Dragonfire82877

A&E announced their Fear Fest Lineup

A&E announced their Fear Fest programming lineup for the month of October, and unfortunately, Friday the 13th isn’t on it. No one showed Friday the 13th movies on Friday the 13th, and now Jason in getting left out of Halloween programming. 

• Thanks 1

I have Hulu TV which doesn't carry AMC, so I'm completely out in the cold this Fear Fest anyway. I'm pretty sure it's a rights issue and AMC just couldn't obtain them this year, though weirdly enough I saw they are showing the remake a couple of times but that appears to be it. The entire Friday series is ironically chopped up all over the differen't streaming services... Paramount+ has 3 & 4, the rest of the original eight are all on Pluto TV and HBO Max has the New Line films. We all own copies of these movies, so I know the appeal was to actually get to watch the films on broadcast television like the good old days... If you happen to have the Paramount network  or maybe even Syfy... I think they have the rights to the New Line movies... At the very least Jason X was all over their 31 days of Halloween block last year.

Fuck them I will just watch them myself on Blu-ray along with the Halloween Franchise.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2021 at 7:31 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

A&E announced their Fear Fest programming lineup for the month of October, and unfortunately, Friday the 13th isn’t on it. No one showed Friday the 13th movies on Friday the 13th, and now Jason in getting left out of Halloween programming. 

Shame on those who didn't show F13 on F13.

On 9/21/2021 at 8:21 PM, I'm Not a Goalie said:

.We all own copies of these movies, so I know the appeal was to actually get to watch the films on broadcast television like the good old days... 

I caught Part V on Syfy tonight.

On 9/22/2021 at 7:52 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Fuck them I will just watch them myself on Blu-ray along with the Halloween Franchise.

I was planning to do the same.

• Like 2

@Dragonfire82877

@Fair Play

On 9/21/2021 at 8:21 PM, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I have Hulu TV which doesn't carry AMC, so I'm completely out in the cold this Fear Fest anyway. I'm pretty sure it's a rights issue and AMC just couldn't obtain them this year, though weirdly enough I saw they are showing the remake a couple of times but that appears to be it. The entire Friday series is ironically chopped up all over the differen't streaming services... Paramount+ has 3 & 4, the rest of the original eight are all on Pluto TV and HBO Max has the New Line films. We all own copies of these movies, so I know the appeal was to actually get to watch the films on broadcast television like the good old days... If you happen to have the Paramount network  or maybe even Syfy... I think they have the rights to the New Line movies... At the very least Jason X was all over their 31 days of Halloween block last year.

Looks like Peacock has all the big Horror Franchise movies locked up this year.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

@Dragonfire82877

@Fair Play

Looks like Peacock has all the big Horror Franchise movies locked up this year.

Yup. If anyone prefers to watch these films on network T.V. rather than streaming, a lot of these movies will be on Syfy, which is owned by NBC. They're having a Friday the 13th marathon on Oct 13th, with the expectations of 3 & 4 which Paramount currently has the rights too,  and a Nightmare on Elm street marathon I believe the next day. If you're looking for Evil Dead, It, or the Conjuring movies, they're all on HBO Max.

• Like 1