Sign in to follow this  
TimDuke 01

Any progress on modded/hacked lobbies?

10 minutes ago, Fatal Error said:

As far as I remember, this issue has been going on since January 2021, is it?

Frankly, I have lost hope that it is going to be resolved... PROVE ME WRONG.

There's only about 300 people currently in-game on steam. This issue has killed the online community. With a lack of audience, I find it hard they they even have an incentive to fix the issue. Sorry, to be negative, but from a business standpoint, why would they care? Excuse my frustration, but as a paying customer, and I quite angry at the fact that the game is broken for such an extended period of time!

1 hour ago, Fatal Error said:

from a business standpoint, why would they care?

Well for 1 the game is still for sale on Steam.Regardless whether they are making any profit at 15$ and not selling much is besides the point.It is illegal to knowingly sell a defective product.You  can't play the game online as intended  on the PC format.I'm surprised nobody has taken any serious legal action against Gun yet. The game in my  and many peoples opinion needs to be free to play or taken off Steam until if or when the issue gets fixed. This has been brought up many times on the Steam forum.Steam customers are NOT happy especially the newer comers to the game.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BugginOut said:

No reading comprehension issue here. Just past of experience encountering fanboys or most of them that like to come across like one.

And no, I was merely playing Devil's Advocate. I'm not a fan of illfonic/Gun or Black Tower's handling of the product and never giving them another cent again. Still, most of you guys(not all)after 5 years of being on this forum since the game's release continue to live in this delusional world that if you continue complaining or berate the staff that it's going to change things when history should've already told you that's not going to be the case. It's getting kind of pathetic. But like I said before, it can also be entertaining to read sometimes.

Don't lump me in with the optimistic crowd, I've always had the opinion the Devs ain't fixing shit, and if they do, it brings new problems. Nonetheless, I cannot honestly say I feel cheated by them. I still play this game on an almost daily basis, and even with the colossal amount of fucking up they've done with it, I still feel I've more than gotten my money's worth from it. 

Again, I believe Gun/Ill deserve every ounce of shit thrown their way, but I believe this is probably the most fun I've ever had with an online multiplayer game. I bought a fucking PS4 the same month the game launched just so i could play F13, and I still don't consider it a waste of money even to this day.

9 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

It is illegal to knowingly sell a defective product. You  can't play the game online as intended  on the PC format.

There is a fine line between "defective" and "hacked". Doesn't go without saying if dedicated servers and updates are no longer affordable, big fixes can't be expected.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter.  Gun is fully aware the game is not playable online on PC as intended whether by outside influences or by their own fault.They are still allowing the game to be sold on that format.There are laws against  knowingly selling a non correctly functioning product regardless of what is causing the problem. Example say you bought a car and hackers somehow messed with the computer system so it doesn't run and the company who made the car is fully aware of this but continues to sell cars also knowing the problem is possibly never going to be fixed or going to take months to fix.There would be a class action suit filed unless they stop selling cars or fix the problem.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Example say you bought a car and hackers somehow messed with the computer system so it doesn't run and the company who made the car is fully aware of this but continues to sell cars also knowing the problem is possibly never going to be fixed or going to take months to fix.There would be a class action suit filed unless they stop selling cars or fix the problem.

Yeah! Just like how Toyota and Lexus vehicles were targeted by hackers/thieves who were able to hack/steal the FOB signal and be able to steal the car from the owners. Toyota totally stopped selling vehicles because they are a "Defective" product.

Oh wait.  They didn't stop selling vehicles, did they?

(thankfully the Thieves want high-end cars so my Rav4 is safe...for now)

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Well for 1 the game is still for sale on Steam.Regardless whether they are making any profit at 15$ and not selling much is besides the point.It is illegal to knowingly sell a defective product.You  can't play the game online as intended  on the PC format.I'm surprised nobody has taken any serious legal action against Gun yet. The game in my  and many peoples opinion needs to be free to play or taken off Steam until if or when the issue gets fixed. This has been brought up many times on the Steam forum.Steam customers are NOT happy especially the newer comers to the game.

I agree, it is absurd that they are even selling this game with this issue going on. I could understand if it took a week or two tops to fix it, but to have it going on for over half a year now is insane! This is complete negligence! They should either take the game down from steam, or fix the problem. I didn't even get to enjoy this game for a year's time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

There is a fine line between "defective" and "hacked". Doesn't go without saying if dedicated servers and updates are no longer affordable, big fixes can't be expected.

It has been half a year, this is a legitimate complaint.

