gettodachappa

Do you consider suicide the same as rage quitting?

For me yes they are the same let me compare both suicide and rage quitting

Suicide

-denies jason's xp

-screws over teammates

Rage quitting

-denies jason's xp

-screws over teammates

Both amount to the same thing.

I never understood why they didn't just make "suicide" kills count towards Jason's kill count, because inadvertently, he caused their death since they saw no other way out and chose to kill themselves. It would have completely stopped people suiciding if that had been the case. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

There is one major difference between Quitting and Committing Suicide. 

Quitting (whether its due to Rage, Boredom, Immaturity or otherwise) means you leave the match completely.  If they were Jason, the match is over and people wasted their time.  If they were the host, the match AND lobby are over, again wasting people's time.   If they were a non-host counselor then it's not a big deal.

Committing Suicide ends that person's match and that person's match alone.  The rest of the lobby can keep playing.  If Jason is pissy about losing out on a kill then boohoo for him.  

So ya, there is potentially quite a large difference between the two.

Yes, if you consider most people quit after suiciding.

obviously yes. why even kill yourself? just quit the second things dont go your way, snowflake.

2 hours ago, Carlso said:

Yes, if you consider most people quit after suiciding.

I have actually found the opposite to be the case.   The people who suicide tend to stick around for the next match, in my experience.  Otherwise they would have just quit to begin with.

42 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

why even kill yourself?

Why does Jason grab you just to allow you to break free and fall into a trap and die?   Why do counselors hit each other when it doesn't do any damage?  Why do counselors purposely drive the car into the lake?  The answer is always the same.  Because they can.  

They may not be the same thing, but their first cousins at the least. The result is still the same, salty quitters who think they've won somehow by denying you a kill, when in reality they just look like little bitches. The only real difference I see is that a player suiciding can sometimes be amusing when it's amongst friends or players who respect each other just messing with one another. I laugh at rage-quitters too, but it's a differen't kind of amusement.

90% of people I notice Suicide are high level Chads or Tiffany's late in a match when they've noticed your wiping out the rest of the lobby quickly, and they realize they're probably not going to be able fix anything or outrun you for twelve minutes, so they Suicide and pretend that means they've won somehow... No, all you've done is make my job easier and yourself look like a bitch who basically admitted defeat. Forcing somehow to suicide or rage quite is just as good as a kill. The guys I don't get are the ones that suicide immediately and then wait around in the lobby for ten minutes before finally leaving. What's the point of that? Unless you somehow don't realize suiciding disqualifies you form drawing Tommy. 

• Like 1

I remember back when the random counselor bug first appeared, people were suiciding because they didn't like the counselor they spawned in as. It was sort of a protest.

Both are similar, but not the same.

Some players used suicide as a means to deny a Jason with teamers a kill.

• Like 2

On 5/10/2021 at 1:01 PM, Laotian Lam said:

I have actually found the opposite to be the case.   The people who suicide tend to stick around for the next match, in my experience.  Otherwise they would have just quit to begin with.

Why does Jason grab you just to allow you to break free and fall into a trap and die?   Why do counselors hit each other when it doesn't do any damage?  Why do counselors purposely drive the car into the lake?  The answer is always the same.  Because they can.  

im aware the universal answer to everything is "because". that may have been the case before, but now that its p2p and it takes ages to get a match and even more time to start one, youre gonna kill yourself 40 seconds after the match started bcause you were unfortunate enough to be near where jason teleports to? so youre throwing 10 minutes of waiting away. (maybe even more)

this sounds corny and yet: theres other ways. run towards other people and pray he goes after someone else. stun him if you can, then run. quit immediately (the sooner you leave the match, the sooner you can start looking for another).  theres no point in actively taking the time to kill yourself.

Depends on the player, you get some silly players who deliberately walk into a bear trap once you knock the door down. Just makes them look a bit salty really. 

If you're trying to survive and escape but get to the point where you are just hobbling around then I'd say no. It's just a way to deny Jason killing you.