slashmedaddy

Anybody that plays Vanessa is bad and you can’t change my mind

I took maybe a 5 month break from the game and it’s hilarious that people still run Vanessa and what blows my mind even more is that they’re mostly max levels that still get wiped out! Y’all have 0 skill… can’t even repair and can’t even don’t the main job, RUN JASON throughout the match so others get the objectives done 

well… yes and no. let me explain, playing as nessa does definitely give ya a stronger advantage due to speed and very high and fast recovering stamina. she is probably my least favorite counselor because 90% of the remaining players on this game use her and it does tend to fuck up the game. let’s say jason is facing off against  five vanessa’s, one fox and one debbie. now, i don’t know about you but i think i’d take out the smart counselors first and leave the vanessas to fix stuff. most people that play her do tend to mess up on something at least once. i think the typical lobby should have at least 1-2 vanessas which are obviously played by the best people there but who would debate about being the best? it just seems cocky too lol. i do see where you are going with this though, i’ve seen some real shitty max level vanessas throughout my time. it would be nice to see nessa mains actually play as somebody else for once to see where the legit skills are set. i’ve seen nessa mains play as someone else and start dying a lot more and even faster, they’d probably get better if they just took the time to actually play as someone other than vanessa but oh well. if they want to play as her, then so be it. 

Nah.  You always know where they are and if you're good at ambush shifts, not hard to dispatch.

Playing as Jason all those Vanessas aren't too bad to deal with.   In a lobby full of Vanessas I will usually spend the first 5min of the match dealing with all the objectives and maybe catch a few non-Vanessa counselors.  Once I have my Stalk ability catching those pesky Nessas isn't so bad. 

Playing as a counselor all those Vanessas are a bit more annoying.  The average Nessa player will run around looting drawers and leaving cabin doors wide open (unless it is a 1-hit door.  For some reason they insist on locking those lol).  So they are more of a hindrance to the group than help.  But thankfully they make so much noise they will usually keep Jason busy for the first half of the match and because they are so fast, even the crappy Vanessas can take up a lot of Jason's time.   In those kinds of lobbies I seem to spend the better part of my time locking up cabins they have gone thru like a tornado and looting their dead bodies.

On 11/1/2021 at 4:04 PM, ULTIMA said:

vanessa is for people with zero skill.

I use Vanessa for the same and only reason I use Buggzy: to kill Jason. 90% of my counselor-play is done with Bunny Girl, though sometimes I'll use Tiffany if I'm going to be running parts or trying to keep Jason busy.

I tend to pre-judge Vanessa players as well to be honest. Most of the time they tend to troll rather than push objectives (often while holding on to key items like the fuse or keys) and then drop the minute they get grabbed without a pocket knife. I've met a handful of 150 Vanessas who actually push objectives and I can respect that, but they are few and far between. I always find it funny that a lot of these max level Vanessas go on and on about how they have superior skills because they can run Jason around and/or survive the night - they're literally playing with the most overpowered counselor in the game...the biggest crutch. Do that with a mid-level counselor and then I'll give you props for your "superior skills." 😂

But honestly, she's played mostly as a troll because that's how she's built to be played. She's supposed to draw Jason's attention while other things are getting done.

You guys clearly aren't playing with the right Vanessa's. We use them to solo phone and Tommy box in competitive play so the rest of the lobby can work on car escapes. The good ones will give you a killer headache by the time you're done with your J match. 

Weird. I fix stuff with Vanessa all the time, have very little interest in trolling, or running Jason around for twenty minutes unless the guy playing J is a total ass-hat that I just don't want to be killed by. I must be playing Vanessa wrong. 

All joking aside,  I use Vanessa primarily for Jason Killing purposes. I like the tri options of trying to draw Tommy or getting the sweater if need be, or if the the kill is off the table, I'm good enough with her repair to sneak parts in as long as Jason isn't up my bumhole.  Honestly I value her speed and decent luck, which somewhat helps balance out her low repair and strength. The high stamina is more of a bonus, for me anyway. 

