Sign in to follow this  
TimDuke 01

Any progress on modded/hacked lobbies?

8 hours ago, Kodiak said:

I said before to stop bickering and I can see it's still continuing. If you want this thread to remain open, stop the back and forth arguing. The forum may be coming to the end of its days but the rules still apply.

Fair warning that this thread will be locked if the rules aren't adhered to.

No disrespect my friend, but this makes as much sense as telling your kid to go shovel snow off the driveway seconds before a blizzard hits (or not to finger-paint on the walls of a burning house).

• Haha 1

The game isn't 5 years old YET just sayin.Not until next May 26. I'm posting out of frustration mostly. Modded lobbies are NOT fun unless you enjoy TROLLING Jason with unbreakable weapons and having pinata Jason parties with 40+ counselors all with over 20% thick skin. I can see why most Jason players rage quit but that doesn't end the match either. The match continues for the entire 20 minutes even with no Jason in the match if they leave. I'm done, it's not getting fixed and as I said with hackers constantly watching it won't stay fixed long even IF they do fix it. Prove me wrong Devs.

On a further note if the Hackers would have skewed the balance toward Jason instead of the counselors where it'd be impossible to escape,hide or kill Jason,I'd bet this issue would have been fixed months ago.Just my opinion.

3 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

The game isn't 5 years old YET just sayin.Not until next May 26. I'm posting out of frustration mostly. Modded lobbies are NOT fun unless you enjoy TROLLING Jason with unbreakable weapons and having pinata Jason parties with 40+ counselors all with over 20% thick skin. I can see why most Jason players rage quit but that doesn't end the match either. The match continues for the entire 20 minutes even with no Jason in the match if they leave. I'm done, it's not getting fixed and as I said with hackers constantly watching it won't stay fixed long even IF they do fix it. Prove me wrong Devs.

They will never beat the hackers man , it was fun while it lasted . 

• Like 1

A lot to cover here, but let's start with this:

On 8/2/2021 at 8:18 AM, Kodiak said:

Stop the bickering please. Forum rules still apply.

What Kodiak said still applies. Also, giving Kodiak trouble for moderating here is going to get you nowhere. We need to keep the peace around here right up until the day they're locked.

Which brings me to my next point:

"Why aren't they locked yet?"

Because contrary to all the keyboard lawyers in this thread, we are working on getting the PC situation under control, in some form or fashion. We are also working on a pair of nagging issues on the Switch.

I saw someone mention in here that the game is "close to the end" and I have to point out once again that is incorrect. The game is PAST it's end. We are well outside of active development on this title. I don't know how much clearer I can be on this. We are no longer actively working on F13.

"What does that mean? I thought you just said you were working on two Switch issues and the PC situation?"

We are. But we are doing so outside of active development which means we're stringing together work on a title that is no longer officially supported in hopes to resolve these nagging issues for the community. THIS TAKES A BIT MORE TIME THAN USUAL. This title, for all intents and purposes, has already hit sunset. The work we are currently doing is beyond and outside of that. I'm not expecting anyone to bake us cookies over it either. I'm simply highlighting the fact that we are no longer in a normal development cycle. 

"It is unplayable! Take it off Steam."

I'm no lawyer, and neither are you. That's first and foremost. But more importantly, we are still working to get the situation resolved. That said, the game is not unplayable to a point that would cause us to completely remove it. Do private matches function? Do challenges function? Do bots function? Ok. So public lobbies are in a state right now, the team is working on getting a workaround done.

"A workaround?!?!?!? Why not a straight up fix? Stop the hackers for good!"

That's a wonderful long term goal. Unfortunately, as stated earlier, we are well beyond long term goals. I'm going to be brutally honest: Hackers are going to continue to tamper with the experience on PC well after we are fully sunset. This is true of all multiplayer games on PC. Eventually, things like player hosted lobbies or private matches will be the main way to avoid a tampered game experience. So a workaround is important because down the line, however long it takes them, when they do hack the lobbies again, we can't keep coming back to work on F13 for the rest of our lives.

And now the final point to make. The censorship topic. 

