Strigoi

Strange and funny ideas for Gun media's next game.

Im Assuming Gun media's next game may be Halloween.

Here is some ideas that ive had for Dlc maps and extras.

Why does everyone think that having celebrity icons in a video game is stupid,Call of Duty put 80's cons like Rambo in there game so did Mortal Kombat.

My idea's for Gun media's next game assuming its Halloween.

Sweating in to the 80s Dlc pack with an unlockable Richard Simmons, with charachters that look simmilar to the sweating in to the oldies vhs aerobics dancers fat women with spotted t shirts etc.

Dance and Aerobic manuevers from sweating in to the oldies Richard Simmons vhs work out videos as dance emotes.

80's charachter Celebrity Unlockables charachters Like Pee Wee Herman and others 80's charachters.

420 Stoner Dlc pack with Celebrity unlockable Charachters like Cheech and Chong and when the charachters go idle they roll a joint and smoke it and pass it to other charachters that have gone idle.

Dave Matthews folk singer as an unlockable charachter in the Stoner Dlc pack.

Heavy Metal Celebrity Dlc unlockable charachters pack. With charachters like Nikkis Sixx Shout at The Devil era,Ozzy Osbourne Diary of a Madman era charachter,All members of Kiss,Alice Cooper,Rob Zombie.All these rockstars as unlockable playable charachters.

Samhain night Dlc with Black Hooded Druids doing rituals with Jack o lanterns and bonfires in cornfeilds.

Occult books with Strange stories of The Lord Of The Dead Samhain.

DONT MAKE FUN OF MY POST. AS IM BEING SERIOUS HERE.

Whats the creepiest,weird,or silly charachters youd like to see in Gunmedia's next game.

@mattshotcha is it possible to Have Celebrity Unlockables and charachters in any Gunmedia's future games.

How much would it cost for me to be a playable charachter in Gunmedia's next game.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I think they are the ones who would pay you well for you to disappear 😆

1 hour ago, Mayday said:

I think they are the ones who would pay you well for you to disappear 😆

Why are my ideas not as important as anyone else's ideas here.

These ideas would be asking for an enormous amount. People in theatre, music and acting aren't easy to get into games and it would be a ton of work for each and every individual to be modelled, recorded and be given their character's personality. You may see some characters appearing as guests like Rambo in Call of Duty, but it's not like there's an entire action movie heroes pack. Licensing for characters extends beyond the people who portray them.

I'm really not sure what most of your ideas have to do with what the Halloween film franchise is about. You're also talking DLC for a game that currently doesn't exist and as far as I'm aware, there's been no indication that the next game Gun is doing is Halloween. It's like you've skipped ahead a bunch of chapters straight to the end and not put much thought into the beginning.

@Strigoi The more image rights we get into the game, the more chances it has to be f**** by a lawsuit like F13 the game.

8 hours ago, Kodiak said:

These ideas would be asking for an enormous amount. People in theatre, music and acting aren't easy to get into games and it would be a ton of work for each and every individual to be modelled, recorded and be given their character's personality. You may see some characters appearing as guests like Rambo in Call of Duty, but it's not like there's an entire action movie heroes pack. Licensing for characters extends beyond the people who portray them.

I'm really not sure what most of your ideas have to do with what the Halloween film franchise is about. You're also talking DLC for a game that currently doesn't exist and as far as I'm aware, there's been no indication that the next game Gun is doing is Halloween. It's like you've skipped ahead a bunch of chapters straight to the end and not put much thought into the beginning.

Well i didnt think that i specified a certain titled game that i was asking about.

I Was just asking if its possible for Gun media to get some celebrity musicians and actors like Paul Ruebens and Richard Simmons into one of Gun media's future games.

But i do see what you are saying, that it would cost lots of money to get the celebrities that i mentioned into a video game.

Cheech And Chong would be awesome to have as playable charachters.

Anyone else got any ideas of goofy or cool charachters that could be put into one of Gun media's future video games.

have ya ever played retro city rampage? this is basicly what you are discribing. its got knock off 80s movie characters & what not. its like one of the early top veiw GTA games.. i had it on wii.

speaking of halloween games.. i want a side scrolling beat em up/shooter where ya play as doctor loomis. you fight a cast of horror classics, kinda like castlevania, with michael being the final boss. i just wanna play as doctor loomis in a ridicuals game. thatd be sweeet.

im still waiting on my playable @Strigoi DLC, gun media.. whats the hold up?

DONT MAKE FUN OF MY POST EITHER!

as much as i like halloween, id rather have a nightmare on elm street game, in the style of silent hill. not multiplayer, but just a single player story game. the game would trick you where ya wouldnt always know if you were awake of asleep. one of the side quests would be to find all of freddy's bones, like in the nes game. so many things you could do with nightmare on elm street, since the dream world would be involved..

what about the evil dead game? im excited about that beauty..

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

what about the evil dead game? im excited about that beauty..

It's looking great! If we could just get a release date...

I'm too lazy to look up the GIF, so just pretend I inserted the Futurama 'Shut Up and Take My Money' meme below.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

It's looking great! If we could just get a release date...

