Sign in to follow this  
Phantom Stranger

High ping since the move over to P2P

Back when there were still dedicated servers for PC, I had a pretty solid low ping (< 80ms). Now with P2P I'm always > 140ms, often in the 200s. I don't get it. I always seem to be the one in a lobby with the highest ping and other players in the lobby are always commenting that I'm lagging. I just don't know how to go about fixing it. I might try using an ethernet cable directly into my router instead of using Wi-Fi, but that can be an inconvenience since I don't always play in the same room. Any other ideas?

I don't think you can do much about it other than change lobbies until you are either the host or have a good connection with whoever the host is.  It is rare for my ping to be consistently below 100ms. I plugged my xbox into my router directly and it made no difference.   The lag is most likely happening between my service provider and the host's service provider. 

A good lobby means my ping will bounce around between 80ms and 150ms.  An average lobby my ping will be between 150 and 250ms.  Anything over 250ms means I will be lucky if I even finish the match before I or the host lose connection.  

Its horrible isn't it?  Its one thing to jack up Jason's grab 3-4 patches ago but the lagfest makes it even more frustrating. LOL    The lag wouldn't even be bad if you gave him back his deadly forcegrab.  

8 hours ago, DorianRo said:

Its horrible isn't it?  Its one thing to jack up Jason's grab 3-4 patches ago but the lagfest makes it even more frustrating. LOL    The lag wouldn't even be bad if you gave him back his deadly forcegrab.  

The force was strong with Jason back then. I kinda miss it.