Sign in to follow this  
TimDuke 01

Any progress on modded/hacked lobbies?

The team is working on it and we'll have more news as soon as it's confirmed. I will say this though, considering where we are (outside active development) this will take some time. 

But we are working on a solution for the PC community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

On 6/7/2021 at 10:32 AM, mattshotcha said:

The team is working on it and we'll have more news as soon as it's confirmed. I will say this though, considering where we are (outside active development) this will take some time. 

Yayyyyy!

So in other words maybe in 3-5 months same as a regular patch 🙄

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

At least they are continuing to look for solutions..... Gun didn’t create the issue PC players are dealing with.....other PC players did.... if people played the game like it was intended we wouldn’t be in this situation.

Thanks @mattshotcha and Gun for the continued support.....even after active development has reached its end.

I am hoping for the best out come for PC players with this situation.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 6/8/2021 at 2:38 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

So in other words maybe in 3-5 months same as a regular patch 🙄

Honestly, who cares?

Evil Dead the game will be out then.

• Sad 1

21 hours ago, BugginOut said:

Not an Evil Dead fan so I could care less.

Hey, I just started playing again after a long time off and I just wondered why there are lobbies with 2 Jasons and so many counselors and you can even join long after the beginning of the match. That makes no fun and sometimes I can't find a "normal" lobby with 8 participants. Are they hacked and do you have some advice how to find a normal lobby?

They have been hacked for a few months now. It's impossible for Jason/Jason's to "win" now.There are now at least 3-4 cars and 2-3 boats depending on the map.There are at least a dozen pocket knives,weapon durability is darn near indestructable,counselors have at least 20% thick skin without perks.The number of available objective items like fuse,gas,and battery are tripled or more.Almost every cabin has a Tommy tower. If you are a "Jason Main" it's totally not fun to play anymore and the rage buff is totally gone so it's pinata party central most matches. The devs in their infinite wisdom are refusing to mess with the code anymore so I don't see their "other methods" to fix the problem being successful.The game is dead on PC until IF or when the issue gets fixed. There is a work around but you have to be host and to me I don't like jumping through hoops just to play a normal match. Hackers are also abundant and JKB does nothing anymore.I've submitted 2-3 videos with undeniable evidence fairly recently and no bans issued. Nobody is getting banned it seems now as they can probably claim it's due to the way the lobbies are now.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/25/2021 at 8:34 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

.If you are a "Jason Main" it's totally not fun to play anymore and the rage buff is totally gone so it's pinata party central most matches.

I feel for the Jason mains.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 6/7/2021 at 9:32 AM, mattshotcha said:

It's called "NOT playing it on a PC".

16 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

It's called "NOT playing it on a PC".

We have had a minor setback. Minor in the respect that it hasn't totally scrapped our solution, just delayed it a bit with some tack on things to take care of. The team is already working through this recent development, and I'll update the community once we have news and a potential timeline.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Sorry if I sound like a Debbie Downer Matt but let's just say you can fix the problem.Will it stay fixed or will the hackers just find another way around what ever you did in a matter of  days or weeks if not sooner? I've really lost all faith unless you guys fix it for good. Sounds like another few months yet🙄.

8 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

We have had a minor setback. Minor in the respect that it hasn't totally scrapped our solution, just delayed it a bit with some tack on things to take care of. The team is already working through this recent development, and I'll update the community once we have news and a potential timeline.

Matt, I'm just going to be bluntly honest here, ok? I have significant doubt that the PC situation is going to be fixed anytime soon, if at all. Think about how long it took for things like roof-glitching or abduction to get fixed, and compare that to PC lobbies that have legitimate game-breaking shit going on: multiple Tommy's, 20+ players, infinite Shift, modded Jason's, etc .. 

Not trying to be an asshole about it, but we both know PC lobbies are the video game equivalent of the Titanic: it's going down. Maybe not tonight, tomorrow, or next month, but it's still going down.

The best thing PC players can do at this point is get a console and play it on there instead.

• Thanks 1

On 6/12/2021 at 5:03 PM, BugginOut said:

Honestly, who cares?

Fuck the Evil Dead game. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

The best thing PC players can do at this point is get a console and play it on there instead.

They haven't given up and your post suggests they should. We still have hope and you encourage them to give up? Not very nice of you. I don't care about the console I don't like. No longer playing on my pc means no longer playing the game. Can you understand that ? 

14 hours ago, Mayday said:

They haven't given up and your post suggests they should. We still have hope and you encourage them to give up? Not very nice of you. I don't care about the console I don't like. No longer playing on my pc means no longer playing the game. Can you understand that ? 

