Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bewareofbears

Any autograph collectors?

36 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

Nice.

20638639_10213820745333102_2879101508542

i wanted to post this pic in my original comment but i was on phone and it kept telling me the pic was too big

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Davidt said:

20638639_10213820745333102_2879101508542

i wanted to post this pic in my original comment but i was on phone and it kept telling me the pic was too big

https://ctrlq.org/images/ use that site on your phone to rezise the images for the forums.

You are the big guy in the pic, right? ?

48 minutes ago, TheHansonGoons said:

https://ctrlq.org/images/ use that site on your phone to rezise the images for the forums.

You are the big guy in the pic, right? ?

Lol i wish i was that big

On ‎06‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:54 AM, bewareofbears said:

Nice.

Not really much less value- absolutely no value is more like it. The value in photos like that is in what it means to you. :)

I've never liked getting photos with celebrities (or anyone really). It's uncomfortable and I can only think of a time or two where I was genuinely excited to take a photo with a celebrity.

I don't collect autographs for their value. It's just a hobby. They can be thrown in the garbage when I'm dead but while I'm here I enjoy having them, building collections and the interactions and conversations I've had through the hobby.

That really sucks you lost your Romero. :(

If we include hockey I have too many to name but I mostly collect goaltenders. You've got some good ones. I never run into hockey players but I'm not in an NHL city.

A Pete Rose autographed bat is a pretty cool piece of memorabilia.

I get what you say ... I have a friend who hates having his photo taken; I only found this out after I brought him a photo op with Hayley Atwell at London Comic Con couple of years back! He said it was cool to meet her but he didn't enjoy posing for the pic.

I'm ok having my photo done, but I'm still picky with the "meeting celeb for photo" thing at the Cons, hence I've only done a couple. Happy to report those I've met though have been super cool though (Neve Campbell, Adrienne King, and Robbi Morgan) and the photos came out great. Ms King and Ms Morgan even had time for a bit of chatter as their lines weren't long and they were super nice.

1 person likes this

49 minutes ago, PurpleFloyd said:

I get what you say ... I have a friend who hates having his photo taken; I only found this out after I brought him a photo op with Hayley Atwell at London Comic Con couple of years back! He said it was cool to meet her but he didn't enjoy posing for the pic.

I'm ok having my photo done, but I'm still picky with the "meeting celeb for photo" thing at the Cons, hence I've only done a couple. Happy to report those I've met though have been super cool though (Neve Campbell, Adrienne King, and Robbi Morgan) and the photos came out great. Ms King and Ms Morgan even had time for a bit of chatter as their lines weren't long and they were super nice.

I met Adrienne King as well and I agree about her, very nice and I had the opportunity to chat with her for a little bit too. There are some people who are great at putting the people around them at ease and she's one of them. I have a tendency to inform any female I'm in a photo with that I'll be putting my hand on their shoulder so I don't end up part of that hover-hand meme.

At the two horror conventions I've been to, most of the people there included a photo with them with the autograph. That's been changing as they're wising up to the unfortunate fact people will pay money now just for a quick photo together. 

If I have someone with me I usually get them to pose for the photo. :) 

I live in MA so this is a great area for cons, but so far I only have a couple of autographed items

A bat signed by Sting from WCW/WWE

Autographed photos from CM Punk, Tommy Dreamer, and Bully Ray (Bubba Ray Dudley)

NXT poster autographed by everyone from that night's event

A Stone Sour autographed photo and setlist

Will be meeting The Undertaker from WWE in one month have a replica urn signed

Will be meeting the band Hollywood Undead in a couple of weeks and getting my vinyl record of their latest album signed

In March of 2018 there's a Monster Mania Con in Cherry Hill, NJ where Steve Dash (part 2), C.J. Graham (part 6), Kane Hodder (7-X), and Ken Kirzinger (FvJ) will all be appearing in costume for photos and I'll be getting a prop machete to begin a Jason collection

20 hours ago, bewareofbears said:

I met Adrienne King as well and I agree about her, very nice and I had the opportunity to chat with her for a little bit too. There are some people who are great at putting the people around them at ease and she's one of them. I have a tendency to inform any female I'm in a photo with that I'll be putting my hand on their shoulder so I don't end up part of that hover-hand meme.

At the two horror conventions I've been to, most of the people there included a photo with them with the autograph. That's been changing as they're wising up to the unfortunate fact people will pay money now just for a quick photo together. 

If I have someone with me I usually get them to pose for the photo. :) 

Definitely agree with you there, though I'm not shy in coming forward to its not too much of a problem for me :)

At LFCC 2017 there were only 15 or so at her photo shoot and I was last in line, so when it came to my turn I had time to stand and chat which was great. I then went to find Robbi Morgan's stand and as there was no queue there I got to have a long chat and photo with her as well. As we were chatting Adrienne came over to say hi to her and stopped for another natter! I remembered she went in to wine making and as I like a drop of vino myself we had a talk about that which she seemed to enjoy.

They were both very down to earth and easy to talk to which was great as there's always slight trepidation that someone you admire might not be as nice as you're expecting them to be.

Adrienne_King_LFCC_17_Fri_0009_-_Small.j

Robbi.jpg%20

@PurpleFloyd Nice, looks like you had a great time. :) Adrienne King looks like Helen Mirren in your photo. We need her t-shirt there in the game.

Just now, bewareofbears said:

@PurpleFloyd Nice, looks like you had a great time. :) Adrienne King looks like Helen Mirren in your photo. We need her t-shirt there in the game.

Definitely a touch of the Helen Mirrens about her these days, which is no bad thing ... they both looked great though considering Friday was nearly forty years ago now!

I did complement her on her t-shirt and the Jason hockey mask pendant she had on. Oddly, I was the only one in the shoot who wore a Friday t-shirt ... there were a lot of other guests at LFCC so I'm guessing people didn't want to wear a particular franchise t-shirt that would look odd in their other shoots.  When it was my turn she looked at me and said "Finally, someone came dressed right!" which was funny :) 

@PurpleFloyd Yep, not a bad thing.

I have the same pendant, I got it at the convention I attended that she was at. I hang it from the mirror in my vehicle though.

That's a cool shirt. I had a Friday the 13th shirt also, she asked where I got it. Lots of people asked actually and they were all surprised to find out someone bought it from Old Navy for me.