Jump to content

Looping. Fair or foul  

14 members have voted

  1. 1. This post was inspired by the slashing only poll

    • Fair
      11
    • Foul
      3


Recommended Posts

Whenever there is looping in a match, there always seems to be some sort of stigma like i had my fair share of jasons rage quitting or raging so hard and just downright salty i always get messages from jason players. I want to know what all of you think about that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Neither. As Jason I don't have any trouble dealing with loopers 99% of the time, and as a counselor I never bother. As an impartial observer, I don't see the point. Seems boring and doesn't take a whole lot of skill to pull off, but I don't exactly feel sorry for Jason's who fall for it either. Maybe a little sympathy for the noobs who don't know any better yet, but that's about it. I learned to deal with them the hard way. I try not to judge players strategies too harshly that aren't straight up cheating, whatever works for that player. Personal opinion though, as long as it's not your one and only strategy for surviving I don't really care. I prefer a good chess match that sometimes spans the entire map.

You have brought up looping quite a bit, so obliviously it's a considerable part of your game plan, enough at least for it to be a sensitive subject for you. A lot of players will look at this tactic as cheap or trolling if you use it extensively, so you're just going to have to deal with salty Jasons if you employ it regularly. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Neither. As Jason I don't have any trouble dealing with loopers 99% of the time, and as a counselor I never bother. As an impartial observer, I don't see the point. Seems boring and doesn't take a whole lot of skill to pull off, but I don't exactly feel sorry for Jason's who fall for it either. Maybe a little sympathy for the noobs who don't know any better yet, but that's about it. I learned to deal with them the hard way. I try not to judge players strategies too harshly that aren't straight up cheating, whatever works for that player. Personal opinion though, as long as it's not your one and only strategy for surviving I don't really care. I prefer a good chess match that sometimes spans the entire map.

You have brought up looping quite a bit, so obliviously it's a considerable part of your game plan, enough at least for it to be a sensitive subject for you. A lot of players will look at this tactic as cheap or trolling if you use it extensively, so you're just going to have to deal with salty Jasons if you employ it regularly. 

Looping is part of my strategy if im the only one left alive or if a jason is tunneling me other than that i dont loop that much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The way I see it looping is fair game, just a lazy strategy if you'd rather do that than try to escape or defeat Jason.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aurllcooljay said:

The way I see it looping is fair game, just a lazy strategy if you'd rather do that than try to escape or defeat Jason.

I consider the other people in a match. If a match can end quicker, I'd rather go that route.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know what is more annoying:  Loopers in the game or Loopers who create multiple threads on this forum looking for validation for their looping in the game.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2021 at 5:54 AM, Laotian Lam said:

I don't know what is more annoying:  Loopers in the game or Loopers who create multiple threads on this forum looking for validation for their looping in the game.

I certainly don't like to loop a lot, but if we're going to debate whether looping itself can be justified, consider this scenario:

I am in a match trying to find a way to escape, but the lobby is full of jerks who refuse to help. Now Jason has killed everyone else and found me, with just a few minutes left on the clock. Since the only way to survive the match is to loop, am I justified for doing so, or am I obligated to let Jason kill me since I failed to find another way to win?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2021 at 3:08 AM, aurllcooljay said:

The way I see it looping is fair game, just a lazy strategy if you'd rather do that than try to escape or defeat Jason.

I dont bother trying to escape anymore. It has become old. My first part of the plan is to get the sweater and kill jason if it doesn't work or tommy screwed up the kill looping will become my next option

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

I certainly don't like to loop a lot, but if we're going to debate whether looping itself can be justified, consider this scenario:

I am in a match trying to find a way to escape, but the lobby is full of jerks who refuse to help. Now Jason has killed everyone else and found me, with just a few minutes left on the clock. Since the only way to survive the match is to loop, am I justified for doing so, or am I obligated to let Jason kill me since I failed to find another way to win?

I disagree with your statement that, in your scenario, the only way to survive is to loop.  Your scenario is quite common and a lot of people are able to survive the match without resorting to looping.  I don't have a big issue with looping or anything.  I just find it lame (although not quite as lame as people's excuses for doing it) and as a spectator I would would end up leaving the lobby if someone was looping for more than a minute or two.  To me it is the same as hiding in a closet.  Sure, it's part of the game and there is technically nothing wrong with hiding or looping for as long as you want, but it makes the match boring and tends to cause lobbies to clear out.  And we all know how hard it is to find a decent lobby to begin with.  That is my main beef with tactics such as looping.

What would I do in your scenario?  Hop from cabin to cabin, scavenge for whatever items are left by dead bodies, campfires etc and see if I can survive.  In some cases if there is still a lot of time on the clock, I will probably just go find Jason myself and have a 1 on 1 showdown.  Ya he will kill me but whatevs.  Start a new match and game-on again, my friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is looping, Fair?!  LOL  Is this even a question?

Jason, Learn to shift!  Problem solved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 6:09 AM, Laotian Lam said:

I disagree with your statement that, in your scenario, the only way to survive is to loop.

What would I do in your scenario?  Hop from cabin to cabin, scavenge for whatever items are left by dead bodies, campfires etc and see if I can survive.  In some cases if there is still a lot of time on the clock, I will probably just go find Jason myself and have a 1 on 1 showdown.  Ya he will kill me but whatevs.  Start a new match and game-on again, my friends.

