mattshotcha

PC Matchmaking Change Deployed

On 10/27/2021 at 9:32 AM, tyrant666 said:

Sounds interesting.

I'll have to take a look myself and reinstall again. Only thing I worry about is most of the teamers and trolls being able to host outweighing those who want to play the actual game.

What's your impression of it so far? Just out of curiosity.

This past weekend was a good test of the workaround. Because of the Christmas spike of new players, there was 1500+ players on PC at a single time according to a few Steam chart websites. Even with all those players on at once, I got thrown into the hacked lobbies quite frequently. If it wasn't that, I'd get thrown into a non-hacked one with the same bunch of players I had just played a match with.

On 12/27/2021 at 8:37 AM, Phantom Stranger said:

Even with all those players on at once, I got thrown into the hacked lobbies quite frequently

Which gives more credence to my theory all the time.The hack is funneling as much incoming player traffic as possible into these hacked lobbies and bypassing available hosted ones. Wait about 2 weeks when the "sale" influx dies down as new comers find out how awful the state of affairs are and quit playing. Good luck avoiding the hacked lobbies then. My question is,  Who is paying for these servers that the traffic is being directed to? I thought servers were expensive and this has been going on for nearly a year. Those hackers must have some deep pockets to keep those servers going. Or are they servers in name only? It says SERVER on the waiting lobby that's how you know it's a hacked lobby.

13 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

My question is,  Who is paying for these servers that the traffic is being directed to? I thought servers were expensive and this has been going on for nearly a year. Those hackers must have some deep pockets to keep those servers going. Or are they servers in name only? It says SERVER on the waiting lobby that's how you know it's a hacked lobby.

I've been wondering about this since the very beginning of this whole hacked lobby situation. I always think, "Wow what a waste of money." But now I'm starting to wonder if they're just compromised systems/servers. Like some kind of botnet.

2 hours ago, Phantom Stranger said:

But now I'm starting to wonder if they're just compromised systems/servers. Like some kind of botnet.

That kind of talk is above my pay scale.I don't fully understand how servers and stuff works. I just can't fathom a single or group of hackers forking out $$$ to keep servers up just to screw over Gun and the player base.

Yep Still broken,Their so called work around and being able to host your own public lobby is pretty much a waste of time.You only get the overflow from  what the hacked lobbies can't handle due to the recent sale the player base went up to 1500 but that hasn't been lasting as I knew it wouldn't.New comers are quickly learning how sad a shape online has become and are either refunding or just shelving the game if they've gone past the 2 hr limit. It's already in the 900's now after only about a week. You choose Join a public lobby and 98% you are ending up in a hacked lobby.

For Europe Players

Change your steam server download in the settings of steam to germany frankfurt and create your lobby, players comes faster.

• Thanks 1

On 1/3/2022 at 8:30 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

Yep Still broken,Their so called work around and being able to host your own public lobby is pretty much a waste of time.You only get the overflow from  what the hacked lobbies can't handle due to the recent sale the player base went up to 1500 but that hasn't been lasting as I knew it wouldn't.New comers are quickly learning how sad a shape online has become and are either refunding or just shelving the game if they've gone past the 2 hr limit. It's already in the 900's now after only about a week. You choose Join a public lobby and 98% you are ending up in a hacked lobby.

Yeah, people aren't going to stick around when they're constantly put in lobbies that completely ruin the game. Especially a game like this that's 95% dependent on online matches.

Oh well, at least I got the enjoy the game for a few months, before all of this began. I was pretty good too, I did enjoy it. But the current situation, as it as been (for what, over a year now?) is like a bad joke.

I read some of the "positive" reviews, and some of them are basically troll-jokes, while some say how the game used to be good.

This is really a disservice, because people should be aware that this game is essentially broken on the PC platform.

Well the hackers are invading Dead by Daylight now if that is any consolation. I just watched a recent You Tube about ever since Epic Games got a hold of DBD and offered it for free for a week the hacking situation on that game is pretty rampant( been  that way since it went cross play really) The PC hackers have just gotten worse since it was given out for free.. Behavior is seemingly doing nothing to stop it either.Sound familiar? They should have the money and resources to stop them too. EAC is a total joke.

On 1/2/2022 at 11:35 PM, Fatal Error said:

Is this game still broken?

I've moved on to Magic: The Gathering - Arena, since.

How is that game?

On 1/10/2022 at 11:49 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

Well the hackers are invading Dead by Daylight now if that is any consolation. I just watched a recent You Tube about ever since Epic Games got a hold of DBD and offered it for free for a week the hacking situation on that game is pretty rampant( been  that way since it went cross play really) The PC hackers have just gotten worse since it was given out for free.. Behavior is seemingly doing nothing to stop it either.Sound familiar? They should have the money and resources to stop them too. EAC is a total joke.

I'm not surprised in the least.

• Like 2

It is fun, I used to play the card game back in the early 90s. Now that a computer algorithm does all of the math for you, and streamlines the rules, it is a lot more fun.

On 4/14/2022 at 10:49 PM, Fatal Error said:

I'm guessing this game is still broken by mods on PC.

Well support did fix my Data login error on my accounts,we'll see how long it remains that way. However the modded lobbies are very still much a thing and darn near  impossible to avoid unless you play with a bunch of friends in private matches. Hackers still abound and most have a way to redirect/spoof their actual profile so it is pointless recording evidence of them using their cheats as you can't report their actual Steam profile which support needs to ban them.

So, have hacked lobbies been eliminated, or is match making on PC still a crap shoot?

Still crap,the hacked lobbies aren't going away. Wait for Camp Blood in about a month or so. Matt tries to claim the player traffic isn't being funneled into those lobbies. I say prove to me that isn't happening.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2022 at 7:53 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

Still crap,the hacked lobbies aren't going away. Wait for Camp Blood in about a month or so. Matt tries to claim the player traffic isn't being funneled into those lobbies. I say prove to me that isn't happening.

Cool! I'll be looking forward to Camp Blood. I missed F13, hopefully this will allow ppl to play again.