Sign in to follow this  
slashmedaddy

does anybody actually talk on xbox pubs?

3 hours ago, slashmedaddy said:

i feel like whenever i actually go into pubs, NOBODY EVER TALKS

Resons why nobody talks:

*Lone wolves

*Players in Party Chat

*Newer players not used to the game yet

*Shy players

There are other reasons, but these are some common ones.

• Like 1

Yes very few players do talk on Xbox... In Game Chat anyway. It feels like the ones that actually do are the kind of people you don't want to be talking. It usually takes me 5-10 seconds to decide whether or not I'm muting somebody's obnoxious ass, and I end up in silent lobby anyway. The thing is, this game has been around long enough that most of the veterans, and basically anybody that plays somewhat regularly, has found their little group they like to play with and those groups usually hang out in party chat. This is the single biggest reason for total silence in pub lobbies, these groups who only want to communicate with their friends even when its to their detriment. I'll usually have a least one match per night that starts off dead silent, and halfway through suddenly most of the lobby has mics. Lone Wolf's either don't use Mics, or just choose not to speak unless they have too, or when they want to talk trash. But yeah, other than a handful of players who legit don't have Mics, the biggest problem is that the ones who do often segregate themselves into their own little group. I've never been a fan of party chat, and whenever I get invited to one, I always ignore it. If you want to communicate with me, do it in Game Chat like you're supposed too.

When I'm playing with friends, we always use game chat. The occasional match where you can't find a radio and communicate with your team can add to the tension of the match, and is part of the fun. When I go solo, I tend to stay quiet unless I come across somebody competent, and hopefully not obnoxious, that I can work and communicate with. In general though, it's pretty rare to enter lobby where anybody is talking at all, at least at first. It's wonderful if your Jason and there's no coordination between your victims, but when you're a counselor, not so much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1