Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bewareofbears

Any autograph collectors?

36 posts in this topic

Any fellow autograph collectors?

I've been collecting all kinds of autographs since I was 13. Among my collections, I have a Jason collection.

I have signed pics of Betsy Palmer, Ari Lehman, Steve Dash, Warrington Gillette III, Richard Brooker, Ted White, Dick Wieand, CJ Graham, Kane Hodder, Ken Kirzinger and Derek Mears.

For me, I just need Tom Morga to consider it complete. I also need him for my Michael Myers collection.

What do you have/collect?

That's awesome. I do the cons but I'm mostly there for the dealers room.  I've got a shelf full of Friday stuff. I made an exception for Robert Englund though,especially since there was a New Line rep there selling pieces of a screen used sweater from FvsJ. Ah,the days when it only cost 25 for Freddy's autograph  :lol:

I do eventually want to get one of those signed Kane machetes.

1 person likes this

Very cool, I'd love a piece of one of the sweaters. I got to meet Robert Englund at a comic book convention- it was short and sweet but awesome to meet him.

I just went to my first horror con last year, lots of fun. Very relaxed compared to the craziness that's become comic conventions.

I have an autographed picture of Dana "Chrissy" Kimmel from part 3, and numerous autographed figures of Ray Park "Darth Maul" with his girlfriend (now wife).

Here's another tidbit, not an autograph but actually better! Back in '99 or 2000 when internet was dial up, I was on a site called Jason's Lair, and I asked about what ever happened to Tom Mcbride (Mark from part 2). Low and behold, Lauren-Marie Taylor (Vickie from part 2) got on and we emailed back and forth for about two hours! What a wonderful, down-to-earth person she is. We kept in touch for a couple weeks, and she showed me those 'behind the scenes' photos of them smoking and laughing long before they were ever made public. She told me of the cast parties, and the incident about the guys scaring the girls at night by scratching on their cabins screen. LOL! She also told me about her underwear collection, and my jaw hit the floor. She really had alot of personal feelings for Tom, despite him being gay, she said she would have married him in a flash. Pretty neat. Great Gal!

That's an awesome story. Wasn't the internet more fun back then? I used to e-mail Sean S. Cunningham, Tom Savini, Dick Warlock and Gunnar Hansen all kinds of questions and it was amazing- they'd write back. Things are way different nowadays.

That's an awesome story. Wasn't the internet more fun back then? I used to e-mail Sean S. Cunningham, Tom Savini, Dick Warlock and Gunnar Hansen all kinds of questions and it was amazing- they'd write back. Things are way different nowadays.

Soooo true!!! :(

my family and friends go to Days of the dead (horror convention) every year in Chicago and we've started a nice little autograph collection. we've also done flashback weekend and do Chicago Comic Con every year.

we've met Steve Dash, CJ Graham, Kane Hodder, Robert Englund, Tony Todd, Bruce Campbell, John Carpenter, George Romero, Cassandra Peterson (Elvira), Katharine Isabelle, Lance Hendricks, Linda Blair, Heather Langenkamp, Tony Moran, Danny Trejo, Gunnar Hansen, Doug Bradley, Lisa Wilcox, Cherri Currie, Lita Ford, Derrek Mears, John Russo, Dana DeLorenzo, Sid Haig, Bill Mosley, P.J. Soles, Ted Raimi, and a few others. 

i also have an Elvira autograph tattooed on my arm. my favorite of course.

1 person likes this

Started collecting horror autographs a few years ago when I started going to Texas Frightmare Weekend. So far I have autographs and photos (personal and professional) with Kane Hodder, Ted White, Robert Englund, Heather Langenkamp, Amanda Wyss, Ronee Blakley, Tony Todd, Virginia Madisen, Danielle Harris, Tom Savini, Bill Moseley, Angus Scrimm, Malcolm McDowell, Doug Bradley, Sid Haig, George Romero, Sherman Howard, Brad Dourif, Alex Vincent, Robert Wilson, Miko Hughes, Elvira, Edwin Neal, Jeffrey Combs and Kim Coates.

I missed TFW this year so I missed out on a Dario Argento autograph, bummed out about that one.

