die in that movie, they'll write it in so that she passes in between VIII and IX. Personally, I think they should keep Carrie's parts in VIII in her honor, but I don't want to see any attempts to replace her in the following films.

I've been thinking the same, they should just mention her passing in the opening crawl for Part IX and the characters can react inside of the film.

• Like 1

It's tricky because, at least from the rumours, her role in Ep 8 wasn't much more than Force Awakens but was due to have more in 9. Quite likely because there's a lot of emotional play between her and Luke, Kylo and Ren to conclude.

So, they either truncate what they did for her in Ep 8 - which could come off crass if they're not careful - or they'll have to really really cut down (to the point of a CGI cameo scene or two) or even eliminate what they had in mind for her for Ep 9.

It's difficult, before you even get into the emotive side of such a sad situation.

• Like 1

It's tricky because, at least from the rumours, her role in Ep 8 wasn't much more than Force Awakens but was due to have more in 9. Quite likely because there's a lot of emotional play between her and Luke, Kylo and Ren to conclude.

So, they either truncate what they did for her in Ep 8 - which could come off crass if they're not careful - or they'll have to really really cut down (to the point of a CGI cameo scene or two) or even eliminate what they had in mind for her for Ep 9.

It's difficult, before you even get into the emotive side of such a sad situation.

So True. :(

All I have to say is ... I remember spending summers at my grandparents house on the lake, and I was only hell 7? And she used to rent me Star Wars on VHS, and I would sit in her den at night with the wood stove going and she would bring me in meals on my fold out lap tray and watch Star Wars over and over and over!!!! I never wanted it to end! All day I would go fishing in my small motor boat (yes at 7), or in the winter ice skating even at night my grandfather put flood lights on the trees aiming towards the lake with my small ice skating boundary that he made me, then I would come in get warmed up for Star Wars again!

So when I found out Carrie Fisher "didn't recover" and passed away, a part of me died inside and then to find out her mom passed away the next day was heart breaking!!

The sad part is that house on the lake ... burned down, and where it used to stand is now overgrown with trees and bushes! The brick wall near the water still remains and if I go in the overgrown brush and trees I can still see the foundation slab under the dirt where I used to watch Carrie Fisher!

I might do a YouTube Vlog of this story and go visit the location and bring you all for the ride!!!

• Like 2

All I have to say is ... I remember spending summers at my grandparents house on the lake, and I was only hell 7? And she used to rent me Star Wars on VHS, and I would sit in her den at night with the wood stove going and she would bring me in meals on my fold out lap tray and watch Star Wars over and over and over!!!! I never wanted it to end! All day I would go fishing in my small motor boat (yes at 7), or in the winter ice skating even at night my grandfather put flood lights on the trees aiming towards the lake with my small ice skating boundary that he made me, then I would come in get warmed up for Star Wars again!

So when I found out Carrie Fisher "didn't recover" and passed away, a part of me died inside and then to find out her mom passed away the next day was heart breaking!!

The sad part is that house on the lake ... burned down, and where it used to stand is now overgrown with trees and bushes! The brick wall near the water still remains and if I go in the overgrown brush and trees I can still see the foundation slab under the dirt where I used to watch Carrie Fisher!

I might do a YouTube Vlog of this story and go visit the location and bring you all for the ride!!!

Memories like that are treasures that make the person you become. Your Grandparents sound like the best. Losing childhood memory locations, can be like losing a loved one...I know what you mean. Great story! You still have the memories!

P.S. With age, comes wisdom :)

• Like 1

That's a beautiful memory. :)

I wonder if they'll mention it in episode 9 beginning scrolling text.

Very sad news indeed

They'll have to think of something. For what it's worth, Disney have come out and said they won't CGI Leia for Ep 9.

After that story, I think you should definitely do that :)

I just finished watching episode 8 and I must say her performance was beautiful and a swan song to her life and career. 

On 1/5/2017 at 10:29 PM, bewareofbears said:

Any Star Wars fans? Wondering how others think the films should proceed now that Carrie Fisher has passed away. Leia was going to be a big part of the final film- how would you handle it in the storyline?

I think the message of those that believe in the force is you always exist even in death. I think they don't have to touch the subject of her absence too much.  I was very pleased with the final scenes of the movie and I'm excited to see the next one.

I tend to like all the movies,despite the fact a few people in my life hate the new ones.I haven't seen Solo yet,but i'll most likely get it on Bluray when it comes out.Really like the season sets i have of Clone Wars and Rebels,those are awesome.

• Like 1

A lot of rumors about Meryl Streep. Personally I don't care if they do a time jump and explain she died, or if they recast. As long as the story is good, and we get some more satisfying answers than we were left with in Episode VIII. 

• Like 1

bump! Am I the only one that will be furious if they don't explain who Rey's parents are, who Snoke was, and who the heck was Maz Kanata is and why she had access to Luke's old saber? 

3 hours ago, deathbat96777 said:

bump! Am I the only one that will be furious if they don't explain who Rey's parents are, who Snoke was, and who the heck was Maz Kanata is and why she had access to Luke's old saber? 

Definitely not the only one. 

It wouldn't surprise me if the entire movie is just as pointless as Last Jedi, answers no real questions, kills off more old characters, and ends with Kylo, Rey, etc still alive

11 minutes ago, deathbat96777 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the entire movie is just as pointless as Last Jedi, answers no real questions, kills off more old characters, and ends with Kylo, Rey, etc still alive

I think (hope) Abrams is going to try and course correct. 

I still think Rey is a Kenobi. I think Obi-Wan is her grandfather. I also think Lando is Finn's dad and his mother is the girl from Solo. I think Maz is just a scavenger that hunts down force artifacts and just so happened to be lead by the force to go to Cloud City, dug around in some junk and found Luke's lightsaber. I think Snoke was the first ever Sith. These are my theories