gettodachappa

Why do people hate being killed as jason?

Grab sweater, tommy has the axe or machete, jason goes hiding underwater or tries to avoid em, bam we stun jason with the sweater then jason rage quits.

Why are jasons leaving so often because they are being killed

Because it is humiliating to them and makes them angry. 

If a low-level Jason gets trolled and then killed, I got no problem with them rage quitting.  It is understandable.   Vet Jasons should have a thicker skin about it but whatever.  The game would be over anyhow so it doesn't bother me at all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Laotian Lam said:

If a low-level Jason gets trolled and then killed, I got no problem with them rage quitting.  It is understandable.   Vet Jasons should have a thicker skin about it but whatever.  The game would be over anyhow so it doesn't bother me at all.

From my experience, veteran jasons are the ones rage quitting more 

• Like 2

Because it's too easy to "scam" Jason.  There has always been the Stigma of being killed as Jason, but over time, players realize that it's the easier win condition.  Sweater is always at a known location and, despite several buffs to Jason, dev's never changed the fact that his mask can be removed at the start of the game.  So long as a competent player is given Tommy, it's very easy to pull a fast one on even a skilled Jason.  My method has been always to guard against the kill, mainly knocking Tommy's Radio out, even at the cost of cars or police call.  My rationality is you lose more kills allowing them to take control of the map (sweater + Tommy) early and kill Jason than you would unchallenging car escape or police which give you, usually, 5 mins still to kill counselors.

It can be a humiliating feeling, but also a learning experience. Figure out where you screwed up the last time, and don't make that mistake again. Over-zealous kills squads don't help matters, but there's still no excuse to bitch out of the match if you get killed. You're no better than a rage-quitting counselor and you're not gaining anything by leaving or taking much away from anybody else. (Unless you're the host I guest) You still lose, and you just make yourself look like a pussy. I can't remember the last time I've been part of a kill squad where anyone's gotten angry that Jason left. Just laughter at how pathetic Jason looks for leaving.  

....Because he isn't supposed to be killed so easy?    A coordinated group of counselors can kill even a 150 Jason pretty easy.  Its easier  to kill Pussy Jason in this game than step on a bug.  This has been the game's main problem for some time.   Too easy to demask him and too easy to kill him if you have at least 3 counselors working in tandem (Thankfully its rare in QP) .  Counselors should NEVER be out hunting Jason.   Sure you can just "scam bag" and go hide in the water but who wants to do that? 

Understandable killing newbie Jasons.  But even veteran Jasons are generally no match for a veteran lobby that are circling you and the others going for Objectives at the same time .  I get it you don't want Jason too overpowered but  they should make it far more difficult to get the mask off.  Nerfing the grab I noticed increased the consistency he is now killed.  That terrible grab (I call it the slow woman lunge) only leaves you open to get smacked around thus getting your mask off quicker.  You have to be balls on with grab and you cant lunge too much at the air.   Prior to the change some 4-5 patches back, I wasn't seeing him get killed nearly as much. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

It can be a humiliating feeling, but also a learning experience. Figure out where you screwed up the last time, and don't make that mistake again. Over-zealous kills squads don't help matters, but there's still no excuse to bitch out of the match if you get killed. You're no better than a rage-quitting counselor and you're not gaining anything by leaving or taking much away from anybody else. (Unless you're the host I guest) You still lose, and you just make yourself look like a pussy. I can't remember the last time I've been part of a kill squad where anyone's gotten angry that Jason left. Just laughter at how pathetic Jason looks for leaving.  

There also seems that a lot of people defending jason rage quitting while being killed so i thought it was ridiculous

11 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

In my experience, I'd say vet Jason's rage-quit more because they have a lot of ego and confidence at being at a good Jason so when they get killed it hits harder than a noobie dying. 

11 hours ago, DorianRo said:

...Because he isn't supposed to be killed so easy?    A coordinated group of counselors can kill even a 150 Jason pretty easy.  Its easier  to kill Pussy Jason in this game than step on a bug.  This has been the game's main problem for some time.   Too easy to demask him and too easy to kill him if you have at least 3 counselors working in tandem (Thankfully its rare in QP) .  Counselors should NEVER be out hunting Jason.

BINGO!!!!! We have a winner!!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DorianRo said:

....Because he isn't supposed to be killed so easy?    A coordinated group of counselors can kill even a 150 Jason pretty easy.  Its easier  to kill Pussy Jason in this game than step on a bug.  This has been the game's main problem for some time.   Too easy to demask him and too easy to kill him if you have at least 3 counselors working in tandem (Thankfully its rare in QP) .  Counselors should NEVER be out hunting Jason.   Sure you can just "scam bag" and go hide in the water but who wants to do that? 

Understandable killing newbie Jasons.  But even veteran Jasons are generally no match for a veteran lobby that are circling you and the others going for Objectives at the same time .  I get it you don't want Jason too overpowered but  they should make it far more difficult to get the mask off.  Nerfing the grab I noticed increased the consistency he is now killed.  That terrible grab (I call it the slow woman lunge) only leaves you open to get smacked around thus getting your mask off quicker.  You have to be balls on with grab and you cant lunge too much at the air.   Prior to the change some 4-5 patches back, I wasn't seeing him get killed nearly as much. 

Pretty much.  Even with Jason's offensive deficiencies, he can still work around and effectively kill counselors.  The problem has been Jason is afforded very few mistakes or suffer easy demask especially with Tommy or Buggy involved.  The slight changes to the mask does help a little, but it's not going to stop a squad that has little trouble killing Jason before the buff.  I've made my plea here to the devs to consider delaying demask until after rage, but they were against it for some reason.   I guess giving Jason unrestricted grace from being killed early was somehow too OP by the Dev's account.   I suspect that they really did wanted the game to tilt in favor counselors since making a groups of players happy keeps them playing than giving more wins to Big J. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, gettodachappa said:

There also seems that a lot of people defending jason rage quitting while being killed so i thought it was ridiculous

I'm not defending rage-quitting Jasons.  I am just saying it doesn't bother me at all if they do.  The match has ended anyhow so if Jason wants to quit and go sulk then whatever.  It literally has no impact on anyone else other than getting the glory of killing Jason. 

The fact that there is a thread about this means that those rage-quitting Jasons accomplished what they wanted to. 

I've been killed twice as Jason and probably another two times the kill bugged out. I did not bother me either time. Though I've have seen two players stop playing with me because they were killed as Jason. Kind of sad.

I've killed Jason and been killed as Jason. It's all in the spirit of the game.

People who rage quit as Jason may eventually stop and come to terms with it, one day.

• Like 4

A couple of nights ago, we killed a max-level p6 five minutes into the round. He didn't bitch or whine, and he didn't quit on us. The very next round, he gave me his PK and dropped Jason to his knees for me because the axe was worn out and probably would have broken if I'd had to do it.

THAT'S how you handle getting killed by counselors. You don't get butthurt, cry, and rage-quit, you man the fuck up and go help them kill the next one. Nothing screams 'salty little bitch' more than someone who doesn't even have the balls to finish out the round.