I was able to add Tom Morga to my collection, I consider it a complete collection:

Those are awesome Bears. What cons do you go to for collecting those? I used to go to Cinema Wasteland twice a year. Unfortunately from shady roommates and the like, I lost a lot of memorabilia and autographs. I still have Lloyd Kaufman on an article he had in Ultra Violent magazine. Michael Berryman on a copy of Hills Have Eyes. The guy that played Martin in George Romero's Martin. Somewhere I should have a picture of myself and Ken Foree at the Monroeville Mall where Dawn of the Dead was filmed. I also have an Evil Dead comic signed by Tom Sullivan. I used to have Murder-Set-pieces autographed by Gunner Hansen. 

3 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

Those are awesome Bears. What cons do you go to for collecting those? I used to go to Cinema Wasteland twice a year. Unfortunately from shady roommates and the like, I lost a lot of memorabilia and autographs. I still have Lloyd Kaufman on an article he had in Ultra Violent magazine. Michael Berryman on a copy of Hills Have Eyes. The guy that played Martin in George Romero's Martin. Somewhere I should have a picture of myself and Ken Foree at the Monroeville Mall where Dawn of the Dead was filmed. I also have an Evil Dead comic signed by Tom Sullivan. I used to have Murder-Set-pieces autographed by Gunner Hansen. 

The cons I've been to are in Calgary, AB- they have a horror con and comic con. Nothing around where I am unfortunately. I got to met Lloyd Kaufman this past June at the horror con and there's been lots of decent horror celebrities at the comic con- I met George A. Romero, Robert Englund, Elvira, Linda Blair and a bunch of others there.

I started collecting through the mail when I was 13. Getting to go conventions is something I'd hoped to do for years but was finally only able to starting about six or seven years ago.

I'm sorry to hear about the shady roommates. I don't think I've ever had any autographs stolen thankfully. I'd love to go to some of the conventions out your way or have them come out this way. That Monroeville Mall pic with Ken Foree is a pretty wicked keepsake.

I made a video of my less-than-complete Michael Myers collection:

Dick Warlock was at the horror con this year and Tyler Mane the year before.

I don't really go to cons much and when I do lines are insane or the asking price is crazy. Only two autographs I've collected are from Carlos Ferro (voice of dom gears of war) and Dan Aykroyd. Never got any horror autographs. I guess the collectors edition of the game is my way to get that done ;)

i use to have a pretty massive horror collection - masks, busts, toys, autographs... i even had some original walking dead panels... and then i got divorced and it all needed to go. 

luckily, with the exception of a few small pieces, i was able to keep my autographs (thanks, personalization!) 

sadly, everything's been packed in boxes for 4 or 5 years because i don't have room to display it, but i have signed pieces by all the jasons, leatherfaces and myers as well as freddy, obviously. i've also got a bunch of F13 cast signatures and tons of other random horror flick sigs. hell... i even have an autographed pic of the leprechaun. 

@matisangry

That's a pretty amazing mancave. I'm sorry you had to part with some of your stuff, I've been in a similar scenario and it blows.

I'm also jealous, looks like a wicked collection of autographs. I need Tony Moran, Tommy Lee Wallace and Chris Durand for my Michael Myers collection. Would love to track down A. Michael Lerner also.

1 hour ago, JPops said:

I don't really go to cons much and when I do lines are insane or the asking price is crazy. Only two autographs I've collected are from Carlos Ferro (voice of dom gears of war) and Dan Aykroyd. Never got any horror autographs. I guess the collectors edition of the game is my way to get that done ;)

I don't know Ferro but I got to meet Dan Aykroyd as well- he was doing a signing tour in liqour stores for his brand of vodka. It was really random.

Hodder, Cunningham, Savini and Manfredini is a great start to any collection. ;) 

3 minutes ago, bewareofbears said:

@matisangry

That's a pretty amazing mancave. I'm sorry you had to part with some of your stuff, I've been in a similar scenario and it blows.

I'm also jealous, looks like a wicked collection of autographs. I need Tony Moran, Tommy Lee Wallace and Chris Durand for my Michael Myers collection. Would love to track down A. Michael Lerner also.

