Ih8teamers

Why do 150s have hard ones for small maps?

Small maps are counselors who can't do well unless they are in maps favored for counselors 

11 minutes ago, Ih8teamers said:

Small maps are counselors who can't do well unless they are in maps favored for counselors 

Its to improve the overall consistency of finding objectives. Also its easier to house hoop and it slightly compensates for counselors that have bad stamina (2-4).

1 hour ago, Ih8teamers said:

There are pros and cons for both large and small maps from both Jason and Counselor perspectives.  Personally, I don't find one to be any easier than the other (depending on your playstyle).   So I wouldn't assume people who choose to play on small maps do so because they find the large ones too hard. 

It's a bit more give and take then that. Pushing objectives and killing Jason can be easier on smaller maps, but if you're a counselor that relies on stealth and avoiding Jason, you're somewhat nullifying that strategy on a small map. I might be in a minority here, but I actually like playing small maps as Jason. Counselors are easier to find, some objectives are so close together that they're easier to control. I also feel like it gives newer or lesser players more of a fighting chance, and I enjoy the more intense battles where I have a well coordinated group of counselors pushing multiple objectives at the same time or coming hard for the kill. 

I will say though, you can tell who the counselor & Jason mains are by what maps they select. The counselor mains do tend to lean towards the smaller maps, with the Jason mains virtually always migrating towards Pinehurst or Jarvis. My personal favorite is Crystal Lake Large, since I feel like that map is the most balanced out of all of them.

I've never really bothered to study the maps and repair part locations but I believe that when it comes to pushing objectives, Pinehurst is probably the easiest.  I say that because 2 of the 4 variations of the maps have the phone and fuse located in the exact same spot.  So when you pull up your map you have a 50% chance of knowing exactly where the phone and fuse are and if it isn't at the top of the map it is in one of only 2 other locations.    Plus, a lot of the items are always in the same spot (like shotgun and spray in the barn, 2 sprays upstairs of main house, 1 spray on picnic table in the north, etc etc).

While I hate the layout of Pinehurst, I do find it the easiest to find parts and goodies (even when I play as low stam/speed counselor)

I swear 8 out of 10 games I play are on Packanack small 🙄

• Like 1

because they are easy maps.

and tend to be shorter matches.

imagine if during a session each match lasted 20 minutes, 3 matches in one hour? no thanks.

I don't have a map preference. I mix it up and play all maps.

• Like 3

Likely to offset braindead "teammates".  Easier to overcome on small maps.

I don't have a preference, but I will say Pack Small and Pinehurst are my least favorite maps, Jason or counselor. 

it's easier to kill jason and find shit for the car/boat/box. i hit 150 in december of 2017 and i personally never cared about the maps as much but i definitely prefer small maps in the pubs because most pub players are noobs that like to put the gas in their hands, fuse in the inventory  only to haul ass to a closet and stay there the whole game. when i'm hosting i usually just cycle through the original three until somebody asks for a different map but , i'll play whatever even though pinehurst and jarvis house are spread out too much... i just try to have fun

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, nico said:

most pub players are noobs that like to put the gas in their hands, fuse in the inventory  only to haul ass to a closet and stay there the whole game

That is definitely a problem and a frustrating one at that.  Whenever I see a counselor hiding in a closet/bed/tent for no apparent reason I will often put a trap in front of it.  No real reason for it other than it makes me laugh when I  hear the counselor screaming when they come out of hiding and step in the trap.

It's also fun to kill hosts that have gone AFK.  The other day I had a host who was AFK and had come back as Tommy.  So I went over and pushed Tommy into a trap a few times so I could poach his PK and Spray.  Kind of a dick move but better than escaping and being stuck watching a potato Jason wander aimlessly around looking for AFK Tommy for the rest of the match.

On 6/9/2021 at 12:31 PM, Laotian Lam said:

I've never really bothered to study the maps and repair part locations but I believe that when it comes to pushing objectives, Pinehurst is probably the easiest.  I say that because 2 of the 4 variations of the maps have the phone and fuse located in the exact same spot.  So when you pull up your map you have a 50% chance of knowing exactly where the phone and fuse are and if it isn't at the top of the map it is in one of only 2 other locations.    Plus, a lot of the items are always in the same spot (like shotgun and spray in the barn, 2 sprays upstairs of main house, 1 spray on picnic table in the north, etc etc).

While I hate the layout of Pinehurst, I do find it the easiest to find parts and goodies (even when I play as low stam/speed counselor)

Pinehurst is easy to find the phone/fuse but all other parts can be anywhere. It takes me 15 minutes solo as Vanessa to find everything on that map. 

