Sign in to follow this  
Carlso

Counselors that make me feel threatened tier list

Every tier list I've seen is based on which counselor the player feels more power/confortable whan playing as.

I thought of making this in the other way around, saying which counselor I feel are the most threatening when I'm Jason.

This is 75% opinion.

I'm considering the counselors will be encountered in a random pub lobby, so they will be based on the average player and not a 10000k hours comp _xXsN1pErXx_ player. Theoretically every counselor can be a beast when used by 5k hours players.

14-Chad

He can't repair, can't unmask, can barely distract Jason, can be seen from the other side of the map cuz of the low composure. I think Chad is the most patethic counselor and I usually don't take much time to kill them, even if they are decent.

13-Tiffany Cox

She's very good at surviving the night, and that's it. In everything else she's outclassed by Vanessa. 1 counselor survives the night if she's good... whatever.

12-Victoria

She can't do much. I don't think she's bad, I just don't see her 4 speed and 3 repair as a threat.

11-Jenny Myers

Don't get me wrong, no fear Jenny is good on the hands of good player. However, she'll effectively only have 1 perk and a 3 speed to juke me. And her repair is kinda bad.

10-Lachappa

It is really scary how Lachappa can do objectives under your nose. However, most player don't know how to compensate for his low speed, composure and stamina, which makes him a guaranteed kill if I find him.

9-Deborah Kim

Pretty much just like Lachappa, if I find her she's dead. However, she can take the sweater so I put her higher.

8-Shelly

Shelly can repair, can do stuff under your nose and can help demasking you if it is needed. In my opinion he's can do a bunch of stuff, although he's relatively easy to kill.

7-Mitch

He can do stuff under your nose and he is one of the only fixers that can effectively juke Jason. His high composure extends the chase for at least 1 min. 

6-Kenny

He's ability to adapt decently to any task cannot be underestimated.

5-Vanessa

90% of vanessas just run around like headless chickens until they die. All you need to do is to focous on the fixer and these Vanessas will die right next. However, there are those Vanessas that are absolute pests, stepping on your traps for nothing, stunning and distracting you, picking the sweater. Just because the Vanessa player in the lobby might be this type, I already feel threatened.

4-AJ Mason

I can't find that b*tch. It is really annoying to deal with that, and it allows her to freely do almost anything she wants.

3-Buggzy

There's nothing more terrfying than seeing an army of Buggzys marching in your direction. This alongside  hering "THEY COM FOR ME DON'T LET THEM TAKE MOMMY". If you try to morph your mask gets pooped in 3 seconds. Seeing 4 Buggzys with similar names on the lobby makes me wish to not be Jason.

2-Adam

He's an absolute beast when used right. He can juke, demask and repair. In my opinion he was the most terrifying counselor to be used by an experienced player, until...

1-Fox

She's a version of Adam that can take the sweater. It makes her to the 1rst with no doubts.

Remembering that there are playstyles that can make a Chad the most threatening counselor, this is just an average of my perception of pub lobbies.

With the way you described Tiffany's placing, you would think she would be ranked higher lmfao.

Lol, you'd probably hate me when I play Vanessa. I've gotten really good with her repair over the years that I can actually fix shit with her. Then again, when I play her it's never been for the same reasons most people chose her. I kind of play her and LaChappa backwards oddly enough. 

Honestly, there's no one particular counselor that threatens me anymore, and by the same effect, I don't underestimate any one counselor either. It's individual players I know are good and certain situations that make me nervous... Like when I see I 150 Deborah, I'm praying she doesn't spawn at the house with the fuse and a pocket knife leading to the cops getting called before Stalk even activates. Our you end up morphing to the 4-seater last on a small map just to find out it's already been fixed in barely two minutes because the wrong counselors spawned in exactly the wrong places from Jason's perspective anyway. Or as you mentioned above, someone has your sweater and you see a Bugsy or two marching your way with Machetes. 

The one character type I'm remotely threatened by/enjoy going up against, are Vanessa's who can mutlitask. You're not wrong, the vast majority are either do nothings, or trolls who only want to run around as long as they can exploiting her speed and stamina. There's nothing worse though when they can also sneak in behind your back and fix shit, or play smart instead focusing on the easily exploitable troll shit most of them like to do. That goes for really any character in a similar class. 

