Curious as to what people think. What is harder to do against a good Jason. Escaping him(by anything car, boat, cops stn) or killing him.  And lets say you for this question you re in a group. of at least 2 including yourself.

Its so aggervating to hear the same thread over and over again people complaining that Jason is too easy to kill.

Jason is not to easy to kill.

The Devs have tweeked and tweeked Jason with Rage mode to making the mask more difficult to remove.

Why do people whine so much about being killed as Jason.

People dont seem to think being killed as a counselor is bad.

I Dont agree with people that want to argue that Friday the 13th is Jason's game and Jason is the star of the show.

I Play the game to hunt Jason and demask him and kill him just like in the movies.

1 hour ago, Strigoi said:

Play the game to hunt Jason and demask him and kill him just like in the movies.

You should be playing on PC, it must be fun playing with you  😁

• Like 1

There are a lot of variables you have to consider, like maps, perks, counselor, and Jason types and play style. To keep it simple though,  it's usually harder to escape. A good Jason is going to be putting constant pressure on you when he knows what objective you're trying to push, especially if your group neglected to include a repair counselor. When playing with my group, we've had a number of matches were we decided to try and kill a max-level Jason simply because we felt like it was our best option to win the match... And this game should've never gotten to the point where a counselor team ever goes into a match feeling that killing Jason is their easiest option. One of my favorite matches was watching an entire of lobby of LV20 noobs, and yes by the they were playing you could tell they were actually inexperienced, basically back their way into accidentally killing a max-level P2 Jason. Jason wasn't even necessarily playing that badly, this was just one of those case where that noob over-aggressiveness actually paid off. You could almost see the confusion on Tommy's face when Jason dropped to this knees, and the moment of clarity when he finally noticed the kill button had popped up. The kids with the mics started freaking out like they'd won the Super Bowl. I didn't lift a damn finger during the entire match, just watched and laughed my ass off as this group of noobs dumbassed their way to a Jason Kill. This was pre-mask buff of course, which just illustrates how easy it was to kill Jason back then. Still, the most dangerous thing Jason can encounter in this game is not one individual player or counselor, but a well coordinated group of counselors that know what they're doing regardless of what their objective is.

Still, the question really varies on a match to match basis. Even among good Jason's, there are miles of difference in some of their skill levels, and some Jason's guard against the kill better than others. Some good Jason's will have trouble catching the car if the driver is really skilled, and there's not much Jason can do if a 150 Deb finds a PK and the fuse in the same house she spawns in. It's hard to make a blanket statement on which is harder, because it just depends. I will say that any top level Jason should be able to handle a two-person squad most of the time. Three or more, and then match flow becomes much more of a factor.

• Like 2

As the previous poster said, each match is different and it depends on what Jason and the other Counselors are up to.  But assuming everyone in the match is at least playing as intended, I would rank them as follows from easiest to hardest.

1 - Escape by Cops

2 - Escape by Car

3a - Survive the night

3b - Escape by Boat. (assuming it isn't a "-swim speed" Jason)

3c - Kill Jason

The cops are by far the easiest way to win.  The car isn't too far behind.  But I'd say Surviving the night, Killing Jason and escaping by the boat are all around the same difficulty.  Again, it all depends on Jason's playstyle and how much the other counselors help you.    Overall I would say killing Jason is the hardest because it 100% requires help from another counselor.  The rest don't. 

• Thanks 1

If it is a lobby full of experienced Jason hunters  then of course killing Jason is by far the easiest win condition. If you think killing Jason is hard,I suggest you go watch some of Slash and Cast's older videos where they hunt Jason and they have faced some very good Jason players. Surviving the night is by far the hardest "win" condition unless it's a totally  noob Jason player or by using a map glitch spot that Jason can't get to.

18 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

his game should've never gotten to the point where a counselor team ever goes into a match feeling that killing Jason is their easiest option

1000% agree. Killing Jason should be a last ditch option for ANY group regardless of skill level. As much as Strigoi wants it to be, the game is not called Safari Hunt Jason although it could be as it stands right now.

