Dunken

A Basic Jason guide for the most recent patch

Well it's been quite a while since I was last on here, so I guess I can provide basic outlines for people wanting to play Jason. A while ago I said I was retired, but realizing that many of my favorite multi-player games (Left 4 Dead 1&2, PvZ Garden Warfare 1&2, & Castlevania HoD) all have a dead player base, I might as well come back here. Also, I dislike most modern games in general. But I'm getting off track, so here's basic skills you need to wrap around your head before you start playing Jason.

1. Understand that when you pick a Jason, the WORST weakness Jason can have is minus shift. So please, save yourself the trouble and pick a Jason that doesn't have this weakness.

2. If you were someone that loved using Morph abduction, well then you're assed out. Instead just simply learn to block and be very, very patient with it. Most counselors just swing at you like crazy thinking they're outputting a lot of damage.

3. The 3 best Jason's are Part 3, Savini, and Part 5. But since most players don't have Savini, stick to Part 5 or 3. If you can, ALWAYS try to be host, since the switch to Peer to peer makes it so that the Hosts input always comes first before anyone else's. A lot of the earlier Call of Dutys work exactly like this.

On 2/7/2021 at 4:52 AM, Dunken said:

The 3 best Jason's are Part 3, Savini, and Part 5. But since most players don't have Savini, stick to Part 5 or 3.

I'm a Part 8 guy myself. That Jason is about the only decent thing to come out of that movie.

abductions are still possible...the best Jason is being Jason....

PS_App_20201128_063913.jpeg.fd66d841e518b0874926d3b5ab58250c.jpeg

so 犮u伄 I u犮 luu覺uo伄u覺 伔,I nq 'soq o u伔 ,uop I '伄q o u伔 ,uop I

On 2/8/2021 at 5:09 AM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

It's true 仄儭

On 2/8/2021 at 3:25 PM, I_THE_MAN_I said:

abductions are still possible...the best Jason is being Jason....

PS_App_20201128_063913.jpeg.fd66d841e518b0874926d3b5ab58250c.jpeg

so 犮u伄 I u犮 luu覺uo伄u覺 伔,I nq 'soq o u伔 ,uop I '伄q o u伔 ,uop I

Show me an on host abduction that doesn't involve the car...

18 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Show me an on host abduction that doesn't involve the car...

My teams usual sweater-girl got abducted by a Savini we were trying to kill. Grabbed her outside the shack (Western location) on Higgens, killed her in front of the lodge. Abduction is still very much possible post-patch.

Also, part 5 blows dead bears and part 3 is right behind him waiting for sloppy seconds. Personally, I kinda think the biggest reason running Jason's are so popular is just that: they can run (which I always thought shouldn't have been a strength that took up a slot and should instead have just been a default piece of code). If you know how to Shift, you don't need to be able to run.

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Also, part 5 blows dead bears and part 3 is right behind him waiting for sloppy seconds. Personally, I kinda think the biggest reason running Jason's are so popular is just that: they can run (which I always thought shouldn't have been a strength that took up a slot and should instead have just been a default piece of code). If you know how to Shift, you don't need to be able to run.

I've always thought of Jason's ability to run as more of a perk than a strength. Nice to have when it doesn't fuck over your shift, but not overly all that useful. I can't recall too many kills I've gotten because my Jason could run, that I wouldn't have gotten just as easily with an undead Jason. I've actually found running more useful for the occasional objective control to close in on a cheeky repair counselor trying to sneak in a part under your nose, or start the car. Otherwise, meh. A good counselor that can control their stam is going to run around a running Jason almost as easily as they do a walker.

I disagree about P5 though. He's my second favorite to use, though he issusceptible to the occasional quick demasking.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I've always thought of Jason's ability to run as more of a perk than a strength. Nice to have when it doesn't fuck over your shift, but not overly all that useful. I can't recall too many kills I've gotten because my Jason could run, that I wouldn't have gotten just as easily with an undead Jason. I've actually found running more useful for the occasional objective control to close in on a cheeky repair counselor trying to sneak in a part under your nose, or start the car. Otherwise, meh. A good counselor that can control their stam is going to run around a running Jason almost as easily as they do a walker.

I disagree about P5 though. He's my second favorite to use, though he issusceptible to the occasional quick demasking.

I've tried pt 2 and pt 4 in the past and the very first thing I thought after finishing was, "Ok, yeah, jogging after counselors is kinda fun, but I bet this loses its novelty really quick".

I exclusively run pt 6. If you mistime a Morph, you have no chance of stopping an escape from occuring or a repair from being completed, and a group of counselors with machetes are going to wreck your mask in seconds. I use him anyway because I consider that a challenge in and of itself.

lol part 6 sucks if you re going against a lobby actually pusing objectives. you don't realize how important morp his when you re using a jason whos morph sucks

12 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I've tried pt 2 and pt 4 in the past and the very first thing I thought after finishing was, "Ok, yeah, jogging after counselors is kinda fun, but I bet this loses its novelty really quick".

