kevnine

Is there a way for Jason to know which bed I am under?

Help me understand this: Jason knew exactly which bed I was under in a house that had at least 5-6 beds. My character didn't make a sound, but Jason went to my bed right away. I was suspicious in the match that two players were doing teamwork. (Jason and a teammate.) Is there a way for Jason to know which bed I am under?

I've seen people crawl under beds through windows and open doors before, and I have been messaged at least once accusing me of teaming because of it. But yeah, Jason can definitely know where you are and you don't even realize it. There's also simple logical reasoning. If you're chasing a slow character who's out of stamina, odds odd they probably didn't have the time to crawl to the back room of a larger cabin. Experienced Jason's will understand to that most counselors are going to try to hide under the last bed they think Jason will look, so that's the first bed they'll go too if they actually want the hide-and-seek kill. There's also the possibility it was just a lucky ass guess.

Teaming is possible, but unless their teaming buddy is still on the map, it's unlikely anyone could've told Jason the exact bed you were hiding under unless your location is obvious. (Like in a corner near one of the bathrooms or something) I'd have been more suspicious if he paused for a moment, like he was getting directions from someone, and then went straight to you. My guess, without any further details, is Jason was probably peeping on you through a window.

Weird because I had been under the bed for ~2 minutes and Jason was "fighting" with a teammate (or just led to me) more houses away than where I was. The strange thing is that when they got to the house where I was the teammate was next to the house and then moved away but Jason came in and found me right away. So my teammate couldn’t see which bed I was under. Anyway, it's weird, maybe just lucky as you said.

From what other people have said on this forum,  when Jason goes into combat stance he will turn and face the bed you are hiding under.  (havent done it myself)

22 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

From what other people have said on this forum,  when Jason goes into combat stance he will turn and face the bed you are hiding under.  (havent done it myself)

Lol, I tried this once and it didn't work. I was trying to lure Deborah out from under the bed she was hiding under and figured it was a good as time as any to try it. Jason just looked straight ahead and didn't pivot at all towards the bed I know she was hiding under. Maybe I wasn't close enough, but Jason never faced the bed. Not saying it doesn't work, but it didn't for whatever reason the one time I tried it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

I believe they patched that

On 9/8/2021 at 6:34 PM, Somethin Cool said:

I believe they patched that

It still works sometimes. A lot less than what it used to. 

@kevnineThis is an older video, but it still works maybe 1 out of every 15 tries. Don’t know if it matters, but the few times it has worked recently it was on the Pinehurst map. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

more than likely he did hear you. characters breathing gets very loud, and he probably used a good headset. i used a good headset and i could pinpoint where you were.

the jason charachter was given  powers he does NOT have in the movies  why i dont know but i got a guess and they should be removed  heres a list

1. can see items appear on the map like batterys an gasoline 

2. does not have a stamina bar -= cheating right there ilegal

3. can listenin in on the walkie but he does not have 1  = ilegal

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

the jason charachter was given  powers he does NOT have in the movies  why i dont know but i got a guess and they should be removed  heres a list

So, in the movies, Jason was blind, deaf, and needed lots of naps? Funny, I don't remember watching that one...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

He can only hear a person on a walkie IF he is within a certain radius not all the time. Counselors can see those items on the map once they are found so why shouldn't Jason? Jason never seemed to get "tired" in any movie especially after part 5. Riddle me this Jason can see everything on his map  including a small fuse box BUT cannot see a tall red and white tower? The whole game isn't built on logic and neither were the movies.

• Like 1

exactly. itd be like saying that making human jason (SPECIALLY roy) be able to die if enough damage is done to him should be implemented, simply because he is human before part 6, and both jason and roy showed geniune fear for their lives when confronted with a "super" weapon.

its a videogame, not real life. if you want to apply logic and realism, then itd be a very boring game. human jason and roy would get tired, can probably be killed with 1 or 2 shotgun shots, and you cant play as zombie jasons because they aint real.

5 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

I'm sorry but what? I wanted to say spoken like a true counselor main, but 1 has me legit confused if you threw in a random complaint about counselors in there... Unless you're actually suggesting objective parts should be invisible to Jason? Huh? You can mute Jason if you don't want him listening in to your chatter by the way, and I'm going to be nice and not even mention the stamina thing. It's amazing after all these years that counselor mains are still complaining that Jason's just too powerful. You'd think if Jason was so OP their be a lot more good ones, and 80% of them wouldn't be complete potato sacks against any group of counselors that half way know what they're doing. 