Excuse my frustration, because I actually like this game, and want to play it. But making excuses for the developers is not helpful. They have a responsibility to fix the online function for PC. Especially if they are still profiting from this product.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Fatal Error said:

Excuse my frustration, because I actually like this game, and want to play it. But making excuses for the developers is not helpful. They have a responsibility to fix the online function for PC. Especially if they are still profiting from this product.

While I am not a PC player I do have empathy for the unplayable state of the game.  However, I don't see it as a "Black and White" issue, like some other people do.  Fault lies at the feet of the Hackers who have made the PC version unplayable. 

One can also cast some blame on Gun for not patching the game to prevent the PC hacking but that is a bit more tricky.  Preventing hackers isn't a one-time-fix like other patches are.  Chances are the hackers will just adapt to whatever GUN does and find a new way to hack the game.  So I'm not surprised GUN doesn't want to invest the money to try and keep up with the hackers.

As for the legal issues with selling a product that could be deemed "defective", I'm assuming that GUN still sells the game because they legally CAN sell the game.  GUN might be terrible at coding but I'll assume that at least their lawyers know what they are doing. lol

Steam's biggest scam is this game https://store.steampowered.com/app/369080/Age_of_Survival/   .

The dev gave it up, yet it's been on sale for 6 years. You hear the sound of animals and birds, but there is none. I searched for 2 hours what to do on the map, but the gameplay consists of finding the piece of wood that will allow you to craft an ax that is useless because you cannot cut trees 😁. That's all, nothing to loot. it's the desert with grass. As I am patient I waited for updates... 💀
On Friday we have the challenges that deserve at least the price on Steam, then the hacked lobbies we get used, while waiting for everything to return to normal. 

22 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

While I am not a PC player

They have a responsibility to fix the game, whether it is the fault of hackers or not. They're making money on PC players.

On 7/30/2021 at 1:15 PM, mattshotcha said:

We have had a minor setback. Minor in the respect that it hasn't totally scrapped our solution, just delayed it a bit with some tack on things to take care of. The team is already working through this recent development, and I'll update the community once we have news and a potential timeline.

6 hours ago, Fatal Error said:

They have a responsibility to fix the game, whether it is the fault of hackers or not. They're making money on PC players.

Read @mattshotcha latest about PC hacked lobbies.

They are still working on solutions and have one that has had a setback…..more to come when they can provide more info.

28 minutes ago, bryanp3692 said:

HaHa ! 

I have to agree unfortunately in other words another 5-6 months MAYBE. At the very least there should be a big Caveat on the store page warning you before you purchase because the average Joe is too lazy to do research or read the reviews.

On 8/5/2021 at 10:52 AM, bryanp3692 said:

HaHa ! 

@BugginOut

On 8/5/2021 at 11:43 AM, bryanp3692 said:

*Comical 

This is definitely not a comical situation. Not for Fans of the Game and especially not for PC players.

Nor was me posting @mattshotcha last post about where the Team is on any kind of fix for the Hacked lobbies. It was meant to be as helpful and informative as I could for @Fatal Error.

Who said they have a responsibility to fix the game which I agree with 100% 

And as long As Gun Hasn’t come out and said “we are done  working on a fix and that we can’t do anything else about the problem.” I haven’t given up hope that they will resolve the Hacked lobby issues.

You two Jackwagons can see it for whatever you want. With your ”ha ha” “they”” “fooled” “comical””sold on their Bullshit” Rhetoric.

There isn’t a whole lot we can do about the situation.…….I do know coming onto the forums to create an negative environment for an already shitty situation isn’t something I can do.

But I guess you do you if that makes the situation better in your eyes.

• Like 1

Holy hell is this for real?  Two Jasons and multiple counselors?  Is this just a PC thing?  I primarily play on the Switch but I haven't played in months.  Please tell me this is just a PC thing!

9 hours ago, bryanp3692 said:

Said the guy that results to name calling one sentence before this line !    Ha Ha , keep drinking the kool aid ! 

My post about your worthless posts is completely in line.

considering you openly insinuated mine was naive First…..… so what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

……like I said you do you if Filling the forum with negativity will make the issue better for you…….

I will try to keep mine informative and positive with the little time that is left.

And Sorry not Sorry your feelings got hurt.

11 hours ago, zmccain said:

Holy hell is this for real?  Two Jasons and multiple counselors?  Is this just a PC thing?  I primarily play on the Switch but I haven't played in months.  Please tell me this is just a PC thing!

Yes It is Just a P/C issue.
Unfortunately Hackers have created an way to completely destroy the playability of the game on P/C.

Gun has been working on a fix for a while and have had a set back on their fix.I hope eventually they are able to make things right for the PC players.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

My post about your worthless posts is completely in line.

considering you openly insinuated mine was naive First…..… so what’s good for the goose is good for the gander.

