Hi all,

Most times when I play as a counsellor I do not find any pocket knives. However, when I grab counsellors as Jason - most players have pocket knives. What am I missing? Where is everyone finding their pocket knives? I am aware that first aid sprays appear in some set locations as well as random locations on each map - are pocket knives the same?

Two days ago I came up against a counsellor that was holding 3 pocket knives! While it is possible to find 3 pocket knives, it is extremely unlikely. Was this player cheating?

Matt P

31 minutes ago, MattP said:

wo days ago I came up against a counsellor that was holding 3 pocket knives! While it is possible to find 3 pocket knives, it is extremely unlikely. Was this player cheating?

Matt P

No, that person either got lucky, or was in a lobby full of noobs who weren't aware where the usual spawn locations for PK's were... Or a combination of both. 

Each map has a number of outdoor locations where PK's can randomly spawn. In a lot of matches, you're much more likely to find a PK outside then you will inside a cabin drawer. The campsites are obvious, but some of the more secretive spots include the cooler and picnic table on their respective islands on Jarvis map, that gazebo looking thing on Crystal Lake Small, that small outhouse looking building on the island on Higgins Large when neither the shack or campsite spawns there, the archery range on Pack Small, and that secret camp on Pack Large that isn't marked on the map. I've also found a PK on a random Picnic table on Pinehurst, near where the boat spawns on the east side of the map, but I haven't seen that one in a long time. I wouldn't completely sell out to get to these places though... There's no guarantee a PK is going to spawn in any specific location on any map. Search them at your own risk.

• Like 1

I've noticed that after calling Tommy, there often will be a pocket knife in a drawer in the same cabin. It's as if the game is programmed to give you a PK as a reward for calling him. This doesn't always happen but I've seen it happen a lot.

Another great little location for the random pocket knife and shotgun is the northern most dock on Jarvis on the West part of the map where the boat can spawn sometimes on the main land.

Overall, I know the feeling. Nothing more frustrating than running across someone that seemingly has more knives than they should. Makes you want to just slash them to pieces due to PK paranoia. Sometimes its just bad luck.

- They found them all

- Nobody else found any

- You killed most of the rest of the characters with slashing or whatnot, hence the knives didn't get used so someone else gobbled them all up. I know this is one of the reasons I don't like slashing Tommy to death if I can help it. If im threatened with the Jason kill, then obviously its a no brainer, but the trade off is someone else picks up the knife if you don't grab Tommy so he loses his and that leaves another knife in play.

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

@Somethin Cool are there any posts online showing Pocket Knife locations for  each map?

@tyrant666 when a counsellor (including Tommy) dies - are their unused Pocket Knives located next to their corpse - or do these Pocket Knives return to cabin drawers and campsites?

Thanks,

Matt P

@MattP  The two PKs in drawers are randomly placed at the start of the match.  ALL item placement is done at the start of the match.  (People thinking a counselor's Luck stat will change this is a common misconception). So no, calling Tommy isnt going to change what drawer the PK is in.

5 hours ago, MattP said:

when a counsellor (including Tommy) dies - are their unused Pocket Knives located next to their corpse - or do these Pocket Knives return to cabin drawers and campsites?

All items and weapons a counseIor has will be on the ground by their dead body if they are killed.   If they escape, all items and weapons they had will drop at the campfire or shoreline closest to where they escaped.

A common mistake by new players is running around looking for PKs like they are going to win you the game.  They will not. They will simply postpone your death.  Focus on finding repair parts (that can actually help you escape) and hope you happen to find a PK along the way.  

I would probably list item importance as follows:

1 - Map (so you can see any repair parts that have been dropped)

2 - Health Spray  (lots of things can hurt you)

3 - Any weapon (helps keeps fear down)

4 - Fuse (easiest way to escape)

5 - Car Parts

6 - PK

7 - Firecrackers

8 - Prop (f*ck the boat)

9 - Shotgun ( 99% of the time it is wasted before Jason even gets to Rage)

6 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

A common mistake by new players is running around looking for PKs like they are going to win you the game.  They will not. They will simply postpone your death.  Focus on finding repair parts (that can actually help you escape) and hope you happen to find a PK along the way.  

I would probably list item importance as follows:

1 - Map (so you can see any repair parts that have been dropped)

2 - Health Spray  (lots of things can hurt you)

3 - Any weapon (helps keeps fear down)

4 - Fuse (easiest way to escape)

5 - Car Parts

6 - PK

7 - Firecrackers

8 - Prop (f*ck the boat)

9 - Shotgun ( 99% of the time it is wasted before Jason even gets to Rage)

I'd definitely put Heath Spray at #1 easily. Maps are important but you're more likely to get annoyed that every third drawer you open has a map in it than you are to run into that rare match where you don't have a map in your pocket within the first couple of minutes. (The extremely rare match where you can't seem to find one are annoying as hell though) I refer to playing through most or all of a match without a HS as playing the game in hard mode... You can't afford to fuck up at all, and not having one can completely change the way you play the match. Especially against a weapon strength Jason. I can survive without most of our little counselor toys, but no HS... It can get intense knowing you're one TK or broken window away from being fucked, and most players aren't going to survive it unless Jason is complete ass or has no idea what he's doing.

I agree completely about the Shotgun. I absolutely love/shake my head whenever Tommy spawns in, and the first thing he does is try to find Jason and waste his shotgun. 75% of the time he either misses, or I just shift through and take his pocket knife. I've gotten so many early Tommy kills this way it's ridiculous. I have no idea what these guys think they're accomplishing. The only excuse for wasting a shotgun like that is if you're trying to demask Jason. Same thing goes for the greenhorns who think they're badass running around with their little flare guns. Aim one of those things at me, and all I'll see is a counselor whose probably going to be dead in 10-20 seconds. 

On 4/4/2021 at 12:32 AM, MattP said:

Hi all,

Thanks for your replies.

@Somethin Cool are there any posts online showing Pocket Knife locations for  each map?

@tyrant666 when a counsellor (including Tommy) dies - are their unused Pocket Knives located next to their corpse - or do these Pocket Knives return to cabin drawers and campsites?

Thanks,

Matt P

No not that I'm aware of. Check any campsite you're close to. There's certain picnic tables on Pinehurst, Crystal, Higgins, and Pack that can spawn PKs as well. Also, if there's a boat house on Pack small, one can spawn on the shelf in the northeast corner.