To me the MOST indirect NERF Jason has suffered WAS that addition of the objective items being shown on the map after they have been touched by a counselor. I think that was as bad as any DIRECT nerf they did to Jason possibly worse. There is NO excuse for not completing any objective after that was introduced really. That gave counselors TOO much of an advantage IMO. Before if someone had the keys or fuse in the middle of the woods and didn't call out to others over the walkie when they were about to die, it was difficult to find them. You don't even need a walkie now even if you don't use Discord. Most players know where the possible phone box spawns are on every map by now.Just Like I know where the Tommy tower is 85% of the time.

19 hours ago, MovieWatcher101 said:

Well the good news is you are incorrect about points 1 and 3.  Jason cannot see objective parts on his map and Jason cannot listen in on the walkie talkie (he CAN hear someone speaking if he is close to them but not the person on the other end of the walkie).  

And your 2nd point about a stam bar for Jason would tilt the gameplay in favour of the counselor to the point where the game would be unplayable.

There are dozens of things in the game that actually dont make any sense but in the name gameplay balance, they are required.  (ex - none of Roy's abilities make any sense but the only way to include him is to give him same powers as the other Jasons)

• Like 1

Today I ran into 2 anomalies again in the same match: 1. There was a pocket knife in the front room of Jason’s shack (it certainly was) but I could NOT pick it up. (I've experienced this before: the 'activity icon' didn't appear) 2. Two minutes later when I wanted to shoot with the shotgun I couldn’t lift it and couldn’t even pull the trigger. Of course Jason caught and killed me as I stood there in front of him like a fool and tried to fire the gun several times.

8 hours ago, kevnine said:

Today I ran into 2 anomalies again in the same match: 1. There was a pocket knife in the front room of Jason’s shack (it certainly was) but I could NOT pick it up. (I've experienced this before: the 'activity icon' didn't appear) 2. Two minutes later when I wanted to shoot with the shotgun I couldn’t lift it and couldn’t even pull the trigger. Of course Jason caught and killed me as I stood there in front of him like a fool and tried to fire the gun several times.

I'm not sure if this is the same issue, but I have had a couple of matches in recent months were I became completely interaction locked. I could move around fine, but I couldn't pick up items, couldn't open doors, couldn't open or go through windows... Basically I couldn't perform any action that required me to hit A on my Xbox controller as the lock appeared specific to that button. The other occasion I couldn't do anything at all. I don't know what causes it to happen but the interaction lock will occur. The only way I've found to fix it is to either let Jason grab you or slash you with his weapon... Not great options I know, but they worked and fixed the problem for me. I don't know what to say about the PK unless it happened during the timeframe you were interaction locked. (If that was even the case)

I have had this happen to me as Jason too where I either couldn't grab, swing my weapon, of even use my abilities until a counselor was kind enough to come up and give me a whack which usually fixes the problem. Taking a dip in the water seems to work too, but I haven't tried that with a counselor yet.

On 9/10/2021 at 6:09 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

To me the MOST indirect NERF Jason has suffered WAS that addition of the objective items being shown on the map after they have been touched by a counselor. I think that was as bad as any DIRECT nerf they did to Jason possibly worse. There is NO excuse for not completing any objective after that was introduced really. That gave counselors TOO much of an advantage IMO. Before if someone had the keys or fuse in the middle of the woods and didn't call out to others over the walkie when they were about to die, it was difficult to find them. You don't even need a walkie now even if you don't use Discord. Most players know where the possible phone box spawns are on every map by now.Just Like I know where the Tommy tower is 85% of the time.

Yeah it was. However, most lobbies aren't filled with a coordinated League style players.  It would get way out of hand and tiring dealing with it game after game, not to mention that Trolling hasn't yet devolved to the low standard we have now when that objective buff was implemented. 

I don't really mind the objective parts showing up on the map, but it's not much help if nobody bothers to pick them up in the first place and you find yourself the only repair counselor in a lobby of Vanessa's who aren't doing shit but running around with baseball bats.

Also, for whatever reason the lower-left shack location on Jarvis House has a spot inside where a trap can be placed. Not sure what that's about but don't bother trying to to use it as a sneaky way of warding off a Jason-kill, it's too far against the wall to be any use