Where are the tiers for this "Tier Thread" ? 🤔

If I were to look at the list of characters and rank them as I would "expect" the user to play, given their choice of character then I'd probably rank them as follows:

LOL Tier

Kenny:  When I see a Kenny I figure its probably someone newer to the game and thinks that his 5 in everything makes him a solid, balanced character.  It doesn't. It just means he sucks equally at pretty much everything.

Victoria:  When I see someone playing as Victoria I figure they probably just unlocked her and don't realize how useless she is.

Whatever Tier

Tiffany, Jenny, Deborah, Mitch, Shelly and Bugzy: Tbh I don't think much of these characters when I see them in the lobby.  They don't seem to have any "trend" in how they are used so it's just... whatever.  That doesn't mean they aren't some of the best characters to play as.

Possible Embarrassment Tier

Vanessa: A very hit or miss character.  If in the right hands she can be an absolute biatch and make you want to rage quit if they are more skilled as Vanessa than you are as Jason.  But in the wrong hands she will run around looting every drawer and leaving every cabin door wide open.  So while she may be a hard to catch, she will most likely make catching everyone else that much easier.

Chad:  Yes, you will most likely be able to catch and kill him.  But yes, he is going to dance and tea bag and will still make you look like a fool before you do catch him.  He won't care that he died so long as he got to teabag you at least once.

Adam:  He isn't as popular a choice for those who want to troll but I do find that high level trollers seem to gravitate towards Adam (especially Brits for some reason).  Its kind of like Trolls eventually graduate from Chad to Adam once they acquire the skills to escape or kill Jason but want to troll Jason along the way.

"You Alone Must Die" Tier (special thanks to Bloodhound Gang)

Fox, AJ and LaChappa: I find these 3 characters are the most likely to be used in the right way (ie - actually try and fucking escape or kill Jason).  Therefore they are the ones that would worry me the most seeing them in the lobby.  (that is if your main concern is killing 7/7.  If your main concern is not getting embarrassed or trolled then you may flip these last 2 tiers)

Bunny Deborah.  I often choose to take out a Vanessa and underestimate Deborah w/ a PK around the Phone. :(   

vanessa can easily be a top 3 counselor if you have good focus when it comes to skill checks but i always tell people fox and adam are the best counselors since they can do it all 

35 minutes ago, slashmedaddy said:

vanessa can easily be a top 3 counselor if you have good focus when it comes to skill checks but i always tell people fox and adam are the best counselors since they can do it all 

I think that Fox and Adam are good all arounders, great for in-experienced and causal players.  They are still good high level too, but really on teams.  Solo, especially Fox, is easily runned down by Part 3 if isolated.   Adam is slightly better than Fox, but she can use the sweater, however what you get with Vanessa overall has more value than better repair.

7 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

Solo

Exactly, both of them are kinda bad in solo.

However, their mear presence can mean a strong group is in the area, and what makes them os high on my ranking. My worst Jason matches had either a Adam or Fox involved. I forgot to mention that.

29 minutes ago, Carlso said:

Exactly, both of them are kinda bad in solo.

However, their mear presence can mean a strong group is in the area, and what makes them os high on my ranking. My worst Jason matches had either a Adam or Fox involved. I forgot to mention that.

This is kind of true for any character though. The most dangerous entity you can face in this game isn't any individual counselor, but a well composed coordinated team of counselors that know what the fuck they're doing. The number of counselors who can dictate a match by themselves are few and far between, and even then circumstances have to fall into place almost perfectly to make it happen. I don't care how good an individual Vanessa, Chad, Tiffany or whoever is at running Jason around. You can run him around for half the match, but if everybody else in the lobby is dead that doesn't make you threat... It makes you a nuisance, and there lies the difference. Same thing for repair counselors who fix the car or boat and then escape by themselves. A counselor only playing for themselves is rarely much of a threat, except those rare instances when their actions are coincidental beneficial to the rest of the lobby. I'm not trying to shit on lone wolf players either, that's just how I feel when I'm playing Jason. The real threats are the counselors who can do all this shit and take half the lobby with them.

• Like 1

On 6/29/2021 at 9:54 AM, Carlso said:

9-Deborah Kim

Pretty much just like Lachappa, if I find her she's dead. However, she can take the sweater so I put her higher.

Yeah... keep telling yourself that.