HaHaTrumpWon

So I started working on an F13 fan-game...

A long while back I started experimenting with using RPG Maker to make hypothetical F13-related maps (just for shits and/or giggles). Some of you seemed to like them, and that gave me the idea of making an actual fan-game. After thinking it over, I decided to do it, but wanted to see if there was any interest in it before getting too deep into it.

Let me say upfront that no, it's NOT going to be an RPG (though it is made with RPG Maker software). After giving it some thought, I concluded that there was no way (at least for me) to make an actual F13 RPG that didn't sound stupid as shit. Instead, it would be narrative-based, similar to Until Dawn or Heavy Rain, but with less QTE's and more decision-making. This should give you a rough idea of what I'm talking about:

Well, what do you guys think?

• Like 3

I've never been into those type of games, but watching the gameplay footage I can see there's a lot of effort put into it and I think alot of people will dig it. When does it take place in relation to the films? Or does it take place in its own little timeline?

Interesting. Before this game came into existence, when I thought about what a new Friday the 13th game could look like, it was something a lot like this... Like what Clock Tower was trying to do, but played more like a modern Horror Survival/Exploration game with a lot the appeal in all the different ways Jason could kill you if you fucked up and made the wrong choices. Of course I never imagined it in a 16-bit JRPG style. 😂 I can dig that though, I'd be interested  in seeing where you go with it.

3 hours ago, MyersVoorhees said:

I've never been into those type of games, but watching the gameplay footage I can see there's a lot of effort put into it and I think alot of people will dig it. When does it take place in relation to the films? Or does it take place in its own little timeline?

It's pretty much in it's own timeline, but if it had to be part of the cannon timeline, it'd probably be 30 or so years after Pamela was killed. This would put it close enough to modern times to have cell phones, but not modern enough that everybody and their mother has smartphones.

Edit: I really want there to be two campaigns; one for counselors, and one for Jason. Not sure if that will work out, but it's what I'm hoping for.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Very clever @HaHaTrumpWon.

Which RPG Maker are you using in designing your fan game?

Vx Ace, but with MV character sprites. I didn't make the one for Jason, that one was by someone way better at pixel art than I am.

you made a severe mistake. you announced to the world that youre making it. should have waited instead for when you can say "i made a game". so when the inevitable C AND D letter arrives, the game is already in the wild.

@HaHaTrumpWon

Seems like a lot of work and effort to me you have already put  into the footage.

In General, I am more into Games, where you can only see from the Ego perspective (= Not what is behind your back, therefore it is difficult or Not for me to judge), but I like the „Until Dawn“ approach of Storytelling and the chirping crickets you can hear, when the Charakters are walking from cabin to cabin. A flickering lamppost could add more fear to the scene, maybe as a Suggestion After a few Minutes after the start of the game.

some thoughts: the Game Could Start with 10 counselors which you have to find on the map and ask for hints (weapons, items) and Every 2-3 Minutes 1 counselor Gets automatically Killed, so you have to Hurry up...

Very interesting, I’m definitely interested in seeing what you come up with. 

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Very interesting, I’m definitely interested in seeing what you come up with. 

I've been experimenting with setting Jason's sprite movement to "Move towards player" on high speed and frequency, and tweaking it so that every time it touches the player, they lose a certain amount of Life and there's a slash animation and red flash (to indicate you're taking damage). The problem with this is if you're in a space that's even remotely cramped/confined, you're going to die in about 5 seconds. 

Look forward to the next part, very impressed with what I’ve seen so far. It’s recognizable and even kinda fun. Better dialog than some of the movies.