1 hour ago, Greg290 said:

The lobby's are fixed ?

This is the number one issue we all want to see fixed on PC.

I try to report the people who host these lobbies on steam, but it doesn't seem to have any consequence.

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

I have literally zero obligation to play this game with you.

Look at this thread, look at your quick snark reply to every person in here, then read my comment again.

Then stop responding. My previous comments in this thread to other posts were also FACTS. Not FEELINGS. If me posting facts on here is riling people up, then the Patch Notes threads themselves are posts riling people up. You've invited more riling up than I'm anywhere close to with the patch notes over the years and we both know that this is true. From people who didn't get a fix they wanted, to people mad at some fixes that were made. Accountability Matt.

I'm not trashing anyone or even the game. I backed the game, I've spent tons of time and money on the game and I still do. But if I'm riling people up with facts then all they've got in their heads are lies about the things I'm saying.

Again, civil communication. I'm not being abusive or ignorant with my replies. Do my replies have a sarcastic tone to them? Absolutely, with good reason. The previous devs were given EXPLICIT instructions since BETA on how to fix half the issue people complain about in the game from people who found these issues. They were told that the balance was off and that Jason was going to get bullied. And he did for YEARS until the game was "balanced" by making him unstunable in rage. Then all the people who just run up to Jason to fight and get murdered when he's in rage started crying.

Sliding, the problem that has existed in every form of the game was explained to the devs in detail and yet their fix was "delay combat stance" which did NOTHING to fix the sliding issue but did make it much harder for Jason and the counselors to engage each other. The devs fixed the stuff people whined about the loudest (counselor asses?!?!??!?) because it was an easier fix and they could take their money from the almost 2 million copies sold up to 2017 and peace out.

How many patches were released saying things were fixed when the EXACT issues they claimed were fixed were still in the game? I can think of AT LEAST two if we leave sliding out since it's existed since the beginning.

All I'm doing is bringing information to the uninformed masses who may get their hopes up for the game to be a certain when HISTORICALLY AND FACTUALLY that hasn't been the case for Gun media and the 2 previous dev teams. Everyone was surprised when the current dev team actually fixed issues like knifing the cars because there was a track record of things not getting fixed. It was VERY clear that patches weren't being tested or at least issues not trying to be recreated after coding fixes were made. So many people from the competitive community offer to QA patch releases for FREE out of love for the game just to help the dev process along and we're shunned.

This game is still being played in LARGE part because of the league and tournament communities that still play and compete to this day. Why are PC numbers down? Sure you can blame modded lobbies but the leagues and tournaments that exist on the consoles are all played in private lobbies, which throws that excuse out the window. PC never had a thriving tournament scene and is now hardly played over there.

So again, I reiterate....I hope the patch doesn't break a bunch of new things LIKE EVERY PREVIOUS PATCH AND UPDATE and leave us with a broken game that will definitely kill it when all the league community players bounce.

26 minutes ago, JASON VOORHEES GANG said:

this is more a question but if you guys ever get the ability again to create a new f13 the game or pick this game back up would you do it????

No. The team is going to move onto future projects and revisiting a game that long out, from a development standpoint, wouldn't make the best sense. 

As for ANOTHER F13 game, I think that would be more plausible than restarting on this one, but again, unlikely for Gun. 

14 minutes ago, Fatal Error said:

This is the number one issue we all want to see fixed on PC.

I try to report the people who host these lobbies on steam, but it doesn't seem to have any consequence.

I assure you the reports are being read and investigated. That is unfortunately all I can say on it.

4 minutes ago, Dredge said:

Then stop responding. My previous comments in this thread to other posts were also FACTS. Not FEELINGS. If me posting facts on here is riling people up, then the Patch Notes threads themselves are posts riling people up. You've invited more riling up than I'm anywhere close to with the patch notes over the years and we both know that this is true. From people who didn't get a fix they wanted, to people mad at some fixes that were made. Accountability Matt.

I'm not trashing anyone or even the game. I backed the game, I've spent tons of time and money on the game and I still do. But if I'm riling people up with facts then all they've got in their heads are lies about the things I'm saying.

Again, civil communication. I'm not being abusive or ignorant with my replies. Do my replies have a sarcastic tone to them? Absolutely, with good reason. The previous devs were given EXPLICIT instructions since BETA on how to fix half the issue people complain about in the game from people who found these issues. They were told that the balance was off and that Jason was going to get bullied. And he did for YEARS until the game was "balanced" by making him unstunable in rage. Then all the people who just run up to Jason to fight and get murdered when he's in rage started crying.