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

If it is a lobby full of experienced Jason hunters  then of course killing Jason is by far the easiest win condition. If you think killing Jason is hard,I suggest you go watch some of Slash and Cast's older videos where they hunt Jason and they have faced some very good Jason players. Surviving the night is by far the hardest "win" condition unless it's a totally  noob Jason player or by using a map glitch spot that Jason can't get to.

If that same group of Jason hunters decided to put their efforts towards fixing the phone, car, boat, or survive the night then the escape scenarios would be just as easy to achieve as killing Jason.  In fact it would be extremely easy to escape.

So while yes, killing Jason is quite easy if a group of experience players put their minds to it.  NO, it does not make it easier than the other win conditions.  The Jason hunters don't try to escape or survive the night so they don't help the argument one way or the other.

• Like 1

Absolute Hardest Way to Win

- Escaping in the boat as a passenger, AFTER it has already left the dock. (ie - someone else is driving the boat and stops to pick you up.)

I was thinking about it and I can only remember ever swimming out to the boat to be picked up and taken to safety once.  Escaping by the boat is hard enough.  Having someone in the boat actually stop for you is about 1 in 1000 chance.  Being able to swim out to the boat, climb in and escape, even if it does stop for you is literally the least likely way a counselor can win.

On 2/28/2021 at 7:55 AM, Strigoi said:

Its so aggervating to hear the same thread over and over again people complaining that Jason is too easy to kill.

The Devs have tweeked and tweeked Jason with Rage mode to making the mask more difficult to remove.

I Dont agree with people that want to argue that Friday the 13th is Jason's game and Jason is the star of the show.

I Play the game to hunt Jason and demask him and kill him just like in the movies.

Are you playing against good players / teams ?  Jason stands 0 chance against them . 

4 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

1000% agree. Killing Jason should be a last ditch option for ANY group regardless of skill level. As much as Strigoi wants it to be, the game is not called Safari Hunt Jason although it could be as it stands right now.

Strigoi almost got me with his Jason isn't the star of the show take. He's the only person I know who consistently complains that Jason is too hard to kill. I've had to resort to going solo in QP and unplugging my mic since the randomness of unknowns in QP lobbies are the only legitimate way I've found to make killing Jason somewhat more difficult.

On 2/28/2021 at 5:25 AM, Ih8teamers said:

What is harder to do against a good Jason

Define "good" Jason. I know some that you could really consider it an accomplishment to escape or kill.

On 2/28/2021 at 6:55 AM, Strigoi said:

The average Jason is ridiculously easy to kill. But it's usually their own fault that they die.

On 2/28/2021 at 11:01 AM, I'm Not a Goalie said:

There are a lot of variables you have to consider, like maps, perks, counselor, and Jason types and play style. To keep it simple though,  it's usually harder to escape

Jason can't be 7 places at once. He's not that hard to escape.

On 2/28/2021 at 2:14 PM, Laotian Lam said:

1 - Escape by Cops

2 - Escape by Car

3a - Survive the night

3b - Escape by Boat. (assuming it isn't a "-swim speed" Jason)

3c - Kill Jason

Car then, cops, kill, and stn (all tied for second easiest), then boat in pubs. Car/boat, kill, cops, then stn in private matches against top tier Jason's.

On 2/28/2021 at 2:14 PM, Laotian Lam said:

Surviving the night,

Stn is easy in pubs. The average Jason doesn't know how to deal with a highly skilled Vanessa.

12 hours ago, bryanp3692 said:

Are you playing against good players / teams ?  Jason stands 0 chance against them . 

I wouldn't say zero chance. But it's definitely harder. The average Jason would definitely be in trouble.

Jason is not to easy to kill. Some people will agree, and others won't. It's a matter of perspective.