On 11/8/2021 at 12:40 PM, Somethin Cool said:

You guys clearly aren't playing with the right Vanessa's. We use them to solo phone and Tommy box in competitive play so the rest of the lobby can work on car escapes. The good ones will give you a killer headache by the time you're done with your J match. 

3 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Weird. I fix stuff with Vanessa all the time, have very little interest in trolling, or running Jason around for twenty minutes unless the guy playing J is a total ass-hat that I just don't want to be killed by. I must be playing Vanessa wrong. 

You two are definitely in the minority from my experience with 150 Vanessas. Pushing objectives isn’t very common from what I’ve seen. Very few do anything other than troll and drop the minute they get grabbed without a knife. Some give a respectable runaround, but most are little bitches the minute things don’t go their way. 

7 hours ago, gmintz09 said:

You two are definitely in the minority from my experience with 150 Vanessas. Pushing objectives isn’t very common from what I’ve seen. Very few do anything other than troll and drop the minute they get grabbed without a knife. Some give a respectable runaround, but most are little bitches the minute things don’t go their way. 

"150" doesn't mean anything tbh. Not 4 years in and mostly double XP, anyway. Judging players by counselor choice is like me judging Jason's by cutscene. If I see weapon swap and a full blood skin, I can say there's an excellent chance the Jason's a sweaty tryhard that thinks they're way better than they actually are. Even though that's usually true, it doesn't mean they're all bad.

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

"150" doesn't mean anything tbh. Not 4 years in and mostly double XP, anyway. Judging players by counselor choice is like me judging Jason's by cutscene. If I see weapon swap and a full blood skin, I can say there's an excellent chance the Jason's a sweaty tryhard that thinks they're way better than they actually are. Even though that's usually true, it doesn't mean they're all bad.

Right, and I said as much in my original post. I was admitting that I tend to prejudge high level Vanessas and that sometimes I do end up being wrong. Unfortunately, that hasn’t happened very often, which is a shame because for those few who do play her well, they can really help a lobby out through keeping Jason distracted and/or running parts. I just don’t personally tend to see that very often. 

9 hours ago, gmintz09 said:

Right, and I said as much in my original post. I was admitting that I tend to prejudge high level Vanessas and that sometimes I do end up being wrong. Unfortunately, that hasn’t happened very often, which is a shame because for those few who do play her well, they can really help a lobby out through keeping Jason distracted and/or running parts. I just don’t personally tend to see that very often. 

I haven't seen anything noteworthy in public lobbies in a long time. They're pretty sad most of the time. 🤷‍♀️

It's an interesting topic. A lot of people don’t like Vanessa, I partly understand that because yes, a lot of Vanessa is trolling but I think it's a manageable problem.

This is my experience: most of the time I choose Vanessa for one simple reason: with a good marathon and/or restful perk I have a better chance of finding a pocket knife, spray (and of course other things like gun, gas etc.) so I have a better chance of surviving against Jason as well. (I don’t like when someone is looking for things by leaving every door open.) There is no particular problem with repairs either because if you start the repair cycle more than once you can solve it with fewer clicks sooner or later. Of course I still screw up sometimes but I still have a pocket knife and/or spray if Jason shows up :). I tried all the characters several times (level 150) and Vanessa is in the top 2 or 3 overall. Of course if your main goal is to repair then obviously don’t choose her.

I have more problems with those silly Jasons who keep killing the host first who then unfortunately quit at least 30% of the time. This is my experience on ps4.

Vanessa is the ONLY CHARACTER in the game who can as I call it "troll walk" Jason effectively the whole game. She's the ONLY CHARACTER who can jog NON-STOP stopping for brief amounts of time with OP stamina regen.  Usually a Vanessa who wants to troll a jason will run Max medic perk, Max stamina perk, and improved healing perk, with a Perk that gives them high stamina regen when crouched.  I hate Vanessa's because anyone who plays one has one goal and one goal alone generally: Piss the Jason player off by trolling them the entire game.  You don't even have to be good at Vanessa to troll Jason the whole game. All you need are the previously mentioned perks at just about any rarity level and a small knowledge of the map layout.