Sliding, the problem that has existed in every form of the game was explained to the devs in detail and yet their fix was "delay combat stance" which did NOTHING to fix the sliding issue but did make it much harder for Jason and the counselors to engage each other. The devs fixed the stuff people whined about the loudest (counselor asses?!?!??!?) because it was an easier fix and they could take their money from the almost 2 million copies sold up to 2017 and peace out.

How many patches were released saying things were fixed when the EXACT issues they claimed were fixed were still in the game? I can think of AT LEAST two if we leave sliding out since it's existed since the beginning.

All I'm doing is bringing information to the uninformed masses who may get their hopes up for the game to be a certain when HISTORICALLY AND FACTUALLY that hasn't been the case for Gun media and the 2 previous dev teams. Everyone was surprised when the current dev team actually fixed issues like knifing the cars because there was a track record of things not getting fixed. It was VERY clear that patches weren't being tested or at least issues not trying to be recreated after coding fixes were made. So many people from the competitive community offer to QA patch releases for FREE out of love for the game just to help the dev process along and we're shunned.

This game is still being played in LARGE part because of the league and tournament communities that still play and compete to this day. Why are PC numbers down? Sure you can blame modded lobbies but the leagues and tournaments that exist on the consoles are all played in private lobbies, which throws that excuse out the window. PC never had a thriving tournament scene and is now hardly played over there.

So again, I reiterate....I hope the patch doesn't break a bunch of new things LIKE EVERY PREVIOUS PATCH AND UPDATE and leave us with a broken game that will definitely kill it when all the league community players bounce.

Wow. That's a wall of text and you still aren't seeing my point of view on this. I get it, I get where you're coming from. No one in this thread needs YOU to tell them how they should feel or what they've been through in the course of this game's life. That's not your responsibility. And you're not saying anything remotely new here. Then you end it with "So again, I reiterate... I hope the patch doesn't break a bunch of new things LIKE EVERY PREVIOUS PATCH AND UPDATE and leave us with a broken game that will definitely kill it...." and that is all you had to say in one comment and move on. You've now hammered the same thing how many times in this thread for what? Honestly, you don't need to reiterate anything. I read your comment and I understand your sentiment. Now let everyone else talk.

I'm not devoting any further time to your replies and we'll just consider the forums archived for YOU as of today.

And for what it's worth, stop referring to your fellow community members as "the uninformed masses" as that's not only insulting to every other user here, it makes you sound like a bit of an egomaniac.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I really hope these fixes, fix some issues with the offline bots that get stuck in closets, outhouses and tents. If not it should of been dealt on the final patch

• Like 1

Got a hacked lobby, then black screen with no way to quit other than to close window from desktop. 

1 hour ago, Fatal Error said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the "host" of these lobbies are host in name only and NOT necessarily the person responsible for creating the "hacked" lobby because if my memory serves me correctly when I entered one of these lobbies I was "host" but had no control over the map or anything. Most if not all incoming players are being routed into these servers instead of being matched peer to peer and it just randomly selects a "host". At least that is my theory.

20 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe the "host" of these lobbies are host in name only and NOT necessarily the person responsible for creating the "hacked" lobby because if my memory serves me correctly when I entered one of these lobbies I was "host" but had no control over the map or anything. Most if not all incoming players are being routed into these servers instead of being matched peer to peer and it just randomly selects a "host". At least that is my theory.

If that's the case, these hackers are also framing people for nefarious online activity.

Xbox One question:

Why are the pings so high?

Often I see all the pings in the lobby steady in the red and yellow. Sometimes this makes the game unbearable to play. Will anything be done to resolve this?

4 minutes ago, Fatal Error said:

Xbox One question:

Often I see all the pings in the lobby steady in the red and yellow. Sometimes this makes the game unbearable to play. Will anything be done to resolve this?

It's because the host possibly has a slower internet connection, or might be hosting in another country, or is playing on WiFi in my experience. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

I really hope these fixes, fix some issues with the offline bots that get stuck in closets, outhouses and tents. If not it should of been dealt on the final patch

They do not fix anything outside of the patch notes. 

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

Got a hacked lobby, then black screen with no way to quit other than to close window from desktop. 

