Sign in to follow this  
slashmedaddy

I am not sure how this would work but I think a Manhattan map would’ve been awesome

If they were gonna make a grendel map, i’m sure they’d be able to pull off a miniature version of manhattan possibly. Instead of checking cabins, you could search buildings. Stupid idea but pretty cool if I really think about it. Any thoughts about this? 

• Like 1

Wish we could have gotten a city map. I do think it could have worked if they had worked their way up to a city through doing a Forrest Green township map. Bigger building, with multiple floors can work. As an example, I remember thinking that Packanack could have been made more viable, by having the upstairs railing be breakable like the fences. By using creative map design they could allow for more dense environments. 
Morph would have been an interesting thing to balance, I think it could have worked if the map had in building positions to morph too. Having Jason pop out of back rooms or stairways during a chase would have been epic. 

More verticality as opposed to wider map size. Think Packanack Small but another Packanack Small stacked on top in terms of playable space. Jason could morph onto select rooftops that players have easy access to, and he could Shift up buildings to appear in higher floors.

It would have to be a small section like the docks with the dank alleys and dilapidated buildings and a small sewer section from the movie. Like three layers, ground level, 2nd level/rooftops, and the sewers.

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

he could Shift up buildings to appear in higher floors.

I like that quite a bit. Would be a cool mechanic. 

7 hours ago, slashmedaddy said:

If they were gonna make a grendel map, i’m sure they’d be able to pull off a miniature version of manhattan possibly.

That would be so cool honestly 

• Like 1

This idea is so cool.

A Manhattan map with only a certain amount of places in the big city where Jason and counselors can go.

Underground sewer map as an extra add on map would have been so cool.

• Like 1

but what part of manhattan? probably the most iconic would be times square, but how would it work? why would it, at any time, be completely empty and "sealed off"?

personally i dont think a manhattan map would work. if there was gonna be a f8 map, it would more than likely be the boat.

how calling tommy there would work: same method, but he arrives in a dingy.

how the sweater works: jason would have a single spawn point, but to make it harder to reach it, you need to find a key, and a trap is already placed at the door.

lifeboats obviously replace cars. theres 2 and can fit 4 people each.

calling the police: you call the coast guard instead, and once they arrive, you can jump overboard to safety from designated escape points.

while items will still be random, places like tommys radio and the coastguard phone are always in the same place.

the point of this map is that its more tailored for the cons benefit rather than jason. its more encouraged to escape than go kill jason so even killsquads will have a hard time.

1 hour ago, ULTIMA said:

the point of this map is that its more tailored for the cons benefit rather than jason. its more encouraged to escape than go kill jason so even killsquads will have a hard time.

Like I said, stupid idea but cool if you really think about it

• Like 1

A Manhattan map would've been awesome. Logistically, it was probably always going to be impossible to pull off, but still an awesome idea. Anyone whose ever been in New York or a major city can see the issues straight way. Densely packed areas with very tall buildings that would've been difficult to program into the game as it is, but I would've loved to see some gimmick maps like this that played a bit differen't from the ones we have now. As much as I love this game though, nobody can deny it's always been a bit of a buggy mess, and the further they stray away from the tried and true camp setting, the more programming issues they were going to have. Grendel made me hopeful we could've seen more unique map types in the future.

I do think a more realistic possibility would've been to create a Forest Green or P9 map. I'll have to credit @Slasher_Clone since I noticed he mentioned it first. Basically take the game outside the standard camp setting, and put it in a small rural town setting. Place a handful of standard cabins in there for obvious reasons, but for the most part, cram as many unique buildings that you might find in a small town in there as possible. You can use locations from the movies that haven't quite fit elsewhere, like one of the gas stations, the Tavern from 2, the Diner,  the Police Station from P6, or even the Voorhees house from P9 if you want to go that route. The rural nature of the town means you still basically have a large outdoor arena with room to roam, a logical excuse for the buildings to be spaced out a bit, and since most of the unique features of the map would be cosmetic, you'll have a unique map where you don't have to worry about drastically altering or breaking any of the games base mechanics... Though I wouldn't really mind if they tried.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Logistically, it was probably always going to be impossible to pull off, but still an awesome idea.

Nope. It could have its own special balance. On the grendel map (mod of course), as Survivors don't have lots of cabins, they can use teleporters, there are lots of doors to cancel Jason's shift... Plus, adding new things to the game is always good.

5 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I do think a more realistic possibility would've been to create a Forest Green or P9 map. 

Been wanting those forever 

A lot of good ideas floating around here.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2