I exclusively run pt 6. If you mistime a Morph, you have no chance of stopping an escape from occuring or a repair from being completed, and a group of counselors with machetes are going to wreck your mask in seconds. I use him anyway because I consider that a challenge in and of itself.

I'm going to be very upfront about this and if you don't accept that that's perfectly fine with me: Part 6 is an objectively BAD Jason. And there's no way around it. I'm not just talking about his weakness of minus morph, but not being able to run makes you 13% slower in getting to the cabin door, in getting to that knife on the wall, in dodging a incoming swing, in chasing a counselor, etc etc etc. It's THIS weakness among a few other things why I stopped playing Jasons that can't run (Savini included).

On 2/11/2021 at 9:21 AM, I_THE_MAN_I said:

@ something cool trust and believe abductions are still very much possible

23 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Abduction is still very much possible post-patch

I said on host abduction. I realize that rubber banding and off host abduction are still possible. There's really no way to fix that since it's connection related.

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

I said on host abduction. I realize that rubber banding and off host abduction are still possible. There's really no way to fix that since it's connection related.

lol I thought they patched rubber banding. The games more busted than I thought. God willing this game can at least fix that before they fully move on.

7 hours ago, Dunken said:

I'm going to be very upfront about this and if you don't accept that that's perfectly fine with me: Part 6 is an objectively BAD Jason. And there's no way around it. I'm not just talking about his weakness of minus morph, but not being able to run makes you 13% slower in getting to the cabin door, in getting to that knife on the wall, in dodging a incoming swing, in chasing a counselor, etc etc etc. It's THIS weakness among a few other things why I stopped playing Jasons that can't run (Savini included).

The speed difference between my Pt 6 and your Pt 2/3/4/5 is negligible. It's less than 2seconds between fixed points and I'd say Pt 6's +Shift cooldown of20 seconds pre-rage, 13 seconds post-rage easily makes up for it. If we're comparing dodging counselors attacks, the difference is even less important. They pick up TKs, get into combat stance, and block at the same speed. The only time my map control suffers as Pt 6 is when playing against the very VERY small percentage of lobbies full of highly coordinated counselors.

If you do better with running Jason's, that's ok, there's nothing wrong with that. Nobody said we all have to like the same Jason, you should play with what works for you.

1 hour ago, Dunken said:

lol I thought they patched rubber banding. The games more busted than I thought. God willing this game can at least fix that before they fully move on.

Trap rubber banding is patched. I was talking about kill rubber banding, where Jason performs a kill and gets rubber banded to a previous dead body.

The speed difference between my Pt 6 and your Pt 2/3/4/5 is negligible. It's less than 2seconds between fixed points

Yeah, now do the same test with walking Jason's against jogging counselors. Then do another set with running Jason's against jogging counselors. Then we'll see how many extra counselors can out jog walking Jason's.

2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Trap rubber banding is patched. I was talking about kill rubber banding, where Jason performs a kill and gets rubber banded to a previous dead body.

Yeah, now do the same test with walking Jason's against jogging counselors. Then do another set with running Jason's against jogging counselors. Then we'll see how many extra counselors can out jog walking Jason's.

They have stamina gauges, Jason does not. With the exception of Tommy (and possibly Vanessa or Buggzy), you will not out-jog Jason forever. Eventually, you will run out of stamina, assuming you don't get crippled by throwing knives.

They have stamina gauges, Jason does not. With the exception of Tommy (and possibly Vanessa or Buggzy), you will not out-jog Jason forever. Eventually, you will run out of stamina, assuming you don't get crippled by throwing knives.

Tiffany and NFJ would probably give a walker trouble as well. I'm not saying walking Jason's are shit. On a small map, part 6 is a beast. You can usually shift back and forth between objectives and keep things under control. But on large maps where objectives are spread out, running Jason's are the way to go. Part 3 with his weapon strength and part 5 with +knives are especially good in those situations.

The reason part 3 and part 5 are ranked so highly among the tournament community is because their strengths are well rounded and their weaknesses don't usually negatively effect a match. Most runners will out perform walkers. With the exception of -shift Jason's anyway. Not all runners are worth using...

Competitive matches are all about keeping the pressure on. +Shift is nice but that still leaves 20 seconds of slow travel between shifts. That's plenty of time to rebuild stamina.

• Like 2

Everybody craps on Part 5 simply because it's Roy, not a real "Jason" the fact of thematter is if you are good at blocking he is easily top 3 as far as "Jason's" go. Thedevs in their infinite wisdom just gave Roy good strengths and no really terrible weaknesses and in the proper hands can wipe most lobbies.