Sign in to follow this  
Carlso

Things that Would be Cool to See in a F13 the Game Part 2

I don't think anything should change // I think it should be something entirely different from what we already experienced  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Do you agree with one of these sentences?? (If not then don't mark anything).

• Yes, I agree with the first one.
    • Yes, I agree witht the second one.

Here we could give our suggestions of what we think it should be improved for a possible F13 the Game 2 or something based on it.

1) PERKS + SPECIAL ABILITIES

-> Counselors are able to carry 5 perks.

->Every counselor has a special ability.

-> Make so the pros and cons of each Jason are perks, and Jason can also choose up to 5 perks (giving more weapon strength, more knives etc).

-> Besides Shift, Morph, Sense, Stalk and Range, each Jason has his own special abiltiy.

2) Rework of the Boat mechanic + More consistency

-> 2 exits for the boat on every map.

->Jason is exponentionally faster than the boat, however in the water he can just move in stright lines.

->The boat could move in any direction and as it would not be able to outspeed Jason, it would have to juke him by using its curving advantage.

->It always spawns one blue car and a boat.

3) JASON KILLING MUCH MORE DIFFICULT

-> Let's say Jason's HP is X. Jason would spawn with 10X of HP.

-> On every map, spawns one Chainsaw, 1 Shotgun or 2 Revolvers (with 3 ammo next to each. counselor can only carry the ammo on their inventory).

->While carrying a Chainsaw counselors cannot sprint. They need to start the chainsaw, and once it is started it performs 3 swings. If 1 swing hits Jason the next ones are guarateed.

->Tommy's weapon only has one ammo but deals tons of damage.

->The damage dealt by the chainsaw + guns should be equal to 9X, so Jason end up with the normal X health so counselor can hit and unmask him.

-> To balance it out, guns and chainsaw don't feed Rage.

4) NEW COMBAT MECHANICS

->Combat stance does not have the "lock on" property, but it does turn you around to the direction your cam was facing.

-> If a block is performed on the last 0.05 miliseconds of an attack, a parry is performed.

-> When counselors parry, they get 100% damage reduction of that attack and can recovery cancel with a dogde.

-> When Jason parries, counselor gets stunned guarateeing Jason a swing with his weapon.

5) STAS CHANGES

->Speed: needs to be nerfed. No counselor should out run Jason by jogging.

->Composure: should also affect fear and stamina regenerations, besides making impacts of fear weaker.

->Repair: Should be called "Intelligence" and should also affect the time it takes to call the police or Tommy and the reload or start up of ranged weapon and chainsaws.

->Luck: Should affect the probability of stunning Jason.

->Stealth: Should play a role on making Jason Sense ability weaker.

->Strength: difference between low strength and high strength should be bigger in terms of hits to unmask Jason. 

->New stat: Resistance. Affects the amount of HP of the character. Lachappa would be the counselor with 10 Resistance (cuz he's thicc)

6) XP, PP and Perk system changes

->Counselor should gain points for distracting Jason.

->Counselor should receive extra points for doing objectives while Jason is near.

->Each character would have their own "perk screen" or something. It would show all the perks. Some you are just able to by with a certain level. Each perk costs 1000 PP. When you buy it, it would be tier I, or white. To upgrade it to tier II or blue, more 2000 PP should be spent. To tier 3 or yellow 3000 PP, then 4000 PP, then 5000 PP, and finally for the legendary it would cost 10000PP.

-> Legendary perks would be more to show off than anything.

-> Before buying, player can test the perks first. Each perk has 30 try points (TP). Try a perk on tier I (white), costs 1 TP, tier II (blue) 2 TP, tier III (yellow) 3 TP, tier IV (orange) 5 TP, Tier V (red) 6 TP. 

->Players also have the option to rent perks. The price would be 1/4 of the original price for a 5 hours period. 

-> Legendary perks could not be tested nor rented.

Things I thought about:

Jenny's sepcial ability: Together we are Fearless. Jenny does an animation where she tells Jason she does not fear him. She and counselors whithin a 10 meter radius get their fear 0'd. It would had a cool down.

Kenny's special ability: The Man Who Does the Job. for 10 seconds Kenny would have 10 on all of his stats, so he could do anything with that ability. Maybe it could just be used like 2 times.

Buggzy's special ability: Bravery Through Fists. He can punch Jason. It does not stun or deals damage, but it can interrupt Jason in actions like grabbing some one, breaking the fone box etc.

Jason abilities: I havan't though about any, but some of them could be what today is known as explouts, like teleport grabbing, ghost walking, etc, but of course with proper balance and less buggy look.

