gettodachappa

Whichis more toxic between dead by daylight or friday the 13th

Which community is more toxic between dead by daylight or friday the 13th  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Like the title says which is more toxic?

• Friday the 13th
    • Dead by daylight

I have been playing dead by daylight for 2 months and i can safely say that dead by daylight is more toxic i played friday the 13th for over almost 2 years.

Every online game has toxic players. Especially games where players should work together and get along, but don't.

I haven't seen as much toxicity in DBD, but I've heard the stories.

I know the PC players of F13 are really frustrated with all the hacking and other nonsense.

From my personal experience in each, I will say the results are about the same, though it is light in both cases for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Every online game has toxic players. Especially games where players should work together and get along, but don't.

I haven't seen as much toxicity in DBD, but I've heard the stories.

I know the PC players of F13 are really frustrated with all the hacking and other nonsense.

From my personal experience in each, I will say the results are about the same, though it is light in both cases for me.

Wait how do they hack on pc i thought the last patch fixed every bugs glitches and hacks

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gettodachappa said:

Wait how do they hack on pc i thought the last patch fixed every bugs glitches and hacks

Devs fixed some bugs and glitches but far from all of them.  Just because it was the last patch, doesn't mean it was a complete patch.

Hackers are a different story.  For every "fix" Devs create to stop hackers, they will continue to find other ways to screw up the game.  And since Devs have stopped any work on this game it should not come as any surprise that hackers are running rampant.  It was inevitable.

Tbh, I have no problem with the Devs throwing in the towel when you consider all the b.s. with lawsuits and crap.  The only problem I do have is that they are still selling this game to people who have no idea how broken it is.  Broken or not, I at least got my $20 worth over the last 2 years.  Those buying the game today are the ones truly getting screwed.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

.Tbh, I have no problem with the Devs throwing in the towel when you consider all the b.s. with lawsuits and crap.  The only problem I do have is that they are still selling this game to people who have no idea how broken it is.  Broken or not, I at least got my $20 worth over the last 2 years.  Those buying the game today are the ones truly getting screwed.

Honesty is the best policy. When asked how the game is, I tell potential new players the good and the bad. It's up to them to decide if they want it.

• Like 3

I mute all the little children anyways.   I never understood the parenting now (or lack therof) 

8 hours ago, DorianRo said:

I mute all the little children anyways.   I never understood the parenting now (or lack therof) 

I've thought about that as of late.

It could be parents giving the kids the game to keep them occupied so they don't have to deal with them.

It could be kids using the game on a parental / family console.

Neither scenario is better than the other.

There are a small number of children who don't chatter and swear like sailors, and actually play as intended.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Fair Play said:

There are a small number of children who don't chatter and swear like sailors, and actually play as intended.

A.K.A. Offline Bots.

4 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

A.K.A. Offline Bots.

The bots are a given, but hard as it is for people to believe, there are a few youngsters (not very many) in the game's player base that actually are more civil than some of the adults.

• Like 2

I played Dead by Daylight for 3-4 years. It USED to be the most toxic community imo. Coming to Friday The 13th after taking a break for 2 years, I would honestly say both are on the same level now since DBD are getting newer players and people are starting to calm down. (Thank GOD)

I Literally cannot think of a single popular multiplayer online game that I haven't heard complaints about how toxic the community is. This is just what happens with a good chunk of the gaming community are obnoxious sexually frustrated teenagers, and some adults, who never leave their bedrooms. For most of these games, Friday included, I think the actual levels of toxicity are roughly half of what they're perceived to be. Problem is, the worst elements of a community are often the loudest and hardest to ignore, and it doesn't help that some players have a very liberal view of what toxicity actually is.

8 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I Literally cannot think of a single popular multiplayer online game that I haven't heard complaints about how toxic the community is. This is just what happens with a good chunk of the gaming community are obnoxious sexually frustrated teenagers, and some adults, who never leave their bedrooms. For most of these games, Friday included, I think the actual levels of toxicity are roughly half of what they're perceived to be. Problem is, the worst elements of a community are often the loudest and hardest to ignore, and it doesn't help that some players have a very liberal view of what toxicity actually is.

You are correct. This game, Dead by Daylight, Resident Evil Resistance, and similar games all have some form of complaints about community toxicity. I can't speak for what percentage of each community is "toxic", but everyone's experience will always vary.

• Like 1