I dont mind jasons doing that but damn thats risky to do so because the phone will get called, csr repaired or boat repaired. I had a match today where as soon as i spawned jason morphed and went straight at me for 14 minutes. As usual i looped him for 14 minutes. cops got called and the 4 seater got repaired and of course he rage quitted.

Thats why as jason i never tunnel :)

Does make me laugh they go straight to the Packanack lodge as quick as possible. Had Jason follow me for over 10 minutes from the start, by then cops called, car fixed others escaped. 

Think he got a couple of others before trying me again then I escaped to the cops as well. Some do pick the most obvious spawn point rather than objectives. 😂

Tunneling can be a good strategy depending who you are tunneling. For example, tunneling the only good repair or the only girl, or even sweater girl or tommy can be useful.

There are also some duo players that use low strength counselors with low damage weapon and for some reason think sttuning Jason for nothing is a good idea. They are very welcomed to keep hitting me to feed my revenge, so I kinda tunnel them.

• Like 1

It's not much of a strategy at all. It's usually some noob who doesn't understand what they're doing yet, so they target the first person they see and chase them around until they get bored of distracted by somebody else. Occasionally, Jason will just be irritated with a certain counselor for whatever reason and might decide they don't care if everyone else escapes as long as they get that particular fucker. In my little group of three, we have one friend whose main job is to annoy an distract Jason as much as possible while we try to, preferably, get the cops and Tommy called, or get one of the cars fixed up if we have too. It's ridiculous how often this works, and it's why I'll never tunnel someone whose clearly trying to get me to focus my attention on them. I know what he's up too. 

I agree that tunneling can be a strategy in certain situations.  But overall I think most people tunnel because of their emotions.  They are probably just frustrated (whether at themselves or you or some other counselor that annoyed them) and they stop caring about "Winning" or maybe never really cared about winning to begin with.

Jason doesn't need to abide by anyone's rules.  He can kill for reasons known only to him.  If it means 6 people escape and 1 person loops for 20mins then so be it.  He kills people in horrible ways.  He doesn't play chess.

when i played as jason 8, i would from the start of the match to kill characters in specific order and ignore everyone else unless they try and stop me.

just like jason did manhattan, where he ignored all the defenseless subway users while heading straight for the target, or how he fought the other jason (not in character) because he tried to stop him. etc etc. 

ive come to apply that to other jasons becaus 8 SUUUUUCKS

5 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

I agree that tunneling can be a strategy in certain situations.  But overall I think most people tunnel because of their emotions.  They are probably just frustrated (whether at themselves or you or some other counselor that annoyed them) and they stop caring about "Winning" or maybe never really cared about winning to begin with.

Jason doesn't need to abide by anyone's rules.  He can kill for reasons known only to him.  If it means 6 people escape and 1 person loops for 20mins then so be it.  He kills people in horrible ways.  He doesn't play chess.

Agreed jason should play however the hell they damn want to. But a jason with half a brain cell knows that tunneling a 150 vanessa is a giant mistake. My advice, never tunnel 150 players using vanessa or tiffany or buggzy and any runners.

I don't tunnel, but I get why some people do.

Kill how you want, in whatever order you want, if it works for you.

• Like 4

Well, if Jason picks you right at the beginning it's definitely a suck because there's no pocket knife or hair spray. Even as an experienced player, it is rare for someone to last even 10 minutes. If the target is a good player, Jason's point of view is a waste of time anyway because if he doesn't solve the task max. in 3-4 minutes, the others will call the police or prepare the car and/or boat. It can be annoying if you start several games in a row he starts chasing you. :)