While I wouldn't want to see the formula changed too drastically, I wouldn't necessarily want to see the exact same game either. A good sequel should always retain and improve upon what made the original fun, while fixing or getting rid of what didn't and innovating where possible. No sequel should be a carbon copy of its predecessor, or stray too far from what made it successful in the first place. You've included a lot of information to unpack here, so I'll comment on the parts I find interesting.

1. Perks: An idea I had swimming around in my head for the current game, way back when you actually had to grind and earn your level, was for counselors to unlock a fourth perk slot once you reached 150. Most of the unlockables for this game were Jason based, which is understandable, but that would've been a nice little reward for long-time players of the game. 5 feels excessive, unless the Sequel made Jason OP to the point you need 5. 

The idea of Jason choosing his own perks is interesting, but you're going to run into the same situation that you do with 90% of counselors who all run thick-skin and medic. Every Jason will run the same group of strengths. The only way I see this working is if every strength has it's own proportionate con to balance things out... Like if you want to run Weapon Strength, you'll also get the con of low defense... Meaning you'll able to hack and slash all you want, but the trade off is you'll more susceptible to being demasked and killed. It would also prevent Jason from stacking certain strengths. Say one of your strength's cons is minus shift, then you can't select plus shift since those two cancel each other out. I wouldn't be opposed to unlocking some of the better Jason strengths as you level up either. This system would reduce most of the Jason's to skins rather than having their own unique play style... Not to mention seeing an undead Jason running would just be weird. 

I'm not sure you can come up with enough unique abilities for each Jason to have his own... You might have to remove running and water speed as strengths, and include them in unique abilities.

2. Fuck the boat, just get rid of it. You'd have to come up with a new method or two to escape for a sequel anyway, so get rid of the one nobody likes anyway.

3. YES, Jason needs to be much harder to kill. I want to feel like I'm actually accomplishing something when I'm killing Jason again. I'm not sure if it's logistically possible, but I wouldn't mind seeing a unique method to kill Jason, maybe not on every map, but certain maps that make sense. Whatever they need to do, adjust the method of killing Jason whatever way you need too to make me have to work for it.  

Other thoughts:

1. I'd keep rage relatively the same, except I would give Tommy/Hero character a small chance of being able to stun Jason. The only problem I really have with Rage Mode the way it is, is that it's heavily reduced any incentive Tommy had to try and help out other counselors. Try to help other players now and Tommy's just as likely to fuck himself over as he is to save any counselor he's trying to help. Give Tommy a reason, other than killing Jason, to focus on something other than saving his own ass when he spawns in. While we're at it, add on option to toggle your Tommy preference on or off. Just leave when a player escapes too early and immediately starts bitching he spawned back in. That guys going to be a lot of help...

2. Add other Hero characters like Duke and Tina. Something most fans of the movies have wanted to see anyway, and we probably would've gotten without the lawsuit. Each Character should have their own unique method or steps for killing Jason.

3. Differen't kinds of maps with varying gameplay... A Natural progression for any sequel. The Camp aesthetic is great and classic, but a little variety wouldn't hurt. We almost had it with this game and Grendel. The Lazarus, a New York Map, a small town type map like Forest Green... Something that feels and plays a bit differen't without completely frying the game mechanics. 

4. More Environmental Kills! When I play single player challenges, I find myself thinking, why couldn't they squeeze some of these as environmental kills on the regular maps? Stuff as many of them into the game as you can get. I want to shoot Chad in the face with a harpoon in QP god damnit!

5. A Beginner's Que for noobs. This is something I think this game really could've used, though I understand why they didn't and possibly couldn't eventually add one. This game can be brutal on beginners though, so tossing them in the pool with a lobby full of 150's is asking a lot. For as successful as this game was, it may have been even more so if so many new players weren't immediately scared away by the games brutal learning curve.

Yeah, we all know a sequel isn't going to happen... No harm in wonder 'What If' though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Yeah, we all know a sequel isn't going to happen...

I do think it's going to happen, or at least something similar to this game. F13 the Game put Gun Media on the map, it would be the dumbest thing to not try create something along the lines of this game. I hope so...

PERK

NAME

DESCRIPTION

%

Adrenaline Rush

Can run for extra 2 seconds when your Stamina ends. This value increases.

Poor: 20%

Common: 40%

Uncommon: 60%

Rare: 80%

Epic: 100%

Legendary: 120%

Aquanaut

Consumes no stamina while swimming and swimming speed is increased.

