Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What do you think is worse when Jason knows he's gonna be killed, rage quit or just keeps morphing away the whole match?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ih8teamers said:

What do you think is worse when Jason knows he's gonna be killed, rage quit or just keeps morphing away the whole match?

Neither.  What's worse is counselors who chase him around the map instead of just escaping. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I suppose it depends on the situation. If Jason is morphing away to collect knives or attempt a more strategic position, then that's still playing the game. If he isn't attempting to pose any sort of offensive threat, then he's just running away and artificially prolonging the match, which is annoying and unnecessary. Waiting out the timer doesn't mean he "won." Just makes him look like a coward.

Rage-quitting mid-death or just before death just makes you look like a little b*tch. You've been had; accept it, learn from it, and move on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rage-quitting is always the worse look. There's nothing more sad than somebody who thinks they've somehow won by thinking they're denying another player something by quitting like a little bitch. Hiding in the water for the remainder of the match is pretty much a version of rage-quitting. Your essentially taking yourself out of the game, so it's no differen't. 

Now, if Jason is playing hide-and-seek that's a differen't story, and actually isn't a bad strategy. I've said this many times before, but Jason is not obligated to let the counselors kill him. Make the counselors work for it, as a lot can happen in that timeframe. Counselors can get impatient and sloppy, especially if they're inexperienced, aren't used to working together, or aren't communicating on any level. You can run counselors out of stamina,  or force sweater girl or Tommy to inadvertently isolate themselves making them vulnerable, especially if Jason's confident he's neutralized the PK situation. Really Good Jason's don't even need a lot of separation,  just enough to get the drop on the  target and get a quick kill off before the others can rally around them. There's also a chance you can get sweater girl to use the sweater at an inopportune time when Tommy or other squad members aren't in position. That audio glitch where you don't always hear the voice lines when the sweater gets used is still very much a thing. The rare times I do mess up a kill when I'm Tommy, it's usually from realizing too late that the sweater has been used due to a combo of the muted voice lines and sweater girl not ensuring I was in proper position before she hit Y. I can only stay up your ass for so long, especially if you're running around doing your own thing.

Ironically, I can only recall one match with a runaway Jason where he made it the entire twenty minutes without eventually running him down. I've seen several other matches though where Jason survived because he got Tommy or Sweater Girl to mess up in one of the manners I've mentioned above. Hard to argue against a strategy that occasional works. We need to get over this mentality that just because I accomplished A, B, and C, I'm entitled to X, Y, and Z. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This topic wouldn't be such a issue IF killing Jason was actually difficult like we were all lead to believe at launch. We've been over this countless times, it's way too easy to accomplish in the majority of most peoples opinions. As Goalie pointed out if they got your mask and Tommy and SG, the Jason player is under NO obligation just to LET it happen. Playing keep away even to gather knives and try and get a tactical advantage or to get them to use the sweater wrong which none may happen by the time the 20 min time expires is STILL essentially taking yourself out of the game IMO. It's really no different then staying in the water, just 1 looks more cowardly.What about going upstairs in a main house and facing in a outer wall corner? Same difference they aren't going to get the kill.I did this on Higgins in the main house upstairs closet 1 time. I tend to agree with Laotian Lam's comment. Jason is going to LET you escape before potentially dying but most people would rather troll Jason and dance in his face calling him a Pu**y over their mics. Trolling Jason the entire match would contribute to this topic also.If everyone tea bagged and dance emoted after every stun,I sure as hell ain't letting them get the kill no matter what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you're Morphing away to try and separate counselors, theres nothing wrong with that. There's nothing wrong with doing it to collect knives and there's nothing wrong with doing it so you can watch them from a distance and wait for an opportunity. 

Rage quitting is for pussies.... period. And simply refusing to show your face and allowing counselors to run around unchecked is for cowards. You're failing as Jason on a fundamental level when you do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

You're failing as Jason on a fundamental level when you do this.

Using "movie" Jason mentality,Yes he wouldn't give 2 craps and rush in full boar. Most experienced Jason players are going to be a bit smarter and keep their distance knowing that they are at a disadvantage. As I pointed out a opportunity for Jason to attack MAY never happen if the counselor players are smart. So yes it looks cowardly but I'm not going into a situation unless I know there is a very good chance of success. Again as Lam pointed out WHY do you have to kill him when a Jason player is probably going to allow you to escape knowing that one wrong move means death? Also once again IF it was actually difficult to kill him( which it's not) then I could see more of your side or if this was at game launch before a crap ton of nerfs to Jason happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/5/2021 at 7:50 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

Using "movie" Jason mentality,Yes he wouldn't give 2 craps and rush in full boar. Most experienced Jason players are going to be a bit smarter and keep their distance knowing that they are at a disadvantage. As I pointed out a opportunity for Jason to attack MAY never happen if the counselor players are smart. So yes it looks cowardly but I'm not going into a situation unless I know there is a very good chance of success. Again as Lam pointed out WHY do you have to kill him when a Jason player is probably going to allow you to escape knowing that one wrong move means death? Also once again IF it was actually difficult to kill him( which it's not) then I could see more of your side or if this was at game launch before a crap ton of nerfs to Jason happened.

