HaHaTrumpWon

WTF is up with Jason going intangible?

So I just finished a game where I was Tommy and our groups dedicated Sweater Girl died after Jason grabbed her and my swing went right through him even though it was clearly close enough to make contact. No one was lagging, and I was literally right behind him (in the open, not in a cabin). Is this new, or has it been around and I just never noticed?

Was it a combat stance swing or a regular swing? Regular swings tend to have unreliable and weird hitboxes at times.

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

So I just finished a game where I was Tommy and our groups dedicated Sweater Girl died after Jason grabbed her and my swing went right through him even though it was clearly close enough to make contact. No one was lagging, and I was literally right behind him (in the open, not in a cabin). Is this new, or has it been around and I just never noticed?

Most likely ping related. We get a lot of swing throughs in private matches if the host has bad internet or our ping is high.

I haven't had it happen to me, but I had someone message me once to complain that a swing went through me while I was Jason. I dismissed it as saltiness since he was accusing me of performing a glitch to make it happen, and that I somehow glitched the car out when all I did was shift in front of a driver driving erratically. 

This is going to sound like a lazy answer, but if you're certain the issue wasn't ping related, sometimes weird stuff just happens, especially in P2P. I once tried to save a counselor, heard the blade make contact and watched as Jason still got the kill off, but as soon as the animation ended, Jason recoiled as if he'd just been stunned. Bit of a delayed reaction there... I've recently been grabbed while wearing the sweater, only for it to mysteriously disappear during the PK animation. I've seen ghost counselors stuck on drawers that weren't really there, and one time had an A.J. fire a shotgun in the opposite direction of where I was standing and I still hit the ground like a ton of bricks... And I'm 99.9% sure there wasn't another shooter on the grassy knoll. Yeah, sometimes weird shit just happens, and you never see anything like it again.

10 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Had this happen a few times 

I just rewatched the clip. We're inside the shack but not crammed into a corner and I was literally pressed against Jason's back when the swing started, so he was definitely in range.

'Also. this is unrelated, but what the fuck is up with Jason constantly Shifting and teleporting all over the map? i don't have the video for this one but last night a part 7 seemed to be constantly spamming Shift and/or Morph (the little sound effect you hear when P7 shows up was going off repeatedly and he used Shift twice in a span of ten seconds)?

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Also. this is unrelated, but what the fuck is up with Jason constantly Shifting and teleporting all over the map? i don't have the video for this one but last night a part 7 seemed to be constantly spamming Shift and/or Morph (the little sound effect you hear when P7 shows up was going off repeatedly and he used Shift twice in a span of ten seconds)?

I would imagine it was a combination of shift stalk and morph. It'd all happen relatively fast during rage if you alternated between shift and morph when one cool down or the other was halfway charged. I know there are ways to cancel vhs static but as far as I know there's no way to bypass cool downs on console.

On 3/4/2021 at 10:28 PM, Somethin Cool said:

I would imagine it was a combination of shift stalk and morph. It'd all happen relatively fast during rage if you alternated between shift and morph when one cool down or the other was halfway charged. I know there are ways to cancel vhs static but as far as I know there's no way to bypass cool downs on console.

He was Shifting and Morphing far too much to be explained by low cool down times. This douchebag was straight up cheating his ass off. I know what using Stalk, Shift, and Morph in rapid succession looks like and this asshole was going much too fast for this to be the case.

Well if were on PC which I know you aren't I'd say it was a hacker. Maybe the hackers have found a way to hack the consoles now as well. You can't blame lag on shifting too quickly  after he just used it.

6 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Well if were on PC which I know you aren't I'd say it was a hacker. Maybe the hackers have found a way to hack the consoles now as well. You can't blame lag on shifting too quickly  after he just used it.

I wish I'd had bothered to save it. Ass-clown would have died if he'd had to play fair.