What I understand is you're staying on a sinking ship instead of jumping in a lifeboat because you're holding out for them to plug the hole and stop it from sinking. They've already told us numerous times they consider the game at the end of it's lifecycle and you're still for some bizarre reason convinced there's going to be some kind of fix for all the hacked lobbies.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

What I understand is you're staying on a sinking ship instead of jumping in a lifeboat because you're holding out for them to plug the hole and stop it from sinking. They've already told us numerous times they consider the game at the end of it's lifecycle and you're still for some bizarre reason convinced there's going to be some kind of fix for all the hacked lobbies.

Typical message that causes wars between pc and consoles. You can also send a message of encouragement, you know.

It's like when you open the discussion of your Steam profile in public, people know to come to criticize when you make a mistake but when you save lives there is no one left.

I don't blame you, people are like that. 🙂

3 hours ago, Mayday said:

Typical message that causes wars between pc and consoles. You can also send a message of encouragement, you know.

It's like when you open the discussion of your Steam profile in public, people know to come to criticize when you make a mistake but when you save lives there is no one left.

I don't blame you, people are like that. 🙂

There's nothing to war over, consoles have already won. I'm a realist, not an optimist. 

If you seriously believe lobbies like that are going to be fixed then you are HORRENDOUSLY naive. 

• Sad 1

On 8/1/2021 at 3:45 AM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If you seriously believe lobbies like that are going to be fixed then you are HORRENDOUSLY naive

I'm afraid you are correct, as I said previously I have lost almost all faith in them fixing this issue.They've  admitted to a setback already.Especially since they are refusing to tamper with the main source code which in my opinion is the only way to fix it for any length of time.The hackers have proven they are relentless on destroying this game on the PC format.Even  IF they fix it after this setback,I'll bet the hackers will have it back to the way it is now in a matter of a few days. If they had the capability I'm sure they'd be messing with the console lobbies as well. I think the people behind a certain version are the ones to blame and caused all this as they allegedly offered Gun help and Gun turned them down so they are getting revenge as they can actually code this game and fix stuff better than Black Tower can. I'll gladly eat a big plate of crow if they fix this problem and it stays fixed. I think the crows are pretty safe.

You would think after months and months of those lobbies that they would evolve and become something actually fun. As it is, they really only serve the 'troll Jason' crowd. Which is unfortunately the majority of what's left of the playerbase on PC and part of what drove away others long ago.

I would say they basically make teaming impossible since the player count is too high to effectively take over the game and force people to rage quit from that purpose. Other than that, they have no real purpose. A battle royal mode that goes nowhere.

That said, these types that hold the PC lobbies hostage get no points from me, but neither does the fake police crowd that only play the game to report players or get long time content creators and streamers banned. Those types get no points from me either and they exist just as much as the crowd that somehow finds a thrill in taking over a thin population at best.

As it is, I uninstalled the game probably for the last time a few months ago. I've got my fill finally I think. Summer of 2017 was the golden times for the game. Once May 2018 hit, it was basically mostly downhill from there. No new game modes, no revamping of the meta, so the game drives in circles around Part 3 spam, Nessa spam, Packacrap Small spam and the occasional joy ride to nowhere on Pinehurst/Jarvis where Jason can close his eyes and get 7/7 or 8/8 unless you get a lucky RNG for boat parts and he's distracted long enough.

• Haha 1

Respect your love for the game but think you're insane thinking the mods , developers or who ever it is gives a shit about this game anymore .  

12 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I'm afraid you are correct, as I said previously I have lost almost all faith in them fixing this issue.They've already admitted to a setback already.Especially since they are refusing to tamper with the main source code which in my opinion is the only way to fix it for any length of time.The hackers have proven they are relentless on destroying this game on the PC format.Even  IF they fix it after this setback,I'll bet the hackers will have it back to the way it is now in a matter of a few days. If they had the capability I'm sure they'd be messing with the console lobbies as well. I think the people behind a certain version are the ones to blame and caused all this as they allegedly offered Gun help and Gun turned them down so they are getting revenge as they can actually code this game and fix stuff better than Black Tower can. I'll gladly eat a big plate of crow if they fix this problem and it stays fixed. I think the crows are pretty safe.

There isn't going to be any crow-eating anytime soon. That's not me pissing on the game or even on Gun/BT,  it's just a cold, hard fact. PC lobbies are an absolute shit-show for anyone who wants to play the game as intended, while over on PS4, the worst you have to put up with is host-quits and the occasional time-out error. 

Stop the bickering please. Forum rules still apply.

• Thanks 3

As far as I remember, this issue has been going on since January 2021, is it?

Frankly, I have lost hope that it is going to be resolved... PROVE ME WRONG.