Hi all,

When I experience long delays finding a lobby via Quick Play I resort to playing against bots, to pass some time. Last night I was playing against seven bots on Pinehurst. I had them set on easy. Towards the end of the round I was really surprised to find a dead body as I entered one of the cabins. I checked against that counsellor's name and saw that their cause of death was suicide.

Now I'm not suggesting that the bot deliberately killed themselves to deprive me of the kill (as many human players do)...but in countless offline games I have never seen that before. I couldn't even work out how the bot died until I noticed a counsellor-set bear trap stuck to their foot. It's very rare that the bots set traps (I've only seen it around 3 times). I suppose this bot must have set the trap, walked through it, reset the trap, walked through it again...and repeated this until death. Weird.

Has anybody ever seen a bot suicide (presumably by accident)?

Thanks,

Matt P

I've seen it (I periodically do the same thing in the situation you describe). I couldn't swear to it (or prove it), but it seems like this kind of thing started happening around the time the update went in to fix the Jarvis House bots a little over a year ago. That's when I began noticing it anyway. Doesn't seem to happen too often though. And you're probably correct in your thinking that the bot set a trap, stupidly walked into it, and rinsed/repeated until unintended death.

You have to smash all windows throughout the game and chase them. They won't tell the difference between a broken window or not

E53C50AEC6D49972A51B78A223143207F5CA629B

They get caught in a loop, not unlike the one where they open and close the same door. In and out of a broken window until they die.

It happens 🤷‍♀️