If Jason was maskless, I could perfectly understand why he might be a bit hesitant to attack Tommy and SG. The Jason in the video isn't maskless, and probably still has a decent amount of HP left. He's choosing to allow numerous escapes rather than risk the possibility (not the probability, the POSSIBILITY) of getting killed. If you are so afraid of dying you'd rather let most of the lobby escape than take the slightest chance of getting killed, stick with Offline Bots.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't watch the video till you mentioned he still had his mask my bad,I was assuming a Jason unmasked experienced player would play it safe but you had 2 players with high stun and demasking  potential axes 1 with a shotgun which takes a ton of mask health off against a part 2 Jason who's mask health is weak. I probably would have got the hell out of that scenario also.Your team also tanked  3 traps at the shack entrance meaning you were all  probably running  thick skin and medic. It all boils down to it shouldn't be that easy IMO.You cant meat shield,instant block or instant slash out of blocking anymore so I take that into consideration also. Odds were unless that was Guru  that player was dead man walking as Jason if they stuck around much longer. They didn't even try to hold block  at the shack entrance to keep you from entering the shack so they weren't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rage quitting as Jason is inexcusable, period. That goes double for hiding in the lake.

A strategic retreat, with the intention of making a comeback is fine. Grab some knives, and see if you an split up the kill squad.

Since "Game Jason" is not "Movie Jason", I don't expect every Jason player to take a losing situation with dignity.

On 10/22/2021 at 4:39 PM, I'm Not a Goalie said:

.We need to get over this mentality that just because I accomplished A, B, and C, I'm entitled to X, Y, and Z. 

The amount of salty messages sent to a Jason who doesn't let the counselors kill him shows how entitled players have become in this game. It tends to be players who believe every Jason they encounter should fall at their feet.

On 10/22/2021 at 7:54 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

Jason is going to LET you escape before potentially dying but most people would rather troll Jason and dance in his face calling him a Pu**y over their mics.

I never stick around when a Jason lingers in the lake or gives up during a match. If they won't play like Jason, there are matches to be played with others who will.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Broken record here but if it was a task that felt more "earned" or "worked for" then maybe a Jason player would/could accept defeat and this wouldn't be such a issue.Yes you are still going to have your lake shelter Jason's ,rage quitters,and distance away players no matter if was damn near impossible(which it should be close to that IMO).They took a lot of tools away from Jason with nerfs don't forget. If I could kill him by pure chance it's too easy. Problems never going away just accept and move on game is dead on PC really anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

An inexperienced player is going to fail against experienced players more often than not. Learn to be better or set your preference to counselor. I'd happily accept the challenge of chasing Jason around the map. If it comes to the point where he's blindly allowing escapes to save his own life, by allowing the hunter to become the hunted, then he's already lost. Kill threat does not equal end game, unless you let it...

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2021 at 11:07 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

I didn't watch the video till you mentioned he still had his mask my bad,I was assuming a Jason unmasked experienced player would play it safe but you had 2 players with high stun and demasking  potential axes 1 with a shotgun which takes a ton of mask health off against a part 2 Jason who's mask health is weak. I probably would have got the hell out of that scenario also.Your team also tanked  3 traps at the shack entrance meaning you were all  probably running  thick skin and medic. It all boils down to it shouldn't be that easy IMO.You cant meat shield,instant block or instant slash out of blocking anymore so I take that into consideration also. Odds were unless that was Guru  that player was dead man walking as Jason if they stuck around much longer. They didn't even try to hold block  at the shack entrance to keep you from entering the shack so they weren't the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Did you see the screenshots of the messages I started getting? Apparently, that Jason "has more money than everyone else in the lobby, so he wins".  ^_^

Edit: I agree, Jason is WAY too easy to kill (seeing as how the Predator is easy to kill too, I'm starting to think Illfonic has some kind of fetish for turning badass movie villains into pussies, but I digress....). The mask HP buff DID help a little, but it's still easy to kill Jason. That being said, like S.C. said, it is inexcusable for a Jason to rage-quit or hide in water all game. The Jason in the video might not have quit or hid underwater, but he is still a gutless coward. Not because he didn't run right up to us and just stand there waiting to die, and not because he didn't make some half-ass attempt to try and kill us. He's a gutless coward because he did NOTHING... no "I'll leave and go gather knives", no "Let me watch from a distance to see if they split up", no "I'll hide in the phone cabin and wait in case they come fix the phone", noo "I'll go kill the other guys and come back to the kill-squad later", and not even a "I think I'll troll them by letting them get close and Morphing away".

Absolutely NOTHING was done. This Jason completely disengaged from the entire match. It's more dignified to rage-quit than it is to simply do nothing.

Edited by HaHaTrumpWon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...