BloodOnTheRocks

Hey devs ... any chance you could let us walk around the map?

I meant the locations of the buildings, so you get an idea of where to go naturally without looking at the map, I am aware the assets change between matches.

The way they describe at least the Crystal Lake map even that is impossible. Where there are cabins in one match might be a camp site or nothing at all the next. So I guess it might work for Higgins Haven as I think it probably has the least amount of procedural map generation and that's also why it was used for beta. Less stuff to worry about going wrong but still be able to gather some info on how it's working.

Cool :D It would be nice to go for a walk around the map while we are waiting for the game, time to get used to the map too and memorize where everything is and get that feeling where you know exactly where to go and what direction to head without even looking at the map.

What fun is that if we learn where every cabin location is before a match? Although I guess that what I requested a few posts ago!

We already know the locations of everything in Higgins Haven. Theres nothing to be spoiled. I spent 45 hours on that map LOL. Yeah I dont wanna ruin the other maps yet just really really wanna check out Higgins without worrying about Jason. And itd help with the wait till release.

We already know the locations of everything in Higgins Haven. Theres nothing to be spoiled. I spent 45 hours on that map LOL. Yeah I dont wanna ruin the other maps yet just really really wanna check out Higgins without worrying about Jason. And itd help with the wait till release.

Not all of us know the map yet ;)

Have any of you played Tomb Raider Legends or Tomb Raider Anniversary ?

In those games there's the option to activate 'developper mode' what it does is that it add speech bubble icons across the game maps and when you click on one you get like a developpers commentary audios in wich they talk about a specific part of the map and how they worked on it,would be interesting to have something like that.

There are other games who also used something like that,like Left 4 Dead 1+2 and Twisted Metal Heads-On bonus disc or i think it was Twisted Metal Black im not sure.

• Like 2

Have any of you played Tomb Raider Legends or Tomb Raider Anniversary ?

In those games there's the option to activate 'developper mode' what it does is that it add speech bubble icons across the game maps and when you click on one you get like a developpers commentary audios in wich they talk about a specific part of the map and how they worked on it,would be interesting to have something like that.

There are other games who also used something like that,like Left 4 Dead 1+2 and Twisted Metal Heads-On bonus disc or i think it was Twisted Metal Black im not sure.

Yeah, I remember that exact same thing on Left 4 Dead, at least I think it was Left 4 dead, there would be speech bubbles with Gaben talking about the game.

Not all of us know the map yet ;)

Exactly, wasn't able to play the map that much, would have been nice, but gotta work.

I'd be okay with this. 

But what if I'm walking around Higgins Haven and suddenly the music ramps up?! I would shit all over.

HA HA HA true, beta instinct would kick in, end you end up running away.

Bump.

Is this still a possibility, devs?

Be pretty cool if we could boot up and walk outside the cabin to explore a bit. I don't expect it'll happen, but would be interesting. 

Just an FYI, don't bump. JPop hates that. Gotta be more subtle. :P

They would have it randomly ramp up music and load in Jason just for a sec and then remove him just to mess with you. You'll be paranoid wondering if you really just saw him or not.

But it would be a good way to do a little more testing without all the overhead of the beta. Just to see if you can do or find something you shouldn't.

I'd just really like the chance to fully appreciate and pour over the detail they put into the signature places like Higgins Haven, without a masked maniac trying to push my shoulders into my feet.

• Like 3

Be pretty cool if we could boot up and walk outside the cabin to explore a bit. I don't expect it'll happen, but would be interesting.

Just an FYI, don't bump. JPop hates that. Gotta be more subtle. :P

Well....we were kinda left hanging with a " we will see".

He can be mad if he wants but with no release date on the horizon and with the question in this thread not being answered one way or another I figured its worth the ask. Reasonable request IMO

Hate is a strong word. There seems to be some confusion among members between my personal preferences and the forum rules. I enforce the rules on this forum, my personal preference has no bearing on the enforcement of rules. Per the rules no topic bumping.

Hate is a strong word. There seems to be some confusion among members between my personal preferences and the forum rules. I enforce the rules on this forum, my personal preference has no bearing on the enforcement of rules. Per the rules no topic bumping.

That was rhetorical. But point taken. :P

Soooo ... you'd prefer a duplicate thread?

If the answer is no then so be it, was just not wanting the request to be forgotten.

A daytime and pacific play without Jason and you exploring the map... that sounds cool, you should learn some of the backstory of the characters, tho.

I kinda feel like it's up to the player to create a backstory for their character. like say you pick Chad. When the game starts you could think, Ok this guy is a complete douche and will do anything it takes to survive, or he will be the one that sacrifices himself so the others can get away. I like how the characters are kinda vague so that the player can create who they want.

I'd very much like to be able to explore the map kind of like you can explore the virtual cabin. The atmosphere is so nice that it really feels like you're out in the wilderness. It would also give us a chance to look around take in all the detail without the tension of a masked man hunting you down. 

I'm more just a sucker for game art.