Bonez

Looking for someone to do something fun with ​ 😉​

Sorry for the clickbait title, I couldn't resist 😂

Hey guys! Anyone who knows me, you're familiar; for anyone who doesn't, please check my signature when you're done reading this.

My F13th credentials are I'm an original who has backed this game and still an active, frequent player on console (Xbox). I have a podcasting platform called Slasher Radio which is based around the horror genre that has seen modest success from. But as much as I love doing Slasher Radio every week, it has become very formatted and dealing with sponsors and all that type of stuff, pretty much the ratio of what I 'ACTUALLY ENJOY DOING' vs. it being 'Work' has definitely changed. With all that being said, I've been kicking around the idea of starting up a new, completely separate, less formatted, more laid back, topical show about something I'm passionate about. I mentioned this to a few friends while playing F13th and what started as a joke, has grown (in my head anyway) into what seems like it could be a really fun idea... A Friday the 13th The Game Podcast! And my reason for posting this is.... We need one more host!

Why a Podcast about Friday the 13th The Game?

Why not?! Has work on the game stopped? Sure. But the community is still so strong and active and some players have a connection to this game like I've never seen in gaming before. I feel like this type of connection is possible because of how closely with every detail that GUN was able to get to this franchise that we all grew up on and love. I feel like there is a ton that can be discussed about this game from so many different aspects, but most importantly, I know there are people who also appreciate it and who want to hear it and talk about it!

This project has already been accepted by Slasher Radio's parent network (Fansided) at launch. Obviously this will be a fan show. This is in no way associated with Gun Interactive.

What would a Friday the 13th The Game Podcast even sound like?

A different game-related topic every week! This isn't to say every topic will COMPLETELY revolve around the game. Another thing that is so great about this game, is it allows us to talk about so much more than just itself. Here are some early ideas of topics I feel we'd be able to hit:

- Connection between game & movies

- The current community/current players

- The leagues

- Comparison to other survival games

- The classic 'Fantasy Convos' of what could/should have been

- Reminiscing on the old days of the game

- .... Friday the 13th movies in general, duh!

What is being looked for in a co-host?

The ideal third host doesn't necessarily need to be an 'original' of the game.... Hell, they don't even need to like the game. Contrarian/Differing views and debates are always a good time! But these are a must:

Knowledgeable

Obviously a complete understanding of the game is needed. Also a pretty thorough understanding of the film franchise is pretty much a must as well.

Decent Audio Setup

You don't need to be in Dr. Dre's studio or anything, but at least a mic or even headset where your audio comes in clear. No cell phones and headphones. 😂

MOST IMPORTANTLY.... Dedicated.

We're looking for someone who is serious and will commit to this project, not someone we'll have to worry about dropping out a few months in. There will be 3 hosts so that means 3 schedules that need to be worked around for recording sessions, these are things to keep in mind. Also keep in mind, podcasting isn't a gold mine. Especially in the early stages. We aren't interested in someone who is doing this just to make money. To me that isn't a true commitment. We want someone who cares as much as we do and only cares about making something great and fun. So if you're serious about becoming a host for this project, either DM me or reply here and I'll reach out and we can start a process of getting to know each other and seeing if its a fit. Chemistry is everything!

Thank you for reading and hope all of you will be part of this in one way or another and we can keep this community strong! Positive Vibes!

3 hours ago, Bonez said:

What is being looked for in a co-host?

3 hours ago, Bonez said:

Knowledgeable

Obviously a complete understanding of the game is needed.

Good luck

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bonez said:

Thank you!

I mean that. 

Honestly I think you're looking in the wrong place. Check the threads in here over the last 4 years, let alone recent topics of discussion like: "Anybody that plays Vanessa is garbage and you can't change my mind..."

Knowledge left this place a long time ago...

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I mean that. 

Honestly I think you're looking in the wrong place. Check the threads in here over the last 4 years, let alone recent topics of discussion like: "Anybody that plays Vanessa is garbage and you can't change my mind..."

Knowledge left this place a long time ago...

Yeah I haven't spent too much time here, but from what I remember, that seems pretty on point.

I guess I'd just hope everyone runs around screaming so much about how they hate the situation the game was put in, maybe they'd put their 'gAmEr PrIdE' down for a bit... Who knows lol

17 minutes ago, Bonez said:

I guess I'd just hope everyone runs around screaming so much about how they hate the situation the game was put in,

The lawsuit? That saved the game tbh. From what I've seen, the Grendel map would play like shit anyway. They should've stuck to basics and made maps for 6 and 7 before taking Jason to space. I would've rather seen a Hell map for Savini than the Grendel map.

10 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

The lawsuit? That saved the game tbh. From what I've seen, the Grendel map would play like shit anyway. They should've stuck to basics and made maps for 6 and 7 before taking Jason to space. I would've rather seen a Hell map for Savini than the Grendel map.

Eh, to each their own. They had a lot of small things that were going to be rolled out too. Hell, I'd rather play Grendel than Higgins Big or Jarvis 🤣 

22 minutes ago, Bonez said:

Eh, to each their own. They had a lot of small things that were going to be rolled out too. Hell, I'd rather play Grendel than Higgins Big or Jarvis 🤣 

Higgins large and Jarvis are two of the best maps, wdym? Jarvis for competetive play anyway. I can get why it wouldn't be fun for playing solo in pubs. But still, even for a small kill squad, it's a decent map. And who doesn't appreciate easy escapes on Higgins large?

Best of luck to ya! I definitely support anything or anyone trying to keep this game alive. I could certainly use something else to listen too to help keep me awake when I'm at work.

18 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Best of luck to ya! I definitely support anything or anyone trying to keep this game alive. I could certainly use something else to listen too to help keep me awake when I'm at work.

Appreciate the kind words! This is the very beginning stages but I'm hoping to have everything done and up and running by the holidays. We'll see.

Until then you can check out my regular show if you want, everything is in my sig. #Horror