Sign in to follow this  
TimDuke 01

Progress report on hacked lobby situation.

Any news? I have heard the modders have already found a way around the upcoming attempted fix.I think we are stuck with them forever.

• Sad 2

According to someone on the Steam forums for this game, the modders or hackers are already 1 step ahead of Gun on this topic.Their upcoming fix won't work, they are wasting their time even trying to fix the situation so I guess this forum will remain open for quite sometime as they said it would remain open until they can fix that issue.

Perhaps they'll have to kill two birds with one stone and just remove quickplay and force everybody to use the private match option. The legit players lose out, but so will the hackers, teamers and trolls.

Drastic sure, but its a suggestion.

I'm no coder but to do that probably would require some recoding of the main game code, I don't think it would be as simple as what you may think. They have repeatedly said they WON"T mess with the main source code again. If they were going in that far just to turn off Quick play they might as well fix it properly. The hackers would find a way into that as well eventually anyway as they have proven they are relentless  and capable at destroying this game. I'm going on record as saying the current lobby situation on PC will NOT get fixed at least for very long if my sources are correct. If quick play goes away they may as well just take the game off Steam.I myself am not taking the time to try and find private lobbies,I'll just quit playing and go to the new "unauthorized" version when it finally releases as I'm keeping tabs on when that is.

• Sad 1

I was just watching that Netflix special on the first Friday the 13th. The "Movies that made us" series, I think it is called.

I thought to myself how much fun it was to play this game, until it because basically a broken mess due to the hacked lobbies.

It really is a shame that I cannot play online with people on PC, and Xbox One version is unbearable, because of ridiculous lag.

There is no way in hell I am going to buy a PS5, for over a G.

WTF are these hackers doing anyway? Running their own servers 24/7? Why can't someone try to do that for normal game play? It seems like many people with computational skill use their abilities to be piece of garbage people.

I saw some comments here where they address the hacked lobbies.

Why haven't we been updated here, when we inquire? It is not like we ask everyday, rather it is weeks and months.

I'm sure you saw in the other topic that I started inquiring about this that someone asked if it were possible a solution would be here by Halloween and Matt said MAYBE.Well that is only a week away so that's not happening. It doesn't matter as I said previously ,my sources tell me the modders or hackers are 1-2 steps ahead of Gun.They already have a way to circumvent this attempted fix and I have no reason to doubt that.My sources have been correct on many things before. Even IF it gets fixed don't expect it to last very long maybe a week at most till were are back at square 1 and they WON'T attempt another fix. I hope I'm wrong and I'll gladly eat some crow and apologize for spreading false info. I'm just telling you past history shows they have little to no ability to stop these hackers for long. PC format is dead my friend.My stepson has a PS4 so worse case scenario I can buy it for that but it has even been hacked now by at least 1 person. I have video evidence.

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, Phantom Stranger said:

Sounds like these hackers have inside of information if they already know what's being done to fix the problem.

Apparently this is true as according to the person on the Steam forum there is a way you can see what Black Tower is doing via Steam somehow, so if true then yes the hackers are on top of any attempted fix.They'll find a way regardless, Gun can't stop them seemingly.

1 minute ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Apparently this is true as according to the person on the Steam forum there is a way you can see what Black Tower is doing via Steam somehow, so if true then yes the hackers are on top of any attempted fix.They'll find a way regardless, Gun can't stop them seemingly.

Hey Tim, this isn't true. At all. 

What you can see via Steam is that there is a dev branch of the game. They have absolutely ZERO insight into what is on that dev branch currently.

Stop posting rumors and theories as facts. This community, and more specifically these forums don't need that. No more threads about "you heard from a guy who thinks..." cause it's all just nonsense to whip up the community here, and I'm not going to allow it to continue given we're in the waning days of the forums anyhow.

To all else in this thread, news on the PC situation EXTREMELY soon. In the meantime, don't believe this "hackers already know what is coming and are a step ahead" nonsense. The change we have been cooking is more of a workaround, and should be a viable workaround for the PC community into the future, as long as there are players looking for a standard match.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Workaround sounds like jumping through a bunch of hoops just to play normally, I hope that is not the case because that doesn't sound like fun to me.I know you can't reveal too much but in the end we'll see how long this actually works. At this point I'm not very optimistic.I think you are underestimating the ability of these people who are hell bent on ruining this game. Time will tell. Ok I'll stop posting theories and things I read on Steam forums. This forum is going to close soon after the release of this "work around" correct?