Sign in to follow this  
Carlso

Is the End Near?

Your opinion about the last breath of this masterpiece.  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Is the game dead?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If the game is still not dead, when do you think it will die.

• I think the game dies this year.
    • Probably in 2022 it will be over.
    • till 2023 this game lives... barely...
    • NOOOOOOO!!! PLAYING UNTIL 2050 F13 NEVER DIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. 3. How often do you play this game?

• Dayly.
    • Couples times in the week.
    • Weekly.
    • When I can, and when I want. Sometimes I don't play for a month.
    • I don't play this game anymore.

In my opinion, the end is near. The question, however, is when.

2 hours ago, Carlso said:

In my opinion, the end is near. The question, however, is when.

If I had a dollar for every time some asshole claimed the game was dead, I'd die of old age before I could count my money.

• Like 1

i am curious as to when the forums will be archived though 

When content halted in 2018, all the haters proudly declared the game was dead. Three years later, the game is still alive and kicking. When dedicated servers were shut down last November, this forum looked like an obituary page. 6 months later, the game is still breathing with a decent number of people still playing, despite the copious amounts of bullshit you have to deal with while playing. No, the game is not dead. It's terminally ill and on life support but it's not dead. This game is as hard to kill as it's beloved antagonist. If your definition of a 'Dead Game' is based entirely off whether or not it's still adding content, you need a new definition of what a Dead Game is. As long as people are still playing, the game is not dead.

A lot of people seem really invested in prematurely dumping this game in the grave, they have been for years. Hell, I've seen a handful of people who only show up on this forum for the soul purpose of shitting on it. Those people can fuck right off. And no, even if this game did happen to die within the next few months, you don't get brownie points for being right three years after the fact. You just look even more like a dumbass. 

Now, I'm not delusional. I'm pleasantly surprised by how healthy the player base still is on console, but it is going to dwindle over time, especially as more and more titles get released for the next gen consoles. The end is near, just nowhere as close to near as you might think... Or some people might want it to be.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, 82912 said:

i am curious as to when the forums will be archived though 

As soon as the upcoming 'final' final patch drops, which I'm assuming is probably soon.

As long as this snake-oil-of-a-game is still being sold, people will keep trying to play it.

I find it funny that 2 people voted that they don't play it anymore.  Then why on earth are they still coming to this forum?  :huh:

On PC, the end is definitely near if not already there.

Around 500 players except for when they give away the game for pennies on Steam in which then the game will see a spike close to 1k on the weekend mostly. I would say make the game free to play on PC, but that will create even more havoc.

1. Veterans come and go

2. New players basically get fed to the sharks and I can't imagine many of them stick around long given the state of the game. Even with these modded lobbies basically allowing them to go from 1 to 150 in the span of two games if they want to stay in those lobbies.

3. Toxics (veteran and new) still rage quit/alt f4 when they don't get what they want

4. The shit modded lobbies or the hosts who seemingly all host wireless on an island in the middle of the ocean somewhere, making for high ping mud fests and already clunky game mechanics even worse

5. Hackers who use cheats...I honestly don't give a shit about cosmetics since they aren't game winning mechanics ...but the cheats for Counselor/Jason and the console trainers are just eh

6. Loop back to point 3 makes the situation worse as these types didn't care before, so they don't care now when normal games take forever to fill because the modded lobbies suck in most of the players, then the modded lobbies take forever to get the match actually started (as people constantly join and leave once they realize its those shit lobbies), only so people who might actually want to play a normal game, can then quickly leave and hit quick play in hopes of joining a normal lobby or hosting their own normal lobby

Add it all up and PC is definitely near the end. People can talk about playing with friends or the private match feature but the playerbase is pretty low on PC and the problem with friends in this game is as always, a good chunk of them still play the teaming game or the preference game, which is basically teaming lite.

Can't speak for console, but they enjoy the luxury of no modded lobbies so im sure that's a bonus.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

5.  .but the cheats for Counselor/Jason and the console trainers are just eh

You're right, console gamers are the luckiest. If I had known I would have played from the start on ps4. Too bad the clothing pack code doesn't work on console, it would have motivated me to start a character again while waiting for a next game.  😔

• Like 1

As long as the game is playable, even in single player, it’s still alive. Shoot, I still play the NES Friday the 13th game, and it’s still alive and well on emulators. 
That being said, the only issues I am really having are from players who take the game too seriously. The other night I was playing with some jerk accusing me of teaming, and he was talking trash to players in the lobby even though he was a grown man and he was playing with kids. He committed suicide when I was Jason, so I made the game like High Rise invasion and tried to make everyone commit suicide 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On Xbox the player base seems to be just as large as it was before the dedicated server was shut down.  The problem is more about the quality of gameplay than it is activity level of the player base. 

Since the server was shut down I find it is actually easier to get into a QP match (Private Matches haven't really changed as they were already P2P).  And probably the best thing to happen since the server was shut down is that you no longer have your lobby shuffled after every match.  So if you actually find a lobby of fun players you don't have to worry about being shuffled into a new lobby.  All the players will stay in that lobby until they quit or are disconnected (which unfortunately happens A LOT).   The most important thing in P2P QP is making sure  you have a good host.  If you have a good host and decent ping then the game is just as fun as it was before, imo.

• Like 2

Meh, everything tyrant666 mentioned has been around since day 1 on PC (except for modded lobbies of course).

F13 has ALWAYS had a small player base on PC by the way.

The end will come eventually. I'd rather enjoy the game in the meantime.

• Like 5

On 4/1/2021 at 10:11 AM, Laotian Lam said:

I find it funny that 2 people voted that they don't play it anymore.  Then why on earth are they still coming to this forum?  :huh:

I am one of them. But I'll give it a try today since pretty much everyone said nothing has changed. I wanted to know if coming back was worth it.

Unfortunately, this game has now become a waste of time. Today 6 games in a row ended with the host leaving. Roaring kids and unable to lose host players almost everywhere.

It was a fun game while it lasted. It is a shame it was ruined by hackers. Had it not been for them, I would probably still be playing from time to time. I haven't played since February.

Played a couple matches yesterday. Situation on the console community is way bettet than I expected. In less than 7 minuts I could filll lobbies. I also played with people from other continents so sometimes my ping was like 250ms, but that's ok. Definetively not impossible to find a match with good ping tho. Game's still barely surviving. Impressive.

It’s seriously hard to understand why someone wants to be a host if they can’t stand being killed. He knows exactly that he will also kill the others' game by quitting. I don’t care if someone who doesn’t host quits if Jason kills him or gets trapped and there’s no spray. I don’t wait for the game to end either if I’m unlucky and Jason gets close to me at the beginning and neither pocket knife nor spray, but I don’t ruin others ’play. It wouldn’t even be a problem if it were rarer, but unfortunately it’s common these days.

• Like 1