Sign in to follow this  
Carlso

How is Jason killing right now?

I haven't been interested in killing Jason for many years. Last time I joined a serious Killing squad was in early 2018. The last time I killed Jason was in the beggining of 2020 when a crew of kids (9-13 years old prob) almost cried for my help; I found it cute then I helped.

The last time they tried to kill me, it was a group of 2 Nessas and another counselor that I don't remember (prob Adam or Bugzy).

When I noticed they were trying to kill me, I pressed block so they could hit me and feed revenge, they got into combat stance, and then akward silence and staring for like 5 seconds.

Then I morphed away, killed more 2 or 3, and there they were again. Same thing happened, except 1 Nessa could score a hit before I could morph.

Then I killed all of the solo potato counselors, revenge popped in, and I slashed them to death.

That should be the most sweaty/boring attempt of killing Jason I've ever seen.

As I moved out from the Jason killing business, I am unaware what really changed after the grab/revenge changes.

Is that what killing Jaosn currently looks like? If so, why would people waste their time doing something so tedious.

What would Jason do if while he's blocking the 7 counselors surround him in combat stance? Do they just stare at each other until the 20min mark?

That got me thinking lol.

I don't play anymore, but when I did (up until Nov2K20) it was my go to means of "escape" when I play solo.  It's not to say that I get it every game, but it's something I put on the table while others are working on the cars or picking their butts (likely the latter).  Things don't always go your way, but that's just like anything else in the game, but I prefer to be in Jason's face as much as I can as a playstyle.

It depends on whether or not you're in a well coordinated group or if you're running by yourself. A good kill squad will still always have the advantage over all but the best Jason's, but if playing by your lonesome, killing Jason can be an adventure. The Mask Buff helped some but I think the benefit went more to Jason's who were already good, and doesn't do much to help your average Jason when up against an experienced squad. Though I'd be lying if I said I didn't a see a few mid-tier Jason's escape the axe directly because of the mask buff. It kind of depends if any significant mask damage has been done before Tommy and Sweater girl engage. I've had matches where I've broken an axe (4 swings), and a machete (6) with a shotgun blast somewhere between and that damn thing still wouldn't come off of Jason's face. Quite frankly, I love it when it works out like that. Jason should have always been that difficult to kill, where one fuck up by Tommy or Sweater Girl could ruin the entire thing.

My friends don't play anymore, so I'm usually going solo when I do play now. I still go for the kill whenever I can, because it's simply what's most fun for me. The hardest part most of the time is just finding another counselor or two willing to participate, which is also why I never force it if the kill isn't there. Average players don't seem to want to bother, and others don't seem willing to participate unless players they know and trust are in control of Tommy/Sweater girl, and I don't really blame them for it. You're putting your self at much more risk, especially considering the endless swarms of slash happy P3's coming your way. As Jason, I can only recall two occasions when my mask came off in situations that actually mattered (when the kill was still on the table), since the mask buff that is. P5 still seems susceptible to the occasional 4-6 hit demask, but other than that, just don't kill the wrong counselor early on and pay attention to which counselors are coming at you with which weapon. Two person kill squads hardly make be break a sweat anymore, especially if sweater girl isn't armed with a bladed weapon. One Tommy with an axe and SG with a shotgun isn't usually enough to take down Jason anymore. Unless somebody else has handed you your ass earlier in the match you should be fine.

I don't think the Rage Buff ever figured in to killing Jason much. You could actually argue that rage makes killing Jason somewhat easier for an experienced squad. And no, Killing Jason is nothing like you described above. 😂 Probably smart of them not to risk breaking their weapons on you in block, but I don't see a lot of combat stancing since the switch to P2P. 

3 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I've had matches where I've broken an axe (4 swings), and a machete (6) with a shotgun blast somewhere between and that damn thing still wouldn't come off of Jason's face.

It mostly depends on the strength. 

I posted here in the forums a match where I was Shelly. I was not even trying and the mask just got off. I think it was 2 hits by me, 1 hit by a Bugzy, and 1 shotgun shot by me. It was a part 6 if I'm not mistaken.

If I could do it by literally trolling around, then a crew full of high strength counselores should remove that in a sec.

2 hours ago, Carlso said:

It mostly depends on the strength. 

I posted here in the forums a match where I was Shelly. I was not even trying and the mask just got off. I think it was 2 hits by me, 1 hit by a Bugzy, and 1 shotgun shot by me. It was a part 6 if I'm not mistaken.

If I could do it by literally trolling around, then a crew full of high strength counselores should remove that in a sec.

Yeah, I started using Bugzy on occasion for that reason, but I don't really like using him. If I don't wind up being one of the first two killed, I can't get the sweater or fix anything, so I feel like I'm running around useless for the rest of the match. It doesn't help that I rarely see much difference in the ease of getting the mask off. One of those instances, I was Bugszy and then Tommy, and still had to beat the shit out of J to get that mask off, so I tend to stick with Vanessa when I'm Jason Hunting. I'm not complaining at all, I don't mind that it's a bit harder to get the mask off sometimes. Makes the kill more satisfying when I feel I've had to actually work for it... And more frustrating when he no sells the axe after all that work.

13 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

...so I tend to stick with Vanessa when I'm Jason Hunting.

Nessa pound for pound is the best for Jason killing.  Best Sweater and very good demasker.  Her Strength is enough to do good damage, and luck makes it likely to demask with the same Machete or Axe.  

