gettodachappa

Why are stun parties so frowned upon?

While visiting older threads people mention how stun parties should be banned or say stun party is trolling. 

Because back when it was a thing, Jason could possibly be kept on his back for the whole 20 minute match while counselors danced around him.

15 minutes ago, gettodachappa said:

While visiting older threads people mention how stun parties should be banned or say stun party is trolling. 

Because before Rage mode was added to the game Stun Parties or Pinata Parties were a big problem. A group of skilled counselors could beat on Jason for 20mins if they wanted to.  Once the Rage mode was added to the game it was no longer an issue as the party would come to an end once Jason hits rage mode.

edited to add: sorry @Dragonfire82877 I must have posted at the same time as you.

• Like 1

Does getting stunned and tea-bagged or danced on for twenty minutes by four Chads with sucker punch and swift-attacker equipped sound fun to you? Maybe if your one of the Douchebags participating, but it isn't fun for Jason or the other Counselors who want to play the game like its supposed to be played. Jason should've never been that big of a pussy that this could even be possible. It's the main reason the Rage buff was implemented.

TBH, I've only ever encountered one stun party as Jason, but I saw a lot more while playing counselor. Usually a lover-level Jason being taken advantage of by more experienced players, and I don't remember those matches ever being fun. Quite frankly, I never understood why doing this made so many trolls hard.

• Like 1

There's a difference between Pinata Parties and groups trying to kill Jason. When my group plays together, yes, there is usually a beatdown involved, but that's pretty much a requirement if you're trying to kill Jason. What separates the two lies in the motivation. Are you beating on Jason because you want to remove the mask, or are you doing it without any intention of killing him?

If you're not planning on killing him, but you're still grouping up, dancing, and chain-stunning him, you are a TROLL. Ganging up on a lv 3 Jason and taking turns tea-bagging him doesn't make you a badass. That's like if Mike Tyson KO'ed an 8 year old and then bragged about it as though he just defeated God Himself. 

This is the entire reason Rage was reworked; to stop the 20 minute pinata parties. If you've never seen any, check YouTube for videos of them. When Jason entered OG rage, you could literally get a guaranteed stun every time he broke through a door. All you had to do was stand in front of it with a baseball bat and wait. 

To summarize, the Rage buff wouldn't have been necessary if there weren't pinata parties, and pinatas parties wouldn't exist if Jason hadn't been nerfed to oblivion. 

• Thanks 1

Unfortunately it still is a thing in hacked/modded lobbies,rage mode is back to the way it use to be.Whom ever hacked the lobbies reverted the rage buff. As I recall they (pinata parties) started right after the Unreal Engine update patch which messed up  combat stance where you couldn't instant block or instant swing out of blocking anymore and it didn't take long for counselor mains to exploit the crap out of that.

10 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Unfortunately it still is a thing in hacked/modded lobbies,rage mode is back to the way it use to be.Whom ever hacked the lobbies reverted the rage buff. As I recall they started right after the Unreal Engine update patch which messed up  combat stance where you couldn't instant block or instant swing out of blocking anymore and it didn't take long for counselor mains to exploit the crap out of that.

Which is why they need to stop selling friday the 13th on pc

1 minute ago, gettodachappa said:

Which is why they need to stop selling friday the 13th on pc

I won't disagree with that but I don't know who actually determines that because I know people on the Steam Friday the 13th game discussion board have been complaining constantly about that very subject. Until IF or When the lobby situation gets resolved (I personally DON'T think it will) the game should be free to play.As pointed out it is illegal to sell a defective product and they KNOW it's currently defective.