HaHaTrumpWon

Have "Smurf accounts" changed your playstyle?

They have mine. Before everybody and their mother had a Smurf account, my little Jason-killing group would take note of everyone's level before the round began. If that rounds Jason was very low level, the kill wouldn't even be attempted and we'd just escape. 

On the other side, if I was Jason in a lobby full of lv 1-20's, normally I wouldn't even bother killing any of them unless it became necessary. Now in both cases, I've adopted a "Let's see" approach. If it's a lv 2 counselor running around like a veteran Vanessa, I'm killing him. If the Jason's info says he's an under lv 5 but he's animation cancelling everything, we're killing him.

I personally don't care. I'm just sparing lives if they say something funny on their mic lol.

2 hours ago, Carlso said:

I personally don't care. I'm just sparing lives if they say something funny on their mic lol.

I always just mute everyone, teammates included.

• Like 1

Not really... It's not that hard to sniff out a Smurf, and I usually ignore level now and see how Jason plays. I don't care what level he is, if he's aware enough to trap his shack or Tommy's Cabin, he's worth trying to kill. He might learn something from it. If he's warped sped to level 60 due to double XP and is still too stupid to trap the phone box, and let's a Bugzy call the cops on him after fucking up five times, he's not worth my time even bothering trying to kill.... Or maybe at that level he deserves it, I don't know anymore.

On the flip side, I don't worry about Smurfs much. I try not to underestimate any counselor to be perfectly honest. I try to avoid Noob lobbies in general, but if I do get stuck in one it just depends on my mood. If they're obnoxious I'm probably gona fuck with them a bit, and if they're actually trying I might take it easy on them... Maybe. I did have one match where I just decided fuck it, I was going to mess with everyone and then just let everyone escape.... Surprisingly, this was a lot harder to accomplish than it should've been. 

• Like 2

This is not a problem on PC everyone is lvl150 🤭

17 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Not really... It's not that hard to sniff out a Smurf, and I usually ignore level now and see how Jason plays. I don't care what level he is, if he's aware enough to trap his shack or Tommy's Cabin, he's worth trying to kill. He might learn something from it. If he's warped sped to level 60 due to double XP and is still too stupid to trap the phone box, and let's a Bugzy call the cops on him after fucking up five times, he's not worth my time even bothering trying to kill.... Or maybe at that level he deserves it, I don't know anymore.

On the flip side, I don't worry about Smurfs much. I try not to underestimate any counselor to be perfectly honest. I try to avoid Noob lobbies in general, but if I do get stuck in one it just depends on my mood. If they're obnoxious I'm probably gona fuck with them a bit, and if they're actually trying I might take it easy on them... Maybe. I did have one match where I just decided fuck it, I was going to mess with everyone and then just let everyone escape.... Surprisingly, this was a lot harder to accomplish than it should've been. 

Funny how that works, huh? Sometimes it's much easier to kill someone than it is to just troll them a bit.

Just remembered something. There was a lvl 1 in the lobby that insisted it was his first match blablabla. I was picked as Jason. I put the trap on the phone, when I was from a far distance grabbing a knife the guy went straigth into the trap and disamerd it. I thought like "maybe he's just confused cuz he's a beginner" and morphed away. The MF called the police. He disarmed a trap right under my nose with a PK and fixed the yellow car. I was about to kill the last counselor aside form him when I heard the engine of the car. He bamboozled me with the car for the remaining 5 min, with no intentions of getting out. Then he quitted the lobby. Odd experience, happened to me just this once.

On 7/16/2021 at 8:56 PM, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Yep.  Movement and spacing separates players, so if a player has a good sense of it, I'm going to be aware of it regardless of Level.  Of course if he uses, "Advanced Tech" :P, then that's an instant tell.  If there is one thing that might matter, lower the level means less likely to have Meta Perks, so no Medic and Especially NO THICKSKINNED!   Easier to plan around 2 hit cripple than 3, more opportunities to get him quicker.

3 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

If there is one thing that might matter, lower the level means less likely to have Meta Perks, so no Medic and Especially NO THICKSKINNED!   Easier to plan around 2 hit cripple than 3, more opportunities to get him quicker.

Agreed but for two of the Meta Perks, NoS and Medic, it doesn't really matter what level of perk they are.  The main thing is you don't lose mini map and you get an extra health spray which you get with even a "poor" perk level.   The extra healing and fear resistance are nice to have but aren't required for the perk to be Meta.

Like a lot of other people, I don't usually bother looking at people's level.  I'll know soon enough if they are any good.

I play to enjoy myself, smurf or no smurf.

• Like 3

On 7/19/2021 at 2:46 AM, GeneiJin said:

If there is one thing that might matter, lower the level means less likely to have Meta Perks, so no Medic and Especially NO THICKSKINNED!

I won't play a Smurf account unless it has medic and thick skin. They're not that hard to get. Play challenges, roll some perks, and you're usually good to go. If not, dump the account and start over.

On 7/20/2021 at 10:01 AM, Somethin Cool said:

I won't play a Smurf account unless it has medic and thick skin. They're not that hard to get. Play challenges, roll some perks, and you're usually good to go. If not, dump the account and start over.

Meh, TS is obviously important with a league caliber Jason, not so much with a pub Jason.  I guess maybe if you feel like pestering him for the whole 20 mins, but I really don't think there is much to worry about so long as the HP is capped out.

Took me about 3 months to get an useful TS, but maybe a week on an smurf account that I used to anonymity crash into lobbies with players I know :P.  It helps now with Fixed CP boost, but still it was frustrating to finally get my first one and I hate being in 'Perk'atory.  Still never bothered to replacing my epics with legendarys. 

The main reason why I start a smurf account is because it forces me to use Perks I don't normally use and in turn make the game a bit more challenging.  Pub lobbies don't present much of a challenge so its fun to start over and use perks that you normally don't bother with. 

20 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

I guess maybe if you feel like pestering him for the whole 20 mins,

This is the only reason I play pubs

🤷‍♀️

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

not at all. they are all going to die.

except when im in a good mood and perform the final girl rule. ie, the last female character alive gets to escape.

unless the user is an asshole who is not even trying. then she dies.