It is not censorship to be told you are not following the rules of the forum and be removed from said forum. You are still free to say and think what you want, but this forum has rules. Follow them, or leave. Those are the only two options and it has absolutely nothing to do with censorship.

This is a forum created, curated, and run by the makers of a damn video game. Stop claiming censorship over showing images of unreleased content or otherwise ill-gotten content. That is against the rules. Just like when you go to 7-11 you gotta wear a shirt and shoes. That's not censorship either. Or how you can't scream expletives in line at Burger King. That's not censorship either. 

And as for being overly negative, no one is saying you need to be our biggest fan right now. No one is saying that constructive criticism isn't welcome. Because it totally is! But what will not be tolerated is showing up in here just to try and start trouble with people who are still following along to stay informed. Forums are a mini community and if you're here to agitate the community here, you are not a welcome part of this community. Be critical, be cynical even. But starting fights with people who aren't as aggravated as you or aren't as cynical as you is not welcome in the least. And guess what? There is no rule or law against that! Because this forum is a completely optional space. This idea that you have a RIGHT to be a jerk in this forum is ridiculous and honestly, wholly incorrect. You purchased a video game. You receive the game and support for the game, which is always available through JasonKillsBugs.com. ALL OTHER ELEMENTS of the community efforts Gun provides are completely optional and not owed to you in the least. This forum, chatting with us on Twitter, chatting in Twitch streams. That's all optional and you can be banned without even being given a reason. Because those are not rights you've purchased by buying the game. Sorry you had to find out like this, but this and all other Gun Official channels have rules and if the rules aren't followed, you have to go. Regardless if we're in the waning days of the forum or not.

And that, my friends, is STILL NOT censorship. It's community management.

The community is a garden and if you choose to be a weed, expect to be plucked. You can still be toxic, just be toxic elsewhere. The internet is vast, find someone else's garden to go be a weed in. Because I can guarantee you we didn't build this house and keep it running even now for you to be a problem to the other members here.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

@mattshotcha Stop talking that much, fix it! I play this game since day one! I've never seen such an incapable development like that! Sorry but to be honest, its a shame! You are not even able to close the door for hackers, EVERY development can do it but you! You disappoint a whole community which supported you since years and even defended you, like me. Sorry but I will never buy any game by you again. You are not worth to be called developer!  And now ban me if you think that fix your issues!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Soulsister said:

@mattshotcha Stop talking that much, fix it! I play this game since day one! I've never seen such an incapable development like that! Sorry but to be honest, its a shame! You are not even able to close the door for hackers, EVERY development can do it but you! You disappoint a whole community which supported you since years and even defended you, like me. Sorry but I will never buy any game by you again. You are not worth to be called developer!  And now ban me if you think that fix your issues!

So much so wrong in such a short post. I'm not going to ban you for that.

Let's unpack this one too.

I'm a Community Developer. I don't actually fix the game. 

"EVERY development can do that" -Wait, what? Are you implying we're the only game with hackers? Really? Never mind that, we are working on it. It is going to take some time though.

And if you think that's worth a ban, then you should have read my post. I'm not going to ban you for that. Hell, I haven't banned anyone in this thread yet.

But if you're going to stick around for more than your current 2 posts, just try to add to the conversation some. Critical is fine. 

Is it possible there will be a solution/workaround out by October? I'm itching to play the game again on PC. I've taken a few months off since the whole modded lobby thing got out of hand.

4 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

The community is a garden and if you choose to be a weed, expect to be plucked.

Fantastic.

You sir... win this thread.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Phantom Stranger said:

Is it possible there will be a solution/workaround out by October? I'm itching to play the game again on PC. I've taken a few months off since the whole modded lobby thing got out of hand.

Possible, yes. I do not have a time line yet, though.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, bryanp3692 said:

Hey Matt , how many emails are you going to fill my inbox with ?   “ Community Developer “  lol , that’s slang for having rich parents and hanging on social media forums or living in a tent city in Seattle breaking windows of Bank of America buildings .  Hopefully now I’ve earned enough points for a permanent ban rather than 5 silly emails or warnings from you . This community has kissed your ass for nearly 5 years all of you have done nothing but make money off us suckers . 

