Sign in to follow this  
tyrant666

Prom Night?...Wes Talks About Unreleased Content

So this comes straight from Wes recently about content that was planned but eventually dropped due to the lawsuit.

https://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sro3ei

In there, he talks about the Slumber Pack and Paranoia. Both of which we've heard of and even seen at one time or another through leaks or hacks, etc.

The one not mentioned to this point was the 'Prom' pack. Where the Counselors would've gotten dresses and tuxedos and a Crystal Lake Themed Prom map complete with props and a dance floor, etc.

Any thoughts?

From what I've seen, the response to this revelation is mostly positive, but I think I'd be one of the ones with the unpopular opinion that the 'Prom' idea was yet another idea that was not at all aligned with the license. For example,  before launch and all throughout Alpha and Beta, they treated the IP like a serious property. However post launch, it could be argued that things like dance emotes, the Halloween pack were all things that strayed far away from the IP to make the game less serious and more of a lazy fan fic than anything else.

I mean, did they forget the game they were involved with was F13? What does Halloween and Prom have to do with that? What would've happened if the license were Halloween instead? Dress the babysitters in naughty Xmas clothing and dress Myers in a bunny costume? Hate to say it, but I'm ok with Prom Night not making it into the final game. I'd be super pissed if the game were still in that fluidal state it was in the majority of its content lifecycle if the game itself was still a buggy mess. Sure, their best effort was the content, but if the game continued to be a mess. The kind of content that was being dropped would've been targeted eventually.

I get what you're saying, but it feels a little nitpicky. There's a lot of things you can criticize Gun for. All the bugs, some of the wonkier game mechanics, the way the pending lawsuit was handled etc... One thing I'll never question though was their dedication to making the game look and feel as much like Friday the 13th as they possibly could. I'll always appreciate the accuracy of many of the set pieces to the movies, and the numerous little Easter eggs scattered about. 

The prom idea doesn't do anything for me, but it wouldn't have offended me either. Personally, I'd rather have seen them get as much movie related content into the game as possible before they started thinking outside the box like that. (They were going to run out of material to use from the movies eventually) Like I told a kid who once tried to 'shame me' for wearing a base set of clothing instead the DLC wear, I don't give a fuck about what the characters are wearing. I never bought either of the costume packs because I didn't care. All a counselor wearing a custom ever tells me is that player is 50% more likely to be a douche. 99% if it's Chad in a Speedo. I always looked at the costume packs for what they were, a way for Gun to cash in on DLC since they were giving us all the new Maps, Jason's, and Counselors for free. They had to give us the Maps, but any other game would've locked the rest behind a paywall. 

Yeah, there's a lot you can criticize, but the effort to make the game look as authentic as possible isn't one of them. You can debate the execution if it's not to your liking, but the effort no.

• Like 2

I agree that if there was no lawsuit preventing new content then the Devs were eventually going to run out of F13 content.  So it isn't surprising they were looking at something like Prom Night as a future expansion to the game.  Especially when you consider that the original idea of this game wasn't to be tied directly to F13.  I always assumed that Slasher Vol 1: Summer Camp would have eventually added Vol 2, 3, 4 etc based on "Halloween", "Prom Night", "Hills have Eyes", "Nightmare" etc etc and based on other movies in the genre.  And I don't think that just because they got the license for F13 that they wouldn't have still wanted to move on to different movies, even if they weren't licensed.  I would certainly look forward more to a game based on Prom Night than I would look forward to yet another F13 DLC that was barely any different than we are already playing.

@tyrant666

i just wanna say, its not like friday the 13th was the most serious movie series in the first place. even in the first movie, you had a guy fooling around dressed as a native american doing a rain dance. kinda like a dancing debra in a bunny suit. i get what ya mean, tho. id rather have seen DLC that was less silly. like paranoia would have been much better than a prom gimmick.

thanks for pointing this interveiw out. i'll have to take a look some time.

• Like 1

I feel like in a perfect world we could have gotten the other maps we were missing plus paranoia and these extra little features. All this DLC does realistically is just add more content and variety to the game. (It's not like it was super expensive either, some packs being like what $2?) Also I agree with the post above, Friday the 13th is not the most serious franchise in the world either lmfao. 

i wish he didnt say anything. because knowing about more content we are never getting hurts me more.

Continuity wise there was a dance floor mocked up like a semi/prom on the Lazarus in Part 8. If they had ever done a Lazarus map it could have been implemented even if it was just for a tie in with the Virtual Cabin 3.

The campgrounds could have been used for a post prom get together just before summer so it's not exactly out of the ordinary. The space would probably have been used for Events if it weren't for all the murders.

There is also the tie in with the Prom Night movies and the theme in general.

kelly+hu+bites+it.png

umm talking about wes & crazy DLC.... where the unholy hell is @Strigoi ???

c'mon man, lay it on us. i enjoy your off the wall posts!

I Wanted a Dark Abadoned Camp and pushed for it soo badly.

The Off limits part of Crystal Lake camp called Camp Blood that we learn about in Friday the 13th part 2 movie when Cassandra and Jeff wonder off looking for the off limits part of the camp.

I Wanted a creepy CAMP BLOOD MAP SOOO BADLY.

A CAMP BLOOD MAP With Hidden rooms and puzzles,strange notes and clues.

A Camp that has bodies in the attics of cabins.

Cob webbed cellars with rats and weapons like chainsaw's.

I Was here on the forum in the beginning under the name Darrin Howard.

You can look up some of my old posts by typing and searching for Abandoned Camp Blood in the search menu in this forum.

I Also was under the names REDDOGG and Patriots1.

• Like 1

Zombie Pamela from part 3 could have happened.  Also Ghost Jason and Kyle from Never Hike alone.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Zombie Pamela from part 3 could have happened.  Also Ghost Jason and Kyle from Never Hike alone.

I Agree these are all great ideas.

We could have seen some promising things if not for the lawsuit. Too bad things turned out how they did.

On 7/1/2021 at 11:36 AM, Redcat345 said:

I would have liked that.

• Like 3