Did the issue persist after restarting the title? If so, please send this into JasonKillsBugs.com

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

As far as I know, that is the case. We've heard reports of this as well.

39 minutes ago, Fatal Error said:

If that's the case, these hackers are also framing people for nefarious online activity.

Well, this is why we only ban people if we can corroborate evidence on our side. We never ban based solely off a player report if we can't verify something on our side.

30 minutes ago, Fatal Error said:

Xbox One question:

What Newman said below applies, but also there are a lot of factors outside our control that go into the types of connections you'll face when matchmaking on peer to peer. For example, matchmaking with people well outside the most optimal region for your connection, matchmaking with friends from other regions, and on and on.

25 minutes ago, Christopher Newman said:

It's because the host possibly has a slower internet connection, or might be hosting in another country, or is playing on WiFi in my experience. 

3 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

HEYYY! 

If that isn't an accurate depiction of my time here. 50% response to instigation and 50% response to tough questions. 

Feels like it's been a lot more than just 666 posts. Love all of you, even the ones that don't love me back.

As for my experience, you have seemed to always be upfront, clear and fair to everyone. Really appreciate that Matt. Thanks for sharing in this amazing experience that is F13 the game with us. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Did the issue persist after restarting the title? If so, please send this into JasonKillsBugs.com

Well, this is why we only ban people if we can corroborate evidence on our side. We never ban based solely off a player report if we can't verify something on our side.

What Newman said below applies, but also there are a lot of factors outside our control that go into the types of connections you'll face when matchmaking on peer to peer. For example, matchmaking with people well outside the most optimal region for your connection, matchmaking with friends from other regions, and on and on.

I hope who ever is responsible gets more than just a ban.

This is criminal.

6 hours ago, Armani? said:

Hopefully it's good....

I hope so as well.

6 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

So if this patch breaks something else, that’s it? That’s what we are left with? 

If it breaks something major, they'll probably fix it. Something minor may remain broken.

@mattshotcha, hopefully your patch doesn't have much in the way of harmful side effects.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Redcat345 said:

Just restart the game. This is due to hacked servers.

3 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Absolutely right. The real host is the one who started the hacked server from the outside. The host in the lobby is irrelevant. Although there are cases when a hacker on a hacked server (lobby) can also be a host. Some of them can be recognized because they use some tricks with their profiles.

1 hour ago, Fatal Error said:

Xbox One question:

I usually get around this by cherry picking lobbies until I find one where the host has decent ping. There's still a large enough player base on Xbox that their isn't much of an issue finding another lobby relatively quick. If most player's in the lobby have ping in the white or at least under 200 you're probably going to be okay for that match. For whatever reason, you'll usually see a spike in ping rate whenever a match starts but it will usually level out if both you and the host have decent internet and there isn't a regional issue. If everyone's ping is already insanely high while waiting for the match to start, then the host likely has crap internet, and the connection won't be getting any better once the match starts. I'd leave that lobby immediately and try to find a better one.

Another option, if you have good internet, is to try and get host yourself if you have the patience to wait the full 20.

So the question remains this group of hackers is paying to keep X amount of servers up and running 24/7 is there not a way to trace where these servers are and possibly block them or shut them, down?

23 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

I get that you're angry and frustrated and feeling a lot of things right now. But let's keep things civil and make sure we're not just trying to antagonize and rile up the thread.

This is the final patch. Assuming there isn't a major issue with this patch, it will stay the final patch. If there is a major issue introduced due to this patch, we'll have to investigate and evaluate. 

This is a modified version of the game and is not supported in any way by Gun. Use of any modified content is done at the player's risk and is also not a topic for the official forums.

So? Why cry for a mod?

26 minutes ago, i-cold said:

So? Why cry for a mod?

I have no idea what you're talking about.

• Haha 2

Ik this is probably unlikely, but is it possible that after all these legal issues are solved that Jason X will be unlocked?

I hope the lobby situation on PC is fixed by mid-June, when I have to go back to the office. I can't bring my Xbox to work with me.

Why didn't the Flare Gun and Fire Crackers stun effect return when Jason is in Rage mode? This is an imbalance and these items are useless in the second half of the game

On 4/27/2021 at 4:26 PM, mattshotcha said:

Well hopefully this patch don't mess up the bots even more atleast. it's the only reason I play the game now