Sign in to follow this  
TimDuke 01

Any progress on modded/hacked lobbies?

25 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Amen,The main selling point of the game was/is ONLINE multiplayer and it's FUBAR. Not many give a rats butt about Virtual Cabin,Challenges,or the bots since their AI is total garbage. If they were even a tiny bit of a challenge maybe then online wouldn't be such as big of a deal to an extent.

Probably the funniest excuse I heard on this thread !  Cabins and bots work ! Lol . 

1 hour ago, Fatal Error said:

Well I personally haven't broken any rules. I have only complained about the game being broken. I hope that this thread doesn't get closed, so we can at least have a dialogue on this issue, which is a glaring catastrophe for the PC platform. I know it sucks to have to listen to us complain, but what else are we supposed to do? Not play the game? I bought it to play online with people, as it was intended to be played. I'm older, I don't have 8 friends who have free time to play private matches. Please understand where we are coming from.

I'm not even speaking on complaints. You're well within forum rules to complain, and I'm not saying otherwise. I was referring to the antagonistic back and forth happening prior in the thread.

43 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Amen,The main selling point of the game was/is ONLINE multiplayer and it's FUBAR. Not many give a rats butt about Virtual Cabin,Challenges,or the bots since their AI is total garbage. If they were even a tiny bit of a challenge maybe then online wouldn't be such as big of a deal to an extent.

I think we're getting a little too hung up on one sentence from my comment. I'm not saying "hey everything is awesome, everything is fine." I'm simply stating that the game is not being pulled from stores because there is functionality there other than just public matches and the team is still working on a solution for the public matches.

And this, this back and forth about what functions people care about, is irrelevant to the greater point that the team is still working on a solution for PC lobbies. 

• Like 1

I don't mean to give the forum staff a hard time. I'm just angry at the current situation. If anything I'm pissed off at the hackers.

• Thanks 1

One of the guys who does the hacked lobbies told me that by changing the key of the paks file there would be no hacked lobby anymore. He had removed the cars from the game that day and ended the match because Jarvis was noob and failed to kill Jason and he was pissed off. 😄
No one is capable of this unless they have control of the server.
I don't know anything about game development, I report that's all.

17 hours ago, Mayday said:

One of the guys who does the hacked lobbies told me that by changing the key of the packs file there would be no hacked lobby anymore. He had removed the cars from the game that day and ended the match because Jarvis was noob and failed to kill Jason and he was pissed off. 😄

Good Info @Mayday

@mattshotcha I tagged you on this info.

Thanks 

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Fatal Error said:

I don't mean to give the forum staff a hard time. I'm just angry at the current situation.

Another AMEN!

21 hours ago, Mayday said:

One of the guys who does the hacked lobbies told me that by changing the key of the packs file there would be no hacked lobby anymore. He had removed the cars from the game that day and ended the match because Jarvis was noob and failed to kill Jason and he was pissed off. 😄

That doesn't sound too surprising at this point. Thanks for sharing this.

On 8/10/2021 at 8:04 PM, Fatal Error said:

I don't mean to give the forum staff a hard time. I'm just angry at the current situation. If anything I'm pissed off at the hackers.

A lot of people are angry, upset, frutrated or disappointed at this point, for good reason. Other people, not so much.

Let's hope the workaround can make the PC players a little less of any of those feelings.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

On 8/10/2021 at 4:43 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

Not to go off topic, but there are a few things I would have loved to see in the Bots AI:

Ambushing Jason as he walks through a doorway

Backing up or making detours when driving instead of running right into Jason

Using med-spray on other Bots

Using a hiding spot if you're around but exiting it when you Morph away

Silently disarming traps 

Sticking together as a group.

Alas, maybe someday we'll get another F13 game with smarter Bots.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Using a hiding spot if you're around but exiting it when you Morph away

Well a certain version that I can't mention they have managed to improve the bots that they very rarely hide and they are a tad smarter not much mind you.

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Well a certain version that I can't mention they have managed to improve the bots that they very rarely hide and they are a tad smarter not much mind you.

Do they still take 155 attempts to run inside and close the door?

• Haha 1

Not nearly as much. Those guys make Illfonic and Black Tower look like amateurs ,it's really sad and they do it for free.I'm sure you've seen the videos of their work just added a snow version to all maps in their newest project.I think they are making a Jarvis and Pinehurst SMALL also.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 4:48 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

Not nearly as much. Those guys make Illfonic and Black Tower look like amateurs 

Maybe because they are!

Question,

why can't we just pick the server we want to log into? When searching for one, let the player choose from a list of hosts, instead of randomly being lumped into one. Clearly the current situation is proving that the status quo is untenable. Even if it is fixed, it is likely to degrade back into hacker lobbies. So why not let players choose?

Also, let Bots replace players who drop. They are able to do this with Left 4 Dead, and that game is over 10 years older than this one.

There are no "servers" per say it's suppose to be peer to peer connections. The hackers are channeling all the incoming player traffic into a "server" instead of being connected to one another. At least that is how I understand it. My question is if the hackers a supplying these "servers",they must be paying for them and I understand servers aren't cheap or is it a "server" in name only? I'm not sure how it works exactly,maybe someone can explain it better.

8 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

There are no "servers" per say it's suppose to be peer to peer connections. The hackers are channeling all the incoming player traffic into a "server" instead of being connected to one another. At least that is how I understand it. My question is if the hackers a supplying these "servers",they must be paying for them and I understand servers aren't cheap or is it a "server" in name only? I'm not sure how it works exactly,maybe someone can explain it better.

From what I heard people say in game chat is that the modders are paying to host these servers. Seems like a giant waste of money to me. It benefits neither the modders nor the players.

On 8/21/2021 at 6:56 AM, Fatal Error said:

Question,

why can't we just pick the server we want to log into? When searching for one, let the player choose from a list of hosts, instead of randomly being lumped into one. Clearly the current situation is proving that the status quo is untenable. Even if it is fixed, it is likely to degrade back into hacker lobbies. So why not let players choose?

Also, let Bots replace players who drop. They are able to do this with Left 4 Dead, and that game is over 10 years older than this one.

Valve probably had it in the plan to add bots for dropped players.

It would have been nice for Gun to have done the same, but it's four years too late on that.

On 8/21/2021 at 9:20 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

I'd be curious about this as well.

On 8/21/2021 at 5:27 PM, Phantom Stranger said:

From what I heard people say in game chat is that the modders are paying to host these servers. Seems like a giant waste of money to me. It benefits neither the modders nor the players.

It may not benefit anyone, but it shows the passion some people have for this game.

These hackers/modders seem to know the code for this game very well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1