I don't know Ferro but I got to meet Dan Aykroyd as well- he was doing a signing tour in liqour stores for his brand of vodka. It was really random.

Hodder, Cunningham, Savini and Manfredini is a great start to any collection. ;) 

thanks, man. i had some truly one of a kind pieces, so it was a bummer to get rid of it, but it was a small price to pay for happiness. ;)

me and my wife (a new, better one) are in the process of selling our house. when i come across my  box of 8x10s, i'll check to see if i have any non-personalized moran pieces and let you know. 

11 minutes ago, matisangry said:

thanks, man. i had some truly one of a kind pieces, so it was a bummer to get rid of it, but it was a small price to pay for happiness. ;)

me and my wife (a new, better one) are in the process of selling our house. when i come across my  box of 8x10s, i'll check to see if i have any non-personalized moran pieces and let you know. 

I'm glad to hear you found a better one, :)

If you find an extra of Moran, even personalized, I'd be interested. An autograph is an autograph in my books. :) 

1 person likes this

The only autograph I have is ryback from wwe I was lucky to meet him when he came to Australia for the local wrestling I follow.

I used to have Romero's. Guess that won't ever happen again... ?

If we include hockey, I have Carl Hagelin on am 8x10 of HBK line after winning their first cup.  Carl Hagelin and Matt Cullen came into my work one day and i got them to sign my Pens hat from the Finals against the Sharks.  Matt Murray on the team photo of posing behind the cup. On pucks I have Ulf Samuelsson, Nick Bonino, Mark Recchi, Joe Mullen, Alexi Kovalev, Frederick Modin. Also a Pete Rose autographed bat.

I almost got in a fight with Matt Cooke once. Well, almost got hit by him rather. Used to have Troy Palumalu, Ben Rapelisburgher, Aaron Smith, Ziggy Hood, a few other Penguins, Pirates and Steeler players come into my old job. 

Must admit, I've never seen the appeal of autographs. The names look like they could have been signed by anyone ... bit different if you were there when your item got signed I guess.  I'm much more of a fan of having a photo with a celeb at a convention. Less value if you were to sell it on obviously but a nicer memento I find.

5 hours ago, Davidt said:

The only autograph I have is ryback from wwe I was lucky to meet him when he came to Australia for the local wrestling I follow.

Nice.

4 hours ago, PurpleFloyd said:

Must admit, I've never seen the appeal of autographs. The names look like they could have been signed by anyone ... bit different if you were there when your item got signed I guess.  I'm much more of a fan of having a photo with a celeb at a convention. Less value if you were to sell it on obviously but a nicer memento I find.

Not really much less value- absolutely no value is more like it. The value in photos like that is in what it means to you. :)

I've never liked getting photos with celebrities (or anyone really). It's uncomfortable and I can only think of a time or two where I was genuinely excited to take a photo with a celebrity.

I don't collect autographs for their value. It's just a hobby. They can be thrown in the garbage when I'm dead but while I'm here I enjoy having them, building collections and the interactions and conversations I've had through the hobby.

4 hours ago, TheHansonGoons said:

I used to have Romero's. Guess that won't ever happen again... ?

If we include hockey, I have Carl Hagelin on am 8x10 of HBK line after winning their first cup.  Carl Hagelin and Matt Cullen came into my work one day and i got them to sign my Pens hat from the Finals against the Sharks.  Matt Murray on the team photo of posing behind the cup. On pucks I have Ulf Samuelsson, Nick Bonino, Mark Recchi, Joe Mullen, Alexi Kovalev, Frederick Modin. Also a Pete Rose autographed bat.

I almost got in a fight with Matt Cooke once. Well, almost got hit by him rather. Used to have Troy Palumalu, Ben Rapelisburgher, Aaron Smith, Ziggy Hood, a few other Penguins, Pirates and Steeler players come into my old job. 

That really sucks you lost your Romero. :(

If we include hockey I have too many to name but I mostly collect goaltenders. You've got some good ones. I never run into hockey players but I'm not in an NHL city.

A Pete Rose autographed bat is a pretty cool piece of memorabilia.