Basically a synonym for trolling. Anybody in an online game whose main purpose is to irritate or sabotage other players, or 'cause grief' like in the name. You most commonly hear this term is association with Minecraft. For Friday the 13th the game, I guess you can call the guy who starts the car and tries to run everybody else in the lobby over a griefer. Personally, I prefer to call them assholes.

Here's the basic definition courtesy of Urban Dictionary.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=griefing

17 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Basically a synonym for trolling. Anybody in an online game whose main purpose is to irritate or sabotage other players, or 'cause grief' like in the name. You most commonly hear this term is association with Minecraft. For Friday the 13th the game, I guess you can call the guy who starts the car and tries to run everybody else in the lobby over a griefer. Personally, I prefer to call them assholes.

Here's the basic definition courtesy of Urban Dictionary.

https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=griefing

Is looping considered griefing? Just curious

28 minutes ago, gettodachappa said:

Is looping considered griefing? Just curious

Lol, it's probably causing Jason some grief, but since it's a tactic being used presumably to survive and win the match, I'd say no. You're under no obligation as a counselor to allow Jason to kill you. He has to earn it. I'm by no means an expert, but intent appears to be a big part of the equation.

Maybe if you were a twitch streamer whose only looping specifically to piss Jason off in order to entertain your 3 followers, but otherwise no. Greifing is just more overused gamer slang that's evolved well past it's initial meaning.