Pro-Troll Vanessa's(note: they aren't skilled by any means, they just know how to exploit the map layout) will make sure to have at least 2 pocket knives before they begin trolling Jason hense why if I'm Jason, I gun for them before they can get them if i find them soon enough. However if they get "fully equipped" I just ignore them the whole game until their the last one left.

Usually in my experience pro-troll Vanessa's love to taunt and troll-walk the whole time you chase them. With me, I just stop trying to put in the damned effort. Sure I'll chase them and try to kill them but the only thing their going to get out of me is this line on voice: "lmao, git gud noob." and similar lines because they aren't skilled players. They use vanessa because her stats based on the gameplay loop of the game make her OP.   Sure, they'll be looking forward to those frustrated groans, calling them names, ect because they get off on pissing Jason's off but they won't get that from me.

Hell, after awhile I'll even sometimes get bored and say: "Okay troll, I'm leaving, have fun doing nothing." and morph away for the rest of the match Not leave the match mind you, just leave them alone for the remainder of the match. THEY HATE THAT!XD

PS: Running in a circle is enough to make getting a shift grab a nightmare even for the best Jason players and they are likely to miss which is what a Pro-troll vanessa will do when they notice you shifting at them.

13 hours ago, deathsia said:

Vanessa is the ONLY CHARACTER in the game who can as I call it "troll walk" Jason effectively the whole game. 

Vanessa, Chad, Buggzy, Jenny (no fear build), and Tiffany can all do this with ease.

13 hours ago, deathsia said:

Usually a Vanessa who wants to troll a jason will run Max medic perk, Max stamina perk, and improved healing perk, with a Perk that gives them high stamina regen when crouched.

Medic, thick skin, and nerves of steel are the preferred perks for running Jason solo. Medic, thick, and hypo if you're running in groups. Nobody that's any good runs stam regen perks unless you're running no fear Jenny build. And crouching doesn't help with stam regen at all.

14 hours ago, deathsia said:

Pro-Troll Vanessa's(note: they aren't skilled by any means, they just know how to exploit the map layout)

That's not true. If they're running solo and surviving Jason's consistently, then they're most likely highly skilled.

have at least 2 pocket knives before they begin trolling Jason hense why if I'm Jason, I gun for them before they can get them if i find them soon enough. However if they get "fully equipped" I just ignore them the whole game until their the last one left.

Jason can slash too

but the only thing their going to get out of me is this line on voice: "lmao, git gud noob." and similar lines because they aren't skilled players. They use vanessa because her stats based on the gameplay loop of the game make her OP.   Sure, they'll be looking forward to those frustrated groans, calling them names, ect because they get off on pissing Jason's off but they won't get that from me.

I mute the entire lobby when I play pubs 🤷‍♀️

Hell, after awhile I'll even sometimes get bored and say: "Okay troll, I'm leaving, have fun doing nothing." and morph away for the rest of the match Not leave the match mind you, just leave them alone for the remainder of the match. THEY HATE THAT!XD

Again, lobby muted so...

The only reason I play anymore is to survive the night or die trying. Escape and kill are too easy. The thrill of the chase is literally the only thing left that brings me entertainment. Btw, emoting and teabagging are simply to get under the Jason players skin because it generally causes him to make poor choices and makes him more likely to mess up.

PS: Running in a circle is enough to make getting a shift grab a nightmare even for the best Jason players and they are likely to miss which is what a Pro-troll vanessa will do when they notice you shifting at them.

This is a solid tactic for anyone that doesn't want to be shift grabbed. It's usually not necessary in pubs because most Jason's short shift, so all you really need to do is pause for a split second and then continue the jog. Always good for the "pro-troll Vanessa" because stupid Jason's help conserve stam by playing poorly.

😎

• Like 1

17 hours ago, deathsia said:

I call it "troll walk"

I call it "managing your stamina".

17 hours ago, deathsia said:

Sure I'll chase them and try to kill them but the only thing their going to get out of me is this line on voice: "lmao, git gud noob."