The easiest maps for escape are the small maps. Higgins, Crystal, then Pack. Easiest large map to escape is probably Crystal. Pack large, Pinehurst, and Jarvis are good kill maps. Really easy to determine shack locations and plenty of goodies if you know where to look. Higgins large is pretty balanced tho.

On 6/9/2021 at 1:31 PM, Laotian Lam said:

There's a guide on Steam by Rydog that details both the map layout of items and all possible variations. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=959754906

15 minutes ago, Dunken said:

There's a guide on Steam by Rydog that details both the map layout of items and all possible variations. https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=95975490

Rydogs guide is outdated and doesn't include all maps. I'd use Tommy86s tower guide for map layouts. It's much more detailed. Still though, none will show you part spawns. The only way to get a good idea where to look for parts is to play the game. For most maps, the parts will spawn fairly close to their designated objective. Jarvis and Pinehurst are the hardest, as the parts will spawn much farther away.

7 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Rydogs guide is outdated and doesn't include all maps. I'd use Tommy86s tower guide for map layouts. It's much more detailed. Still though, none will show you part spawns. The only way to get a good idea where to look for parts is to play the game. For most maps, the parts will spawn fairly close to their designated objective. Jarvis and Pinehurst are the hardest, as the parts will spawn much farther away.

In which case, I would love it if someone in the community had actually bothered to 'update' Rydogs guides. Especially since the game is at the very end of its life cycle.

3 minutes ago, Dunken said:

In which case, I would love it if someone in the community had actually bothered to 'update' Rydogs guides. Especially since the game is at the very end of its life cycle.

Use the tower guide. It shows everything on Rydogs guide plus the odds of tower location, but for ALL maps. Minus possible shotgun spawn points ofc, but that's hardly important anyway. 

Good luck remembering it all though. I think there's 5 different possible phone house spawn locations for Higgins small alone. 

• Like 1

small maps just make for a faster game in most cases. thats the appeal for me.

i play the maps in the order of the movies then alternate between the small maps. if it was higgins large last time, i do higgins small next time it comes up in the order.

2 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

Whenever I see a counselor hiding in a closet/bed/tent for no apparent reason I will often put a trap in front of it.  No real reason for it other than it makes me laugh when I  hear the counselor screaming when they come out of hiding and step in the trap.

It's also fun to kill hosts that have gone AFK.  The other day I had a host who was AFK and had come back as Tommy.  So I went over and pushed Tommy into a trap a few times so I could poach his PK and Spray. 

hell yeah, my buddies and i love doin shit like that. it's not like they're gonna do anything useful anyways,  the last thing we need is for the noobs to waste pk's and sprays. a random tommy will most likely just waste his gun within the first 10 seconds of seeing jason and play like a counselor. the most those counselor noobs will do is run around like headless chickens holding a car part or the fuse wasting all their stamina on the complete opposite side of the map 

2 hours ago, nico said:

a random tommy will most likely just waste his gun within the first 10 seconds of seeing jason and play like a counselor. the most those counselor noobs will do is run around like headless chickens holding a car part or the fuse wasting all their stamina on the complete opposite side of the map 

I've never understood why the first thing half the Tommy's do is hunt down Jason and waste that shotgun... Not that I'm complaining. I've taken many a Tommy's PK shifting right through that shit, and half the rest of the time they misfire completely. Unless your Jason hunting, this makes no sense whatsoever. 

My friends and I refer to the fuse as the 'butt plug' , since half the players that find it seemingly stick it up their asshole and run around the map with it for the entire match. It's become a convenient code word for any Jason players that might be eavesdropping. We've confused more than one Jason with it. 

4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Good luck remembering it all though. I think there's 5 different possible phone house spawn locations for Higgins small alone. 

I think there's six actually, maybe seven. Main house, barn, small campsite cabin, SE corner near the car, and any of the three houses at Blair's... I'm not a hundred percent sure I'm not confusing one of those with Higgin's large though.

On 6/11/2021 at 6:11 PM, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I think there's six actually, maybe seven. Main house, barn, small campsite cabin, SE corner near the car, and any of the three houses at Blair's... I'm not a hundred percent sure I'm not confusing one of those with Higgin's large though.

Again, I have never studied the maps but I was under the impression that there were only 4 variations of each map.  At least I only remember ever seeing 4 variations of each map.

For me, what makes the biggest difference of how hard/easy it is to escape from a certain map is whether or not there is a boat.  If there is a boat then the chances of escaping drop dramatically because A- the boat is the hardest way to escape and B- there is only 1 battery and 1 set of keys for the car.  Any map that has 2 cars is easier than maps that have a car and a boat, regardless of what map it is.