Those changes were made because of feedback. Read through some of our past topics.

The same reason people whine about not having enough weapons to fight Jason with.

Let's consider seven counselors and one Jason of similar skill. Counselors will die more than Jason will.

Ok, here's a question. Who is the star of the F13 movies with titles such as "Jason Takes Manhattan", "Jason Goes to Hell",

"Jason Lives", or "Jason X"?

The game was based on elements from these movies, and without our hockey-masked slasher, we wouldn't have much of a game.

No one is saying that Jason is meant to win 100% of the time.

A lot of people play for that same reason.

I've played against a variety of Jason players. Some are more skilled or experienced than others. The challenge of defeating Jason depends on their moves, and your own. It could also depend on what other players are doing in the match as well. If beating Jason is too hard for you, escaping or surviving the night are options.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Delusional as ever, I see. 

On 3/1/2021 at 8:49 AM, Laotian Lam said:

The Jason hunters don't try to escape or survive the night so they don't help the argument one way or the o

If for some reason the kill is no longer an option, then yes, we try to escape. Usually it's via police, but if that's not really working out, then STN is our Plan B. It's worth mentioning that we rarely have to resort to it, as the vast majority of the time we succeed in killing Jason. If we don't, it is almost always due to either an incompetent SG or Tommy, or Jason's babysitting the radio cabin the whole 20 minutes. 

Is Jason too easy to kill? Well, if a picture's worth a 1000 words, a video's worth a million.

That was a 150, by the way, and we pulled it off with two people (counting myself). 

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If for some reason the kill is no longer an option, then yes, we try to escape. Usually it's via police, but if that's not really working out, then STN is our Plan B. It's worth mentioning that we rarely have to resort to it, as the vast majority of the time we succeed in killing Jason. If we don't, it is almost always due to either an incompetent SG or Tommy, or Jason's babysitting the radio cabin the whole 20 minutes. 

I agree that Jason hunters will actually try and escape if their attempt to kill Jason fails.  The point I was making is that people don't kill Jason because it is easier than escaping.   They kill Jason because they WANT to.  If Jason hunters WANTED to escape instead of killing Jason it would be very easy to do so.  Much easier than killing Jason. 

I agree that Jason is way too easy to kill but when people say it is easier than escaping they are exaggerating. In certain scenarios, yes it can be easier.  But on average fixing the phone and running to police is by far the easiest way for counselors to survive.  And it isn't even close.

51 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

I agree that Jason is way too easy to kill but when people say it is easier than escaping they are exaggerating. In certain scenarios, yes it can be easier.  But on average fixing the phone and running to police is by far the easiest way for counselors to survive.  And it isn't even close.

I think a lot of it has to do with Jason's skill level. If he's high level and well-experienced with kill-squads, it would probably be easier to just go for the police. If it's a baby-Jason who doesn't know what he's doing, killing him would be easier than escaping. If most of the lobby is dead before any real progress is made towards completing objectives, killing him would be easier than trying to run around finding parts. If you're trying to fix a car or the phone but keep getting run off by a Jason who is more-or-less camping it and making repairs extremely difficult, it's easier to just kill him than it is to successfully lure him away so they can be completed.

Think of it this way. If counselors start the car, they still have to evade any attempts made to stop them from reaching the exit. Same with the phone... yeah, you completed the objective and got the cops called, but you've still got to make it to the police exit before Jason kills you. If you're going for STN, then just like with the vehicles and phone, you don't win just because you finished the objective... you still have work to put in before you actually escape.

Now look at killing Jason. Sure, you're going to have to get the sweater and demask him, but once that's done, you literally don't have to do shit from then on. You can stand around having a dance party and still win. Now, Jason is the one having to put in extra work. All you have to do is just stand there and press a single button. Whether or not you've been making any repairs or failing any skill checks no longer matters, nor does it matter how well you can drive or kite Jason around the map. Your jobs basically done. All you have to do is just wait for him to show up, and even if he doesn't, you've still won without having to lift a finger. What could be easier than that?