LOL emails? That's the forum auto emailing you, Bryan. I just did the moderation, the rest is automated.

Rich parents, Bank of America buildings? What the hell are you even talking about?

Expect another email for the most recent point very soon.

The community kisses my ass? When? 5 years? I have only worked at Gun for 3.

I get you're upset, but try to make sense.

• Haha 1

This topic has been an "interesting" one to read.

On 8/7/2021 at 1:36 AM, zmccain said:

Holy hell is this for real?  Two Jasons and multiple counselors?  Is this just a PC thing?  I primarily play on the Switch but I haven't played in months.  Please tell me this is just a PC thing!

I played a few PC matches for one day in these hacked lobbies. Never again.

On 8/7/2021 at 7:23 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

I did manage to get a few hackers banned but not all I submitted did especially recently.

Any troublemakers you got banned were less troublemakers to run into in the future. The hackers that remain will seemingly find other ways to disrupt the enjoyment of this game. It is unfortunate that the hackers have done so much to this game, on top of the issues the game already had.

On 8/8/2021 at 4:47 AM, bryanp3692 said:

Amen , it's amazing that some people will still twirl their baton for this company . No one is coming on here and being negative or cynical over a brand new game or brand new issues any fan knows damn well this is an issue going on 5 years now and just filled with excuses . Again this company is still selling this game as we speak ! People are making money .   

I know there were some issues from launch, but this wasn't one of them.

On 8/9/2021 at 4:55 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

I'm posting out of frustration mostly.

Many people are at this point.

The shit has not only hit the fan, it has painted every square inch of the room.

On 8/9/2021 at 8:27 AM, bryanp3692 said:

They will never beat the hackers man , it was fun while it lasted . 

I'm sure a lot of people agree with you. The hackers are very determined to run this game into the ground, at least on PC.

There could still be fun to be had, if the "workaround" is successful .

On 8/9/2021 at 11:22 AM, mattshotcha said:

"Why aren't they locked yet?"

Because contrary to all the keyboard lawyers in this thread, we are working on getting the PC situation under control, in some form or fashion. We are also working on a pair of nagging issues on the Switch.

Could you be a bit more specific as to what constitutes "under control" for you and the team?

We are no longer actively working on F13.

we're stringing together work on a title that is no longer officially supported in hopes to resolve these nagging issues for the community.

These two statements kinda contradict each other, but most people get the point you were trying to make.

"A workaround?!?!?!? Why not a straight up fix? Stop the hackers for good!"

Hackers are going to continue to tamper with the experience on PC well after we are fully sunset. This is true of all multiplayer games on PC.

Perhaps most, but not all.

Eventually, things like player hosted lobbies or private matches will be the main way to avoid a tampered game experience. So a workaround is important because down the line, however long it takes them, when they do hack the lobbies again, we can't keep coming back to work on F13 for the rest of our lives.

I do hope the "workaround" is helpful to our PC brothers and sisters.

This is a forum created, curated, and run by the makers of a damn video game. Stop claiming censorship over showing images of unreleased content or otherwise ill-gotten content. That is against the rules. Just like when you go to 7-11 you gotta wear a shirt and shoes. That's not censorship either. Or how you can't scream expletives in line at Burger King. That's not censorship either.

You're supposed to wear shirt and shoes at 7-11. That's not being enforced these days.

People shouldn't shout expletives in line at Burger King, but sadly, some do.

I do agree with removing unreleased content from here, even though it will be shared elsewhere.

No one is saying that constructive criticism isn't welcome. Because it totally is!

Some past criticism has been misinterpreted as destructive, rather than constructive.

It all depends on the member(s) posting the criticism.

The community is a garden and if you choose to be a weed, expect to be plucked. You can still be toxic, just be toxic elsewhere. The internet is vast, find someone else's garden to go be a weed in. Because I can guarantee you we didn't build this house and keep it running even now for you to be a problem to the other members here.

At this point, a lot of people need to take the agression down a few levels, on all sides of the community.

The game will not be what it once was for many people. Let's all agree (or agree to disagree) on that, and move on with our day.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

At this point, a lot of people need to take the agression down a few levels, on all sides of the community.