I'm too lazy to look up the GIF, so just pretend I inserted the Futurama 'Shut Up and Take My Money' meme below.

ok, i pretended it in there.

i'll be coughing up the $60 or whatever for sure. evil dead is my jam. looking forward to playing as scotty. she's YOUR girlfriend, you take care of her! 

• Like 1

I Wish celebrity charachters could be in Gun media's next game.

I get what you're going for with this. It's definitely a fun idea. The title needs to be the right fit though. 

At Gun, we take a lot of pride in authenticity and recreating film environments and characters down to the smallest details. It is kind of the polar opposite of having characters that are out of place in the environment, for example, like Pinhead at Crystal Lake. So for a traditional Gun game, I don't see that level of DLC coming to any of our titles, save for if Gun were to make something that is based off the greater horror universe and not one property.

All that being said, for the sake of having a fun chat with my statements here having no implication in anything Gun is working on, I always loved that little Xbox Arcade game Gotham City Impostors. Man, would it be cool to see a Horror themed version of that. Deathmatch between horror icons from a wide variety of films. But also, as Kodiak mentioned, that's no small feat as far as licensing, even if you are making a slightly more cartoon inspired character.

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

I get what you're going for with this. It's definitely a fun idea. The title needs to be the right fit though. 

At Gun, we take a lot of pride in authenticity and recreating film environments and characters down to the smallest details. It is kind of the polar opposite of having characters that are out of place in the environment, for example, like Pinhead at Crystal Lake. So for a traditional Gun game, I don't see that level of DLC coming to any of our titles, save for if Gun were to make something that is based off the greater horror universe and not one property.

All that being said, for the sake of having a fun chat with my statements here having no implication in anything Gun is working on, I always loved that little Xbox Arcade game Gotham City Impostors. Man, would it be cool to see a Horror themed version of that. Deathmatch between horror icons from a wide variety of films. But also, as Kodiak mentioned, that's no small feat as far as licensing, even if you are making a slightly more cartoon inspired character.

What about opening gun media's next game to mods or a creation club type of online extra items for purchase.

3 hours ago, Strigoi said:

What about opening gun media's next game to mods or a creation club type of online extra items for purchase.

Chances are it's too much effort to put in for that extra feature. Remember that F13 the Game was crowdfunded; there were a lot of things they wanted but just couldn't afford to put in.

2 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Chances are it's too much effort to put in for that extra feature. Remember that F13 the Game was crowdfunded; there were a lot of things they wanted but just couldn't afford to put in.

How do you know anything about Gun media's budget or funding restrictions.

Too much effort and work for Gun media to add extra purchasable items in an online store.

It would be very interesting to see you explain how you have so much company insight into Gun media's budget and design limitations.

If Gun's next game is based on a licensed franchise with a limited licensing agreement, there will be things they're allowed to do and things they're not allowed to do. Most games based on licensed franchises I've seen aren't open to mods.

Take Star Wars: Battlefront II for example. That game doesn't support mods and if you read the EULA, you'll probably find something in there similar to what's in Gun's EULA regarding mods. These restrictions are in place to prevent various things from happening, like I don't think LucasArts (basically Disney now) would be too happy to see Darth Vader in a bright neon armor set with a foam sword instead of a lightsaber. The creators of Friday the 13th wouldn't be happy if someone modded F13: The Game to have Jason murdering kids instead of counsellors. The restrictions on modding are in place to maintain a strict image and vision for these games.

For a cosmetic shop, that's something that's potentially more likely. Bear in mind though that only certain things are actually allowed to be created with the limited license that game developers are granted and they have to be true to what they're based on. If you're referring to something where players can upload their creations, that's very unlikely as it won't be supported.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kodiak said:

If Gun's next game is based on a licensed franchise with a limited licensing agreement, there will be things they're allowed to do and things they're not allowed to do. Most games based on licensed franchises I've seen aren't open to mods.

Take Star Wars: Battlefront II for example. That game doesn't support mods and if you read the EULA, you'll probably find something in there similar to what's in Gun's EULA regarding mods. These restrictions are in place to prevent various things from happening, like I don't think LucasArts (basically Disney now) would be too happy to see Darth Vader in a bright neon armor set with a foam sword instead of a lightsaber. The creators of Friday the 13th wouldn't be happy if someone modded F13: The Game to have Jason murdering kids instead of counsellors. The restrictions on modding are in place to maintain a strict image and vision for these games.

For a cosmetic shop, that's something that's potentially more likely. Bear in mind though that only certain things are actually allowed to be created with the limited license that game developers are granted and they have to be true to what they're based on.

I Understand what you are saying here.

Licensed games cant have things that dont belong and are not in the original licensed stories,comics or movies.

Im interested in understanding what a cosmetic shop is and how it could be used to purchase extra items for the base game.

On 7/6/2021 at 5:34 PM, Strigoi said:

How do you know anything about Gun media's budget or funding restrictions.

Too much effort and work for Gun media to add extra purchasable items in an online store.

It would be very interesting to see you explain how you have so much company insight into Gun media's budget and design limitations.

I'm simply taking an educated guess. That's why I said "chances are". Nothing I said is set in stone.