5 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

I agree that Jason hunters will actually try and escape if their attempt to kill Jason fails.  The point I was making is that people don't kill Jason because it is easier than escaping.   They kill Jason because they WANT to.  If Jason hunters WANTED to escape instead of killing Jason it would be very easy to do so.  Much easier than killing Jason. 

I get the point you're trying to make, and it's not a bad one at all. I can say though that, when playing with my squad, there's been quite a few matches where we've decided to kill Jason because we did feel like it was our best option to win. Sometimes from the loading screen when we see the composition of the team in the lobby, and sometimes because Jason is so far up our ass while trying to get the fuse or car fixed, we decided fuck it, let's just kill him. Once that decisions been made, the match goes from being a stalemate to Jason getting an axe in his head in pretty quick fashion. Most Jason's that can be classified as 'good' tend to be good at objective control... It's hard to consider someone a good Jason if they're routinely letting Counselors escape on them. There's far fewer that are really good at defending against the kill... I can confess that I might be a little bit bias since I've killed Jason so often that it might just feel easier, but personal experience is all I have to go by, and I've had far more Jason's give me trouble calling the cops or getting the car out than I've had trouble with Jason's I'm trying to kill.

I will say this... As someone whose played quite a bit both solo and with friends, when I play alone the answer is flipped. Killing Jason is by far more difficult than escaping going solo, it's the main reason I do it, because it is harder. In my squad though, unless Jason plays perfect, we can pretty much kill him at will.

We talk about this game a lot like it's fairly formulaic, but there's more variables and luck involved than people want to admit. 

5 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I think a lot of it has to do with Jason's skill level. If he's high level and well-experienced with kill-squads, it would probably be easier to just go for the police. If it's a baby-Jason who doesn't know what he's doing, killing him would be easier than escaping. If most of the lobby is dead before any real progress is made towards completing objectives, killing him would be easier than trying to run around finding parts. If you're trying to fix a car or the phone but keep getting run off by a Jason who is more-or-less camping it and making repairs extremely difficult, it's easier to just kill him than it is to successfully lure him away so they can be completed.

Completely agree with all of this. 

All depends on the lobby at the end of the day.  I dont care how good a Jason you are, you are no match  for a coordinated group of experienced Jason hunters of 4-5 150s with Vanessas and sluggers circling the shit out of you.  (mainly because of the nerfed grab 4-5 patches back that was implemented but they are generally rare in QP from my experience.  I'll see literally maybe 3  matches BEST of a coordinate group of counselors on the PS4 in maybe 3-4 months.  thats AT BEST.  ).   Back in the day (maybe 3 years ago)  as Jason, you could put down the kill squads easier with the Shift/Force grab and quick choke animation kills but they are made it much more difficult since. 

Now, Your only hope is morphing to the correct "Tommy box" and trapping the crap out of it but unless you bother looking before the match starts of the level you're up against, you'll trap the phone and cars/boats first)  . .  So if you happen to be in one, its going to be far easier to kill him.  A good Jason isn't going to start hunting until all objectives are trapped.    But generally in QP, im stuck with garbage, (its mostly noobs on the PS4 these days and I just goof off as I have all my counselor badges) so generally get my deborah and bounce as quick as possible or just pick someone else and goof off while I'm watching Youtube videos. . .  In QP generally its easier to escape a good Jason.

But yea I don't see many good QP Lobbies in this game any more. LOL!!!  You can half ass it and clear 90 percent of them most of the time.  You definitely don't need to be some prodigy Jason.   Maybe other systems sure.  But the PS4..  Yea forget it. 

kill jason.

as a stealth-focused character, i try to fix either the phone so everyone can escape, or fix the yellow car/boat and escape on my own. though i try to wait until tommy is on the scene so i dont have to replay the match.

9 out of 10 matches, nobody even cares to go for the sweater.