Sign in to follow this  

Do you help newer players in the game?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Do you help newer players in the game?

I try to do what I can, but I'm not going to use all my resources/energy on saving a lost cause if they're hellbent on getting themselves killed.

• Like 4

There's two ways I like to play as a counselor when I'm going solo. I'm either trying to kill Jason, and if that's not feasible, I'm going to try and get the cops called and help get as many other counselors out as a I can. (Or the car as a last resort) That's not just for noobs either, that effort extends to anyone in the lobby whose still alive, and I don't give a crap if I die trying either. That's what's fun for me, as I've got nothing left in this game to achieve or prove to anyone. 

I do try to help new players wherever I can, to the extent their willing or capable of being helped. There's only so much you can do, especially when they don't communicate or once Jason's in rage mode. I have given up my seat in the car for newer players on occasion, but I usually provide the most help trying to help those last couple of newbies chug towards the police exit. I've been in a lot of matches where keeping the Noobs alive is more challenging than avoiding Jason.  

• Like 1

if im in the mood. yes. if its literally their first game and im jason i will help them somewhat by not going after them first.

On 11/23/2021 at 9:20 PM, gmintz09 said:

I try to do what I can, but I'm not going to use all my resources/energy on saving a lost cause if they're hellbent on getting themselves killed.

Understandable.

On 11/23/2021 at 11:13 PM, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I've been in a lot of matches where keeping the Noobs alive is more challenging than avoiding Jason.  

That does prove challenging, and funny sometimes.

23 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

if im in the mood. yes. if its literally their first game and im jason i will help them somewhat by not going after them first.

I do the same.

• Like 4

If I'm Jason and all (or most) of the lobby are low-level, I msg a few of them and tell them to go ahead and escape, then dump all five traps at the shack entrance (sometimes I just stay there, but other times I like to go troll them a bit before letting them go.). A 150 Jason going after a lobby of complete n00bs like they were a high-level kill-squad is just too big of a dick move for me.

HOWEVER... If I catch someone near the shack, I'll PM them and tell them to go away and escape with the others. If they don't, or they do but then come back, I tell them something to the effect of, "Most/All of you guys are low level, so I'm trying to be nice and let everyone go. Don't fuck with me/piss me off/press your luck/do something stupid." If it STILL happens again, I just kill them. 90% of the time they take the hint and bugger off after the first message..

If they go away but come back with Tommy (and all five traps are still undisturbed) I turn on Stalk, Morph somewhere behind them (but still within Shift distance) and wait. As soon as I hear the first trap go off, I Shift back to them and grab whoever stepped in the trap (this works best if it's Tommy). If they have a PK, they'll drop right on top of a second trap and die instantly. If they don't, whoever is NOT in the trap is almost guaranteed to either shoot or hit me to try and free the one who DID step in the trap. As a result, they will most likely drop right on top of another trap, killing them instantly. If I get salty messages, I just reply with a screenshot of their dead body.

• Haha 2