The game will not be what it once was for many people. Let's all agree (or agree to disagree) on that, and move on with our day.

I'm not being aggressive, FP. I'm being honest. And honestly, I stand by what I said. If your only reason for visiting these forums, as others have stated in this thread, is to sow negativity and mock anyone who isn't at the same level of hostility as you are, then go do that elsewhere. You struck that line from the quote, so I'm assuming you are disagreeing with it. That's fine. This forum is still Gun's forum. I know, that's a bit jarring to think about, but it is, as I stated in the comment. By opting into these forums, you're opting into the rules of the forums. If those rules don't work for you, by all means carry on elsewhere, easy as.

To answer the other questions:

"Under control" meaning to a point where people can play the game as intended without being shoved into hacked lobbies. That is looking more like a workaround than a straight forward fix, as I stated later in my comment. What that workaround will be, I cannot share at this time. The team is exploring an option and hit a bit of a snag. We'll know more soon and I'll share more when it's definite.

The two statements don't contradict each other. Active development, as I've explained prior is the usual development cycle of a game, ongoing. We are outside of that and having to treat things like PC lobbies or Switch issues as one off issues to deal with on a single issue basis. We are outside of development contracts, timelines, and commitments. As you know, Gun does not employ in house programmers, engineers, etc. We work with our development partners. This means we cannot stop/start on a dime. F13 is effectively sunset and we are returning to work on one more thing, one more thing, one more thing. That is not the same as active development at all. I keep saying the end is already here, I need you all to hear that.

Every PC game eventually loses effective anti-cheat support. Then it's just up to hackers to be motivated to tamper with it. But I assure you, they are all equally vulnerable eventually, once sunset. Jump into any outdated Call of Duty on PC and you'll see what I mean. And that's a franchise that prints money.

Why would we deploy it if it isn't at least helpful?

I don't understand nitpicking the analogy, but my point stands. Scream cuss words in Burger King, they'll throw you out. That's not censorship.

Criticism being misconstrued as destructive is something I'd need to see to even begin to debate. I know in my time at Gun, no one has been banned simply for being a certain user or for being critical while staying civil. I say that with confidence and certainty. I've given plenty of second and third chances even to people who were cast out prior to me getting here as well. So this narrative of us banning critics cause we think they're destructive or because of who they are is something I feel is unfounded. You can feel free to prove me wrong.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

I'm not being aggressive, FP. I'm being honest. 

You're being brutally honest. I understand that given your title. You have to stick to your guns (no pun intended).

I've never had a problem with the rules, or following the rules, as the same holds true for some of us that still choose to remain.

To answer the other questions:

"Under control" meaning to a point where people can play the game as intended without being shoved into hacked lobbies. That is looking more like a workaround than a straight forward fix, as I stated later in my comment. What that workaround will be, I cannot share at this time. The team is exploring an option and hit a bit of a snag. We'll know more soon and I'll share more when it's definite.

Good to know.

we are returning to work on one more thing, one more thing, one more thing. 

The choice of wording confused a few people. I came here today to get clarification on their behalf. This workaround for the unsavory hacking issue is your final work on the game.

• Like 4

I joined this forum so I could get some insight into when these issues are going to be fixed, for a product I paid for. I have never dealt with a company that responds to complaints by calling its customers keyboard lawyers, or threatens to shutdown complaints. Working on an issue that has lasted for the good part of a year and coming back to say that you hit a snag isn't sufficient. This is not fair to people that have given you their money in exchange for a product. Make any comparison you want, the reality is the game is broken, and we are rightfully upset with the situation as well as the lack of response and transparency on when it can be expected to be fixed.

• Like 1

Also, offline bots don't even work right sometimes. For example, npcs becoming unkillable when hiding in tents, while their character model appears outside of it.

12 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

That said, the game is not unplayable to a point that would cause us to completely remove it. Do private matches function? Do challenges function? Do bots function?

"Yes, the Ford Pinto has problems, but they're not severe enough to cause us to stop selling the car. Does the air conditioner work? The wiper blades? The headlights?"