13 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I'm not complaining at all, I don't mind that it's a bit harder to get the mask off sometimes. Makes the kill more satisfying when I feel I've had to actually work for it...

If you wanna swag on Jason, demask with Jenny.  😎

@I'm Not a Goalie You should try to use Shelly. I've been using him on the next 2 weeks. He can demask, he has good stealth so you prob won't be smoung the first dead counselors, and you can repair flawlesly if you get used to the mini game.

His composure is not enough to compensate his poor speed and stamina, but if you are able to survive with Lachappa it is 100% possible to survive quite a few with that guy.

I think he's in my top 3 counselors now. Everytime I want to troll/demask but also be somewhat useful I use him.

@GeneiJin Most of the times I saved my ass from getting killed were because Nessas didn't deal enough damage to demask and just fed my revenge so I could slash Tommy to death.

I've come to believe that the Rage buff can seriously down your chances of getting the kill if the counselors decide to go full pinata party. If you beat Jason into Rage three minutes into the round, you're going to have a serious problem if he manages to cripple Tommy or SG. If you're on the way to the shack and either of them are hit with a Stalk-Shift-Slash and begin limping, your Jason-kill is over unless someone has a shotgun (especially if it's a pt 3 or 4). The easiest way to avoid this is by giving a couple of high-strength counselors machetes and then completely ceasing to attack Jason once the mask is off. Do this and he'll be dead before he ever gets to Rage.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Nessa pound for pound is the best for Jason killing.  Best Sweater and very good demasker.  Her Strength is enough to do good damage, and luck makes it likely to demask with the same Machete or Axe.  

Yeah, and you can fix stuff with her too if things go south, if you know how to handle her repair at least. I've always said her decent luck stat helps balance out some of her weaknesses like her low strength and repair. I know six swings of a machete from Vanessa isn't as good as three from Bugszy, but I like knowing I'm going to get at least four swings out of that axe before it breaks. It is true I can't beat a machete over Jason's face and be 3/4's of the way to demasking him anymore, you need some help now, but like I said I have no problem with it taking more work. Killing Jason should always have been an endurance test that fails way more often than it does.

@I'm Not a Goalie You should try to use Shelly. I've been using him on the next 2 weeks. He can demask, he has good stealth so you prob won't be smoung the first dead counselors, and you can repair flawlesly if you get used to the mini game.

His composure is not enough to compensate his poor speed and stamina, but if you are able to survive with Lachappa it is 100% possible to survive quite a few with that guy.

I think he's in my top 3 counselors now. Everytime I want to troll/demask but also be somewhat useful I use him.

I actually have, and he's not that bad. He doesn't quite fit my personal play style, so I don't use him often unless it's random counselor night, but I found him fairly effective especially as a support character when I'm in a group.

@GeneiJin Most of the times I saved my ass from getting killed were because Nessas didn't deal enough damage to demask and just fed my revenge so I could slash Tommy to death.

This is true now, but before the mask buff, Tommy and a Vanessa as sweater girl armed with an axe or a machete was usually all you needed. This usually isn't enough anymore though without getting some help from somewhere else, especially if Jason hasn't taken much mask damage yet. One of the biggest mistakes I see two person squads make is sweater girl will almost always have a shotgun while Tommy's armed with an axe, which by itself isn't usually enough to demask Jason anymore without breaking. It should really be tommy with a machete and Sweater Girl keeping the axe warm and only using it when necessary but... That's just me I guess. If you ever see two Vanessa's coming at you with machetes be wary. If they manage to sandwich you in and know what they're doing, you'd be surprised how many hits they can land on you, and that mask damage adds up. It's arguably the most effective way to demask Jason now, unless you have a squad or lobby full of Fox's and Bugsy's  willing to actually fight him.

6 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Yeah, and you can fix stuff with her too if things go south, if you know how to handle her repair at least. I've always said her decent luck stat helps balance out some of her weaknesses like her low strength and repair. I know six swings of a machete from Vanessa isn't as good as three from Bugszy, but I like knowing I'm going to get at least four swings out of that axe before it breaks. It is true I can't beat a machete over Jason's face and be 3/4's of the way to demasking him anymore, you need some help now, but like I said I have no problem with it taking more work. Killing Jason should always have been an endurance test that fails way more often than it does.

While the mask change did lower counselor's strength across the board, hits that stun now does full damage, when previously did not.  Also the first 2 hits (which is anything including firecracker and PKs) are protected from demasked.   It's worth a reminder that Heavy Swings do double damage.  Which then mean if you stun Jason, you get a Heavy Swing setup on a recovering Jason if your timing is good.  It's not unusual to demask Jason with Vanessa off of only 2 Stuns (total 4 hits).  One more thing I will add is after Jason's HP is depleted, there is a demask RNG determine whether that hit will demask.  Its definitely a thing as I've witness Tommy waste TWO FULL AXES without demasking Jason, so it can be a bummer.  There % chance of the demask is established on the average damage-per-hit, so Damaging Jason with Tommy or Buggzy will score the best chance of demask after Jason's is passed his HP threshold.

• Like 1

the jasons have found a way to make you lag out enough to kill you with out you even fighting back or being able to do anything i was once in a match after this latest patch where the jason didnt break the door down he unlocked it from the outside i know he did cuz i saw him doin it

but the most important thing the developers can do giht now is completely remove vanesa from the game