I remember when it came out. I was immediately addicted to it. Played for hours and hours, bought all the packs. Finished the virtual cabin. Reached 150. Spent a bunch of time on the forums. I loved the community. And then it all ends like that. Now don’t get me wrong I know Gun Media had no control… but why do people have to take good things away? Why would Victor Miller choose to take legal action instead of being proud that his idea was made into a video game even after all these years later. I’m sure they could have reached an agreement so that he gets a share. I just don’t get it. But I also haven’t read much into it. I still play from time to time but it will never feel the same again. God I had so much excitement for this game. I was so excited to play Jason X on the grendal map, the new packs, I was just excited for everything they had planned and now we will never get to experience it:( but it is what it is. Hopefully Gun can create a game that brings just as much fun and joy to me as f13 The Game did🖤

• Like 2

On 7/11/2021 at 3:56 AM, PrestonDelRey said:

I remember when it came out. I was immediately addicted to it. Played for hours and hours, bought all the packs. Finished the virtual cabin. Reached 150. Spent a bunch of time on the forums. I loved the community. And then it all ends like that. Now don’t get me wrong I know Gun Media had no control… but why do people have to take good things away? Why would Victor Miller choose to take legal action instead of being proud that his idea was made into a video game even after all these years later. I’m sure they could have reached an agreement so that he gets a share. I just don’t get it. But I also haven’t read much into it. I still play from time to time but it will never feel the same again. God I had so much excitement for this game. I was so excited to play Jason X on the grendal map, the new packs, I was just excited for everything they had planned and now we will never get to experience it:( but it is what it is. Hopefully Gun can create a game that brings just as much fun and joy to me as f13 The Game did🖤

That's the unfortunate nature of games as a "Service" model.  Not only can they just die and can not longer be played, but even game still supported can be patched for the worse with no way for those who prefer previous builds to go back too.  I prefer the older model too, especially for fighting games as DLC in general go on far too long and predatory.  Feel like video games peeked sometime between the PS2 - PS3 Generation, then industry got taken over by lootboxes :sadchappa:

@GeneiJin IDK why people hate so much on lootboxes. Like most of the time they just give you cosmetics, and when they don't it is usually a free to play game. If a paid game has cool characters like Darth Vader only available via lootboxes, well, don't buy that kind of game. Not too big of a problem in my opinion.

But I agree that PS2 was the best era for video games. 2004-2009.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2021 at 10:51 AM, Carlso said:

@GeneiJin IDK why people hate so much on lootboxes. Like most of the time they just give you cosmetics, and when they don't it is usually a free to play game. If a paid game has cool characters like Darth Vader only available via lootboxes, well, don't buy that kind of game. Not too big of a problem in my opinion.

You must've not played Mortal Kombat 11.

On 7/12/2021 at 10:51 AM, Carlso said:

But I agree that PS2 was the best era for video games. 2004-2009.

Late Reply :P , I guess I don't like lootboxs are that it incentives devs to remove content that had been included in the full game.  PS2 games were CONTENT RICH, comparatively to now.  With "Games as a Service" model, it's very easily can be abused, and attracts our urge to "Complete" something. 

Sad to see this game as dead as it is, at least on PC, but anyone got perspective on what's going on in WoW right now?   I hear BLZz abruptly end it's future support.   What you WoW guys have to say of the matter?

On 8/3/2021 at 5:45 AM, GeneiJin said:

Late Reply :P , I guess I don't like lootboxs are that it incentives devs to remove content that had been included in the full game.  PS2 games were CONTENT RICH, comparatively to now.  With "Games as a Service" model, it's very easily can be abused, and attracts our urge to "Complete" something. 

Sad to see this game as dead as it is, at least on PC, but anyone got perspective on what's going on in WoW right now?   I hear BLZz abruptly end it's future support.   What you WoW guys have to say of the matter?

Here's a link concerning Blizzard and its current events:

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/world-of-warcraft-changes-coming-in-wake-of-lawsuit

I agree about the content rich days of old. I still think from time to time what else we could have had in F13 had it not been for the lawsuit.

• Like 4

On 7/12/2021 at 12:51 PM, Carlso said:

@GeneiJin IDK why people hate so much on lootboxes.

Because this ^^^

Just logged in for the first time in months and seeing if I'm able to post after being locked for called Illfonic "incompetent".

Good to see this crazy place is still active(somewhat).