People don't buy cars for the wipers or headlights, they buy them so they can DRIVE... which is the point of buying a car to begin with. PC players didn't buy F13 for the Bots or Challenges, they bought it for MULTIPLAYER... which was the point of buying IT to begin with.

• Thanks 1

So Private Matches on PC still work fine and aren't hacked?  Good to hear that the game is still somewhat playable on PC.  By everyone's comments it sounded like you couldn't play multiplayer at all.

20 hours ago, Fatal Error said:

I joined this forum so I could get some insight into when these issues are going to be fixed, for a product I paid for. I have never dealt with a company that responds to complaints by calling its customers keyboard lawyers, or threatens to shutdown complaints. Working on an issue that has lasted for the good part of a year and coming back to say that you hit a snag isn't sufficient. This is not fair to people that have given you their money in exchange for a product. Make any comparison you want, the reality is the game is broken, and we are rightfully upset with the situation as well as the lack of response and transparency on when it can be expected to be fixed.

It's not a case of shutting down complaints, it's a case of shutting down rule breaking and abuse. People getting overly personal and aggressive are causing problems.

It's a case of people joined Gun's forum and they will abide by the rules, regardless of if they try to spin it as censorship or not. There's no 2 ways around it and for the people saying my posts/closing the thread makes no sense, that's irrelevant. I'll still enforce the rules the same way regardless of how people feel. Nobody gets free passes, everyone's treated the same.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Kodiak said:

It's not a case of shutting down complaints, it's a case of shutting down rule breaking and abuse. People getting overly personal and aggressive are causing problems.

It's a case of people joined Gun's forum and they will abide by the rules, regardless of if they try to spin it as censorship or not. There's no 2 ways around it and for the people saying my posts/closing the thread makes no sense, that's irrelevant. I'll still enforce the rules the same way regardless of how people feel. Nobody gets free passes, everyone's treated the same.

Well I personally haven't broken any rules. I have only complained about the game being broken. I hope that this thread doesn't get closed, so we can at least have a dialogue on this issue, which is a glaring catastrophe for the PC platform. I know it sucks to have to listen to us complain, but what else are we supposed to do? Not play the game? I bought it to play online with people, as it was intended to be played. I'm older, I don't have 8 friends who have free time to play private matches. Please understand where we are coming from.

18 hours ago, Fatal Error said:

Also, offline bots don't even work right sometimes. For example, npcs becoming unkillable when hiding in tents, while their character model appears outside of it.

It was said resolving the hacker hijack of lobbies, and a couple of Switch issues would be the last things to be focused on. We may be left with the bots getting stuck from time to time it seems. The same is likely true for the other bugs that occasionally pop up.

16 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

"Yes, the Ford Pinto has problems, but they're not severe enough to cause us to stop selling the car. Does the air conditioner work? The wiper blades? The headlights?"

People don't buy cars for the wipers or headlights, they buy them so they can DRIVE... which is the point of buying a car to begin with. PC players didn't buy F13 for the Bots or Challenges, they bought it for MULTIPLAYER... which was the point of buying IT to begin with.

I'm sure many players on all platforms were looking forward to the online multiplayer over the single player content. I know I was.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Complaining is fine, but when people are getting personal with eachother and arguing then it's not acceptable. Everyone should keep their posts within the rules and there won't be an issue, but I won't accept arguments or attacks disguised as criticisms.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Kodiak said:

Complaining is fine, but when people are getting personal with eachother and arguing then it's not acceptable. Everyone should keep their posts within the rules and there won't be an issue, but I won't accept arguments or attacks disguised as criticisms.

That's fine by me, I am purely here to figure out when I am able to play this game properly. Without having to deal with this stupid hacked lobbies. As someone who actually likes this game, it is extremely disappointing to hear the developers hit a snag. Frankly, I may just give up hope at this rate.

17 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

PC players didn't buy F13 for the Bots or Challenges, they bought it for MULTIPLAYER... which was the point of buying IT to begin with.

Amen,The main selling point of the game was/is ONLINE multiplayer and it's FUBAR. Not many give a rats butt about Virtual Cabin,Challenges,or the bots since their AI is total garbage. If they were even a tiny bit of a challenge maybe then online wouldn't be such as big of a deal to an extent.