gettodachappa

Not to sound like an idiot but what is naming and shaming?

I heard this term used in a lot of threads and i dont know what that means. Anyone care to tell me what that means?

It means you can't directly call out other players for cheating/teaming etc. either directly by username in a post, or via video where that players name is displayed for the purpose of shaming them. Basic example, you can't create a post or thread accusing @I'm Not a Goalie of cheating or post an accompanying video displaying said cheating with my gamer tag prominently displayed. That would be considered Naming and Shaming.

• Thanks 1

i thought that was the point? matt said if you caught a cheater on video, to absolutely post the fuck out of that video.

7 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

i thought that was the point? matt said if you caught a cheater on video, to absolutely post the fuck out of that video.

Maybe via other avenues, but not the forum. Granted, I don't know how much leeway they give to videos, I error on the side of caution and try not to show names regardless, but you can't directly call out or accuse someone of cheating or teaming by name. Several months ago, someone created a tread specifically to call out two long time users for teaming/cheating, and that thread was completely deleted a couple of hours later. Not locked, just gone. The poster got around it by creating another thread without directly naming anyone, and that one was allowed to stay open. But yeah, no Naming and Shaming was one of the first things I learned when I joined the forums.

21 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

I think using jasonkillsbugs was the method meant for reporting cheaters.

@I'm Not a Goalie, I know the thread you referencing.

• Like 2