If you cannot catch a counselor as Jason then it means they are better at playing as that particular counselor than you are at playing as that particular Jason.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.

I've noticed a lot of people like to say players that troll or use "tech" only do so because they are crappy at the game. In some cases that may be true but more often than not it is just an attempt to dismiss the player who beat them in order to make themselves feel better.  More often than not, the player trolling or using tech is actually pretty decent at the game but facing that fact means looking in the mirror to find answers why you lost.  And really, who wants to accept blame for their own failures?  ;)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

I've noticed a lot of people like to say players that troll or use "tech" only do so because they are crappy at the game. In some cases that may be true but more often than not it is just an attempt to dismiss the player who beat them in order to make themselves feel better.  More often than not, the player trolling or using tech is actually pretty decent at the game but facing that fact means looking in the mirror to find answers why you lost.  And really, who wants to accept blame for their own failures?  ;)

☝️☝️Exactly this

I mean, I could do it with Lachappa just as easily and still Stn pubs more often than not. It's not really about the stam, the speed, or the luck. It's whether or not the Jason knows what he's doing.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2021 at 12:44 PM, Laotian Lam said:

I call it "managing your stamina".

If you cannot catch a counselor as Jason then it means they are better at playing as that particular counselor than you are at playing as that particular Jason.  Nothing more.  Nothing less.

On 12/1/2021 at 12:57 PM, Somethin Cool said:

☝️☝️Exactly this

I mean, I could do it with Lachappa just as easily and still Stn pubs more often than not. It's not really about the stam, the speed, or the luck. It's whether or not the Jason knows what he's doing.

Once again, the pro-troll vanessa's flock in to white knight their tactics which begs the question: Why bother on a dead forum? Bah preaching to the choir here. 

On a side note I find it hilarious that anyone who waits out the 20min timer calls that "winning".  If that timer wasn't there Jason's would of eventually caught you at some point if you don't escape. Hell, kinda wish there was a way to remove the timer for that reason alone. because even the best pro-troll vanessa's can't evade Jason forever if they keep harassing them, especially at enrage. Vanessa's bank on the timer for their "wins" since they can't repair worth a shit so fat chance getting the phone repaired without Jason noticing.

10 hours ago, deathsia said:

Once again, the pro-troll vanessa's flock in to white knight their tactics which begs the question: Why bother on a dead forum? Bah preaching to the choir here. 

On a side note I find it hilarious that anyone who waits out the 20min timer calls that "winning".  If that timer wasn't there Jason's would of eventually caught you at some point if you don't escape. Hell, kinda wish there was a way to remove the timer for that reason alone. because even the best pro-troll vanessa's can't evade Jason forever if they keep harassing them, especially at enrage. Vanessa's bank on the timer for their "wins" since they can't repair worth a shit so fat chance getting the phone repaired without Jason noticing.

Oh, come on dude. Just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion or doesn't play the way you want them too, that means they're a troll white-knighting for trolling? No... Go back and read their posts without your Vanessa hate-boner on, this isn't what they're saying. Not exactly anyway...

Surviving the night is a perfectly legitimate condition for winning. Hell, sometimes it becomes your only option depending on match flow... And yes, if you gave Jason a handicap and extended the match to thirty or forty minutes, I'm sure most decent Jason's can eventually catch the troll. 🤣 I'm not even sure how to unpack that. Twenty minutes is more than enough time for a Jason who knows what he's doing to dispatch a lobby, even with runners. On the rare occasion I run into a counselor who can outlast me for the full twenty, I tip my mask to them. I don't make excuses or call them trolls and pretend they somehow didn't beat me. That reminds me too much of guys who rage-quit the second they get grabbed and pretend they somehow won or one-uped Jason because of it. No... You still lost. I accept it, and tell myself I need to do better next time. I actually enjoy a good chase against a really skilled counselor. 