And couldn't cabin hopping (or juking in general) be seen as a form of looping? Although the 1 on 1 showdown sounds more noble than constant juking, I will give you that. 

On 2/26/2021 at 6:12 AM, GeneiJin said:

Jason, Learn to shift!  Problem solved.

Some players can be quite skilled at avoiding shift simply by moving around erratically. It would be a matter of luck if you can catch them, and that's if they aren't carrying around a pocket knife and/or health sprays, which for the expert loopers you can expect them to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

And couldn't cabin hopping (or juking in general) be seen as a form of looping? Although the 1 on 1 showdown sounds more noble than constant juking, I will give you nNthat. 

No, not exactly... Unless you're window hoping in and out of the same cabin then that could be considered looping, but then it's on Jason to figure out the pattern. Still, what do you think takes more skill? Taking Jason on a tour of the camp will leaving yourself exposed to running out of resources and Jason potentially outmaneuvering you, or running around a table for ten minutes against an inexperienced Jason who clearly doesn't know how to defend against this tactic? I know which is more fun, and it's not running in circles around furniture. Again, I don't really have a strong opinion about looping. Don't do it, and as Jason, it's a puzzle I figured out a long time ago, but I do know loopers are in the type 5 of player types that rage quit when you catch them. 

One thing I will say though, it's ridiculous for any counselor player to be expected to just give themselves up at the end of a match just because they're the only person left, unless its their choice too. They have every right to try and survive as long as possible. It's not their fault everyone else died, escaped too early, or some asshole left them behind with open seats left in the car. I've done both depending on my mood, though I do like to at least try to knock Jason's mask off before I let him have me. It's also why I practically have to be taken hostage to do a car escape anymore. Escaping in the first five minutes of the match is boring as hell, I'd rather try to survive as long as possible. If some people have to loop around furniture to do so, whatever floats your boat I guess. Running around in circles for ten minutes just looks boring as hell to me. 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

No, not exactly... Unless you're window hoping in and out of the same cabin then that could be considered looping, but then it's on Jason to figure out the pattern. Still, what do you think takes more skill? Taking Jason on a tour of the camp will leaving yourself exposed to running out of resources and Jason potentially outmaneuvering you, or running around a table for ten minutes against an inexperienced Jason who clearly doesn't know how to defend against this tactic? I know which is more fun, and it's not running in circles around furniture. Again, I don't really have a strong opinion about looping. Don't do it, and as Jason, it's a puzzle I figured out a long time ago, but I do know loopers are in the type 5 of player types that rage quit when you catch them. 

One thing I will say though, it's ridiculous for any counselor player to be expected to just give themselves up at the end of a match just because they're the only person left, unless its their choice too. They have every right to try and survive as long as possible. It's not their fault everyone else died, escaped too early, or some asshole left them behind with open seats left in the car. I've done both depending on my mood, though I do like to at least try to knock Jason's mask off before I let him have me. It's also why I practically have to be taken hostage to do a car escape anymore. Escaping in the first five minutes of the match is boring as hell, I'd rather try to survive as long as possible. If some people have to loop around furniture to do so, whatever floats your boat I guess. Running around in circles for ten minutes just looks boring as hell to me. 🤷‍♂️

I do agree that its ridiculous for a jason player to expect a counselor to give himself up and die. Btw looping can be subjective cabin hopping can also be considered looping by many after all in DBD you can run the killer and vault windows and drop pallets on him it is considered looping so i dont see how cabin hopping shouldn't be considered as a form of looping

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, gettodachappa said:

I do agree that its ridiculous for a jason player to expect a counselor to give himself up and die. Btw looping can be subjective cabin hopping can also be considered looping by many after all in DBD you can run the killer and vault windows and drop pallets on him it is considered looping so i dont see how cabin hopping shouldn't be considered as a form of looping

Subjective yes, but most player's definition of looping is continuously running circles around a 'fixed' object. A cabin can certainly be considered a fixed object, but it's not really looping unless you're repetitively running circles inside or around the same cabin. If you're continuously moving from cabin to cabin and other locations, that's not really looping. If I grab the sweater on Higgins Large, get chased to the cemetery, then to the Higgins main house, then to the northeast campsite, and then back to the barn am I looping? If anything, I'm zig-zagging Jason across the map, not to mention leaving myself out in the open and vulnerable for a sizable stretch of the chase. So yes, I do consider cabin hopping and looping differen't things. I guess you can say you can loop and cabin hop at the same time, but you can also cabin hop without looping.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Some players can be quite skilled at avoiding shift simply by moving around erratically. It would be a matter of luck if you can catch them, and that's if they aren't carrying around a pocket knife and/or health sprays, which for the expert loopers you can expect them to.

Well obviously the counselors is going to juke if the Jason shifts right where they can see him. But let see.... hmm Jason can shift exit slash and knife to keep pressure or instant cripple, use the entire shift to stamina stress, Strafe shift in place and grab when the counselor stumbles as they are juking, or just move out of sight (to remove himself from counselor's map, stalk and morph somewhere close by, Jason's next shift will not give the static warning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2021 at 1:49 PM, aurllcooljay said:

And couldn't cabin hopping (or juking in general) be seen as a form of looping?

No.  By definition looping means you return to the place you started.  Over and over and over and over and.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...