Since they've shut down the servers, it can be difficult finding a match. I was wondering how you go about starting a private match. I know you have to invite people....but what if you don't have anyone to invite ?

If you don't have anyone to invite then you can't do a private match. Just do offline play, its like quick play but the players are dumb lol.

Also welcome to the forum!

1 hour ago, Jerry Can said:

If you don't have anyone to invite then you can't do a private match. Just do offline play, its like quick play but the players are dumb lol.

Also welcome to the forum!

Yeah. Though I really wish you could play as a counciller instead of just jason...

• Like 1

I can't speak for Switch, PS or PC but on Xbox you can just go to the Groups for F13 and either make a post for your private match or ask to join someone else's.  Depending on the day and time there are usually about 10 to 20 different posts looking for people to join their Private Match.

You can also try finding people on Discord for F13 The Game.

Edited to add: Beware.  Private Lobbies can be even more toxic than QP.  Always check the match settings and if you see any red flags (ie sliders, oversized items etc) then it's probably best to jump ship.

• Like 1

on xbox, you can also check your "recently played with" list. say you were in a quick play that the host left & a few players were helping you fix the phones.. add those players & try to invite them from the recent played with list. if you create a party for quick play, you will run into several problems. if anything is taking too long, or if anybody gets kicked, close the party & start over.. if you dont have enough players for private, having a party of 3 or 4 will put the odds in your favor to be host, because the host will either be party leader or one of the randoms in your lobby. my advice is if you bump into anybody playing the game properly, a host that doesnt leave when they are dead, or notice players who help you out, ADD THEM. at this point, the game will be much more enjoyable the more friends you make.

10 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

on xbox, you can also check your "recently played with" list. say you were in a quick play that the host left & a few players were helping you fix the phones.. add those players & try to invite them from the recent played with list. if you create a party for quick play, you will run into several problems. if anything is taking too long, or if anybody gets kicked, close the party & start over.. if you dont have enough players for private, having a party of 3 or 4 will put the odds in your favor to be host, because the host will either be party leader or one of the randoms in your lobby. my advice is if you bump into anybody playing the game properly, a host that doesnt leave when they are dead, or notice players who help you out, ADD THEM. at this point, the game will be much more enjoyable the more friends you make.

I wish they let you play as a counciler in offline play, but playing as Jason is fun, too.

@Spottedfeather dont we all. more offline options would be great. however, this will never happen. if you do make a friend that would like to pratice or just mess around as counselor, you can do so in a private match. this is really your only option as far as that goes. take my word for it, make friends.

you can add me if youre on xbox, same goes for anybody else. we play every night. no funny stuff.....  ; )

19 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

@Spottedfeather dont we all. more offline options would be great. however, this will never happen. if you do make a friend that would like to pratice or just mess around as counselor, you can do so in a private match. this is really your only option as far as that goes. take my word for it, make friends.

you can add me if youre on xbox, same goes for anybody else. we play every night. no funny stuff.....  ; )

I'm on PS4. Thanks for the offer, though.

Hello!
If you want to play private matches, add people as friends. You can see the nickname in different topics. I advise you to still play in a quick game, it will be much more interesting this way.

1 hour ago, Sergsku said:

Hello!
If you want to play private matches, add people as friends. You can see the nickname in different topics. I advise you to still play in a quick game, it will be much more interesting this way.

I would but don't know how.

On 2/12/2021 at 1:52 PM, Spottedfeather said:

I was just playing and under the list of players in the lobby, it said press Triangle to Invite. But nothing happens.

Trying to invite players into a Quick Play lobby isn't going to work very often.  By the time your friend accepts the invite the lobby will most likely be full.

There are basically 4 ways you can play the game online.

Quick Play with random strangers - This is the mode most people play.  Just enter quick play and you will join a lobby with a bunch of random people.  One of those people will be host (you can tell who is host by the lack of ping).

Quick Play with friends - Make an in-game party and when the party leader joins Quick Play everyone else in the party will automatically join the lobby.

Make your own Private Match - Create a Private Match and then invite friends.  (You can also make a post in Groups and people will ask to join)

Join Someone else's Private Match - Look in the Groups posts and ask to join someone's Private Lobby.