I do agree that the best way to deal with a troll is to more-or-less ignore them and shrug off their antics, and yes some of them do get themselves hard by doing their stupid tea-bagging and dancing on Jason's face, but for most Trolls, there's nothing more satisfying for them than to break Jason enough that he either rage-quits or just gives up. I'm sorry, but not engaging that player at all because you don't want to bother with them or know you aren't good enough to catch them is a form of giving up. There's no point in quitting especially once in rage... Everybody's tripped once or twice at the worst possible moment. Everybody's climbed through the wrong window, or ran through a door not realizing Jason was standing right there. Trolls can be taken advantage of if you know what your doing.

I mentioned this earlier, but I fix the phone quite frequently with Vanessa. It's a bit more challenging, especially against an alert Jason but by no means impossible.

12 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Oh, come on dude. Just because someone doesn't agree with your opinion or doesn't play the way you want them too, that means they're a troll white-knighting for trolling? No... Go back and read their posts without your Vanessa hate-boner on, this isn't what they're saying. Not exactly anyway...

Surviving the night is a perfectly legitimate condition for winning. Hell, sometimes it becomes your only option depending on match flow... And yes, if you gave Jason a handicap and extended the match to thirty or forty minutes, I'm sure most decent Jason's can eventually catch the troll. 🤣 I'm not even sure how to unpack that. Twenty minutes is more than enough time for a Jason who knows what he's doing to dispatch a lobby, even with runners. On the rare occasion I run into a counselor who can outlast me for the full twenty, I tip my mask to them. I don't make excuses or call them trolls and pretend they somehow didn't beat me. That reminds me too much of guys who rage-quit the second they get grabbed and pretend they somehow won or one-uped Jason because of it. No... You still lost. I accept it, and tell myself I need to do better next time. I actually enjoy a good chase against a really skilled counselor. 

I do agree that the best way to deal with a troll is to more-or-less ignore them and shrug off their antics, and yes some of them do get themselves hard by doing their stupid tea-bagging and dancing on Jason's face, but for most Trolls, there's nothing more satisfying for them than to break Jason enough that he either rage-quits or just gives up. I'm sorry, but not engaging that player at all because you don't want to bother with them or know you aren't good enough to catch them is a form of giving up. There's no point in quitting especially once in rage... Everybody's tripped once or twice at the worst possible moment. Everybody's climbed through the wrong window, or ran through a door not realizing Jason was standing right there. Trolls can be taken advantage of if you know what your doing.

I mentioned this earlier, but I fix the phone quite frequently with Vanessa. It's a bit more challenging, especially against an alert Jason but by no means impossible.

Nearly every single vanessa I have encountered has been a troll who has taunted, tea-bagged, and been a down right bitch to me. So forgive me if when I see a vanessa player, I automatically assume troll.

3 hours ago, deathsia said:

Nearly every single vanessa I have encountered has been a troll who has taunted, tea-bagged, and been a down right bitch to me. So forgive me if when I see a vanessa player, I automatically assume troll

Learn from it instead of getting pissed off by it. When you're good enough to take out one of them, you'll be able to handle anyone.

19 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Learn from it instead of getting pissed off by it. When you're good enough to take out one of them, you'll be able to handle anyone.

No one is EVER GOOD ENOUGH to kill a pro-troll Vanessa because as i said before: their stats based on the gameplay loop make them OP since they can outjog Jason the whole game. What's that? low on stamina with Jason right behind them? Time to crawl in a window and repeat the process until stamina is full then resume troll walking. Broken window? First Aid spray and continue on like nothing happened. Throw a knife at them? they just use it again and odds are you're out of knives or nearly out by this point since their most likely the last one alive. Walk up to swing at them? *bat to the face* and then they heal anyways.  If you enraged, they'll heal inside away from window to prevent knife interrupt.

Then there's the classic: "Run in a circle around the chairs and other objects in one of the house living rooms" since the counselor hitbox is smaller than jason's, he'll never catch them, even if they're low on stamina. Shift inside the house? fat chance not getting stuck on a random object as they casually walk/jog away to the other room.

No matter how you slice it, want to make it sound possible, you will NEVER catch a pro-troll vanessa unless they want you to or another player gets in their way allowing you to slash them to death before they can get away.