Poor: 5%

Common: 10%

Uncommon: 15%

Rare: 20%

Epic: 25%

Legendary: 30%

Controlled Breathing

You don’t make noises when while inside a hidden spot. Go in and out of hiding spots faster.

Easy Listening

You can hear Jason and locate him on your minimap from a further distance.

Escape Artist

Fear does not affect your breaking free from grab process. Break free from Jason's grab easier.

Poor: 3%

Common: 6%

Uncommon: 9%

Rare: 12%

Epic: 15%

Legendary: 18%

Evasion

Increased dodge speed while in combat stance.

Firecracker

Start with a firecracker. Get 4 uses out of a Fire Cracker. Increase their stun radius.

Friendship

Start the match with a machete and melee attack damage increased for each other counselor nearby.

Poor: 1%

Common: 2%

Uncommon: 3%

Rare: 4%

Epic: 5%

Legendary: 6%

Grease Monkey

Car Starting and restarting times decreased.

Grinder

Increase the amount of XP gained while equipped.

Heavy Hitter

Increase Melee Stun time on Jason with the Baseball Bat.

Common: 8%

Uncommon: 11%

Rare: 14%

Epic: 17%

Legendary: 20%

Heavy Mover

Speeds up the amount of thime it takes to opem, close or barricade drawers and doors.

Poor: 10%

Common: 20%

Uncommon: 30%

Rare: 40%

Epic: 50%

Legendary: 60%

Heavy Sleeper

While inside a sleeping bag, you have a chance to avoid Jason’s Sense ability each time he used it.

Sense Avoidance Chance Increased

Home Body

Gains more Stealth while inside cabins.

Poor: 4%

Uncommon: 12%

Rare: 16%

Epic: 20%

Legendary: 24%

Hypochondriac

Start with Medical spray. Medical Spray healing increased.

Ice Cold

Dead counselors that dropped items appear on you map and minimap. Dead body fear is reduced

Common: 30%

Uncommon: 40%

Rare: 50%

Epic: 90%

Legendary: 100%

Lead Foot

Increase the top speed of cars while you are in the driver's seat.

Car Speed Increased

Level Headed

Gains more Stealth during Jason's Sense ability.

Light Foot

Generate less noise when jogging or sprinting.

Poor: 7%

Common: 14%

Uncommon: 21%

Rare: 28%

Epic: 35%

Legendary: 42%

Lone Wolf

Being alone doesn’t affect your fear and you gain more overall fear resistance while separated from other counselors.

Low Profile

Gains more Stealth while crouched.

Man At Arms

Weapons last when they were supposed to break, giving you 1 extra hit. Weapon durability increased.

Marathon

Increases your total stamina, allowing you to sprint for longer durations.

Medic

You can keep medic sprays on the same inventory slot. Increases healing speed.

Motorboating

Boat starting time reduced.

My Dad's a Cop

Cops arrive quicker if you are the one who calls them.

Nerves of Steel

Loss of mini-map with high Fear does not occur. Range of the minimap increased.

Poor: 2%

Common: 4%

Uncommon: 6%

Rare: 8%

Epic: 10%

Legendary: 12%

Night owl

Reduced fear penalties from darkness, loneliness and being out-door. (Legendary: Gains 5% fear resistance from Jason.)

Potent Ranger

Have the priority over other players of returning as Tommy. Deal more damage when playing as Tommy Jarvis.

Uncommon: 11%

Rare: 14%

Epic: 17%

Legendary: 20%

Preparedness

Start with a large map. Increases the range of the minimap.

Psychic

Start with a walkie talkie and call the cops or Tommy faster.

Pyro

Start with a flare gun and increases damage stun duration with ranged weapons.

Quiet Swimmer

Noise while swimming is reduced (Legendary: and have 5% more Stealth while swimming).

Restful

Stamina recharge rate increased while stopped and crouched.

Scout

Gain more resistance to  traps’ damage.

Slugger

Melee damage is increased and start the match with a baseball bat in hand.

Sneaky

Move faster while going through windows and opens windows faster.

Legebdary: 30%

Spatial Awareness

You don’t stumble when running. Range of the minimap increased.

Speed Demon

Start the car faster if you do it immediately after it breaks.

Sucker Punch

Chance of activating. When it activates, you have 100% chance of stunning Jason.

Swift Attacker

Increase your Melee Attack speed with all weapons.

Teamwork

Chance of activation. While Jason grabs someone, you have a 100% chance of stunning him.

Thick Skinned

Increases Resistance and your overall Hit Points.

Thrasher

Increases melee attack damage while using an Axe.

Tinker

Sizes of the skillchecks on the repair minigame are increased.