gettodachappa

What do you guys think of the term "git gud"?

Stupid and lazy. It might hold more weight with me, except that 99% of the time I hear it, I've just destroyed or embarrassed somebody.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It is a term people use to generalize someone who complains about their gameplay and then dismiss them out of hand.

Easier to generalize and dismiss than to discuss and consider what someone has said or done. It is a rapidly growing problem in all areas of society.

(Sorry for going all deep on this answer but it is the truth)

• Like 1

pathetic. it's used by angry kids that die in the first 3 minutes of the game or leave when you grab them 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nico said:

pathetic. it's used by angry kids that die in the first 3 minutes of the game or leave when you grab them 

Exactly. I usually bitch slap every little shit nugget that PMs me that. The irony is that they are the ones that actually need to get good themselves.

I liken this to the people who try to convince you that you're somehow 'trash' at the game because you killed them or escaped in a way they didn't like. Same thing for people who call good players 'try-hards'. They're all different ways to say the same regurgitated bullshit. 

Telling someone to get good is stupid, especially if one doesn't offer advice to make the player better.

• Like 3