……like I said you do you if Filling the forum with negativity will make the issue better for you…….

I will try to keep mine informative and positive with the little time that is left.

And Sorry not Sorry your feelings got hurt.

Funny , it was your worthless post that provoked a comical " HaHa" that has you so upset clearly we can all read what Matt stated but when you lead the forum in # of post i guess you just need to chime in . No feelings hurt at all i enjoy an open form , I'm just strictly pointing out the pure hypocrisy of you not adding negativity as you name call a sentence before .   

1 hour ago, bryanp3692 said:

Funny , it was your worthless post that provoked a comical " HaHa" that has you so upset clearly

Upset. Hardly. Just pointing out facts.

Cynical  “ha ha” and “keep drinking the koolaid” “ believes their bullshit.”comments are useless.

we can all read what Matt stated but when you lead the forum in # of post i guess you just need to chime in

My post wasn’t Directed to you you decided to chime in with the sarcastic negativity.

I was letting another member know what Matt’s last update was on the issue.

No feelings hurt at all i enjoy an open form ,

could have fooled me.….sounds like you need a tissue.

I'm just strictly pointing out the pure hypocrisy of you not adding negativity as you name call a sentence before .   

No hypocrisy involved your lazy and worthless posts on the situation was perfectly called out in my Jackwagon statement.

This all started over your cynical and Negative comments towards my post that wasn’t even directed to you……mine was meant to be informative. 

Like I said before. You do you. Apparently that means coming on to the forums to complain about something we can’t control and be negative towards people who hope it gets fixed.

-unbelievable.-

• Like 1

No point bickering. History speaks for itself as far as fixing problems on this game. Even before the content was ended and Illfonic left it took usually months between fixes and  there were bad side effects afterwards almost every time which took another month to iron out and it just got longer after Black Tower took over. Oct 31 1978, I'm sorry but I'm no cheerleader anymore for Gun. It's been almost 9 months since these lobby hacks started with NO fix. JKB is a total waste of time now IMO never thought too much about them in the past even though I did manage to get a few hackers banned but not all I submitted did especially recently. I'm willing to bet it doesn't get fixed and if it does it won't stay fixed very long. Really leaning to the side of they are either incompetent or just lazy or both and I hate thinking that but that is the way a ton of people feel or think. It's sad that a group of "hackers"/"modders" can actually code and fix the game better than the publisher can as a certain version which will remain  nameless plays smoother with hardly any problems and the bots are even a bit smarter and more challenging in offline mode.(Yes I play that certain  version and aware that they caused the current problem). I know this will get this topic removed or locked for even mentioning that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

No point bickering. History speaks for itself as far as fixing problems on this game. Even before the content was ended and Illfonic left it took usually months between fixes and  there were bad side effects afterwards almost every time which took another month to iron out and it just got longer after Black Tower took over. Oct 31 1978, I'm sorry but I'm no cheerleader anymore for Gun. It's been almost 9 months since these lobby hacks started with NO fix. JKB is a total waste of time now IMO never thought too much about them in the past even though I did manage to get a few hackers banned but not all I submitted did especially recently. I'm willing to bet it doesn't get fixed and if it does it won't stay fixed very long. Really leaning to the side of they are either incompetent or just lazy or both and I hate thinking that but that is the way a ton of people feel or think. It's sad that a group of "hackers"/"modders" can actually code and fix the game better than the publisher can as a certain version which will remain  nameless plays smoother with hardly any problems and the bots are even a bit smarter and more challenging in offline mode.(Yes I play that certain  version and aware that they caused the current problem). I know this will get this topic removed or locked for even mentioning that.

Didn't another topic get removed because someone posted a video of a well modded design of the Grendel map included with a nice cut scene? It's kind of bit sad they can put in the time and effort on trying to censor something like that, but can do very little against the exploiters/hackers. I mean why bother? The game is 5 years old near it's final life cycle and they're still trying persuade everybody with a "fix". At this point and time, you might as well let the players have fun and go out with somewhat of a bang. Just throwing my 2 cents.

Amen , it's amazing that some people will still twirl their baton for this company . No one is coming on here and being negative or cynical over a brand new game or brand new issues any fan knows damn well this is an issue going on 5 years now and just filled with excuses . Again this company is still selling this game as we speak ! People are making money .   

I said before to stop bickering and I can see it's still continuing. If you want this thread to remain open, stop the back and forth arguing. The forum may be coming to the end of its days but the rules still apply.

Fair warning that this thread will be locked if the rules aren't adhered to.

• Like 1