Teamers blow dead bears... period. There is no arguing with this. If you are relatively new to the game (believe it or not, we do indeed still get new players) you probably know what teaming is, but might not know how to spot it. 

1) Don't automatically assume 'teaming' just because Jason passed over someone else in favor of you. There are several legit reasons why this may be, but its usually because you have the sweater, are a female in a lobby full of Jason-killers, or are one of the few, if not only, repair counselors. 

2) Use the mini-map to keep an eye on the cars location if it's nearby and in motion. Be wary of running out to meet the car if you don't know who's driving. If the car is coming in your direction after you've gotten out of the road, you may need to go inside/behind a fence/on a rock/etc...

3) A female counselor who runs for the sweater early but is seen carrying a car part is most likely wearing it just to prevent Jason from being killed (if Tommy is dead or hasn't been called, she may actually be trying to escape). In addition, if a sweater-wearing counselor doesn't activate it despite Tommy or other counselors signalling her to use it and complete the kill, she may be teaming, but she also may be inexperienced and unsure of what to do. If she waits until the kill is no longer possible and THEN uses it, it's a clear indicator of teaming.

4) A counselor leading Jason near your location isn't uncommon, but if you're inside a tent, closet, or under a bed, it's time to go, as she is likely leading Jason to yours and other counselor's hiding places.

5) Running around with repair parts doesn't necessarily mean they're teaming, but if no attempt is made to repair the vehicle despite close proximity to it for several minutes, then teaming is likely to be the reason why.

6) Closing opened windows and unlocking doors as Jason approaches the cabin should be considered a red flag that signals teaming.

7)  If during an attempt to kill Jason you notice a counselor following very close by (and said counselor is not part of the attempt), consider having sweater-girl wait until you are able to put distance between them and Jason. Hitting Jason either just before or just after Tommy has a high chance of ruining the kill (often referred to as "double-tapping")

😎 If (while inside a vehicle) the driver seems to intentionally be driving very slow or poorly, it is possible said driver is stalling so Jason has time to reach the car. If a car deliberately runs into Jason and he moves to grab someone other than the driver, it is highly likely they're teaming.

If you have any of your own, share them.

• Thanks 1

1. If you see several players hanging around an objective, usually the car, and the person with, let's say, the battery starts to put it in, and then purposely fucks up the prompt and starts spamming it. I think they call it 'sounding the alarm'. Jason shows up and starts going after anyone and everyone but the person with the part, and it's a big double red flag if he starts chasing after the person you know has the keys... Especially if Jason's teamer buddy swoops in and grabs the keys as soon as they drop. This is as blatant and obvious sign of teaming that I've seen, and one of the few where there's absolutely no grey area. 

2. Fuck driving directly into Jason. How about when someone drives up right next to Jason and let's him pull the passenger out like he just had take-out delivered. Admittedly, I have seen trolls do this too, but 90% of the time, this is a pure teamer thing. 

Thanks for this post, it's a good list. It also highlights why it can be difficult for some people to identify actual teaming. Pretty much everything you listed can also be perpetrated by pure trolls, and sometimes Jason is just an innocent bystander. Teaming discussions have always been interesting to me. I've had at least 40 messages in my inbox over the years accusing me of teaming when I've never actually participated in teaming that wasn't retaliatory. Some of the accusations I get, others I'm still waiting for a coherent explanation as to how the hell I was teaming.  

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

2) Use the mini-map to keep an eye on the cars location if it's nearby and in motion. Be wary of running out to meet the car if you don't know who's driving. If thes car is coming in your direction after you've gotten out of the road, you may need to go inside/behind a fence/on a rock/etc...

7)  If during an attempt to kill Jason you notice a counselor following very close by (and said counselor is not part of the attempt), consider having sweater-girl wait until you are able to put distance between them and Jason. Hitting Jason either just before or just after Tommy has a high chance of ruining the kill (often referred to as "double-tapping")

Teaming aside, 2 & 7 are just good advice in general. Always be wary of cars if you don't know whose driving, and I always get nervous during a kill when there's randoms loitering about. Lost a few kills to overzealous noobs who swing late or some idiot who tries to knock him to his knees with a machete. I usually try to get either Tommy of Sweater Girl separated from the crowd first before we go for it. 

It's a pretty awesome feeling though when you kill a teaming Jason right under his cheating friends noses.

7 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Fuck driving directly into Jason. How about when someone drives up right next to Jason and let's him pull the passenger out like he just had take-out delivered. Admittedly, I have seen trolls do this too, but 90% of the time, this is a pure teamer thing. 

Ironically, I've had counselors do that exact thing when I was Jason. A couple of dick-waffles were blatantly teaming and made no attempt to be subtle about it. I was Jason next round and had one of the non-teamers drive that asshole right up to me and stop the car. To add insult to injury, some of the others ran over and started furiously tea-bagging her as I was killing her.

• Haha 1