I heard looping is exploiting if it is i think there should be a ban right? As far as i know looping shouldn't be an exploit right?

The simple answer is no, it's not bannable, nor should it be. People have committed far worse offenses playing this game without so much as a slap on the wrist, so it would be kind of funny if they drew the line at Vanessa running Jason around a sofa for ten minutes. Looping is technically an exploit as the term exploit itself has a very broad definition, with may differen't players interrupting that definition in very differen't ways. Using combat stance on doors is technically an exploit, so do we start banning people for doing that too? Some consider tossing a throwing knife at someone who's just jumped through a window an exploit. This is more of a spirit of the game argument, the types of arguments that you're never going to get a consensus on. Looping is annoying yes, especially to new players, but nothing that can't be combated with practice and experience. Bannable though, no.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

The simple answer is no, it's not bannable, nor should it be. People have committed far worse offenses playing this game without so much as a slap on the wrist, so it would be kind of funny if they drew the line at Vanessa running Jason around a sofa for ten minutes. Looping is technically an exploit as the term exploit itself has a very broad definition, with may differen't players interrupting that definition in very differen't ways. Using combat stance on doors is technically an exploit, so do we start banning people for doing that too? Some consider tossing a throwing knife at someone who's just jumped through a window an exploit. This is more of a spirit of the game argument, the types of arguments that you're never going to get a consensus on. Looping is annoying yes, especially to new players, but nothing that can't be combated with practice and experience. Bannable though, no.

I made this post because last night i was playing as vanessa and i looped jason until the game was over, he had a mic and said some pretty toxic shit saying im trash and how i ruin fun in games and calls me a cheater then he threatened to report me for cheating

28 minutes ago, gettodachappa said:

I made this post because last night i was playing as vanessa and i looped jason until the game was over, he had a mic and said some pretty toxic shit saying im trash and how i ruin fun in games and calls me a cheater then he threatened to report me for cheating

Of course he did, lol, good luck to him on that. Sounds like he needs to spend more time learning how to deal with loopers, and less on being butt-hurt. You're not going to get banned for looping though. Even when Gunn was still supporting the game this was never going to be an issue. Especially now that you can drop 50 players into a PC lobby and the Devs don't bat an eyelash, I think you're good.

• Haha 2

I have no idea why people would think running Jason around a coffee table is an "exploit".

That being said, don't be surprised if while you are running Jason around the table you start seeing everyone quit the lobby one by one.  Jason shouldn't be the one cursing you out.  It should be the other counselors who are stuck waiting for you to finish wasting their time that send you nasty messages. 

Finding a group to play a few matches has become hard enough as it is.  Wasting people's time so you can run in circles is only going to drive even more people away from this game.

23 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

I have no idea why people would think running Jason around a coffee table is an "exploit".

That being said, don't be surprised if while you are running Jason around the table you start seeing everyone quit the lobby one by one.  Jason shouldn't be the one cursing you out.  It should be the other counselors who are stuck waiting for you to finish wasting their time that send you nasty messages. 

Finding a group to play a few matches has become hard enough as it is.  Wasting people's time so you can run in circles is only going to drive even more people away from this game.

Its a tactic people should accept it i shouldn't be standing there and let jason kill me if he wants to earn it he has to try

• Like 1

its not an exploit, its a tactic. a very dumb tactic because you have stamina, jason doesnt. (unless youre a non-running jason. in which case youre easily getting the slip.)

once they are exhausted you must not, under any circumstance, grab them. because they undoublty have a pocket knife and they just wasnt the free stamina so they can get away fast

35 minutes ago, ULTIMA said:

its not an exploit, its a tactic. a very dumb tactic because you have stamina, jason doesnt. (unless youre a non-running jason. in which case youre easily getting the slip.)

once they are exhausted you must not, under any circumstance, grab them. because they undoublty have a pocket knife and they just wasnt the free stamina so they can get away fast

Looping can be easy if done properly a 150 vanessa main like me will use windows for stamina regen or hopping to the next cabin keep in mind i am not often running jason around the long table i am mostly hopping from cabin to another

If a Jason player is too lazy to go to You tube to get help with some very good tutorials on how to counter this that's on them. That's what I did. Wedge shift is usually the best counter to this or if you are good at quick toss use throwing knives especially on the long tables. I watched every Jason tips and tricks videos out there if I was struggling in a certain area. The answer to the OP is NO you cannot be banned for doing it.They weren't banning anyone for doing much worse i.e. Packanack roof, under the stairs Pinehurst.  Shoot they aren't even banning legit hacking anymore I don't think. Gun has no clue how to stop the hackers IMO.The hackers have a profile generator to get around the bans now.

Cut the power and deal some damage. Nothing builds fear faster. Building fear cuts stamina regeneration down quite a bit. Exit shift with slash instead of grab.

1 hour ago, gettodachappa said:

Looping can be easy if done properly a 150 vanessa main like me will use windows for stamina regen or hopping to the next cabin keep in mind i am not often running jason around the long table i am mostly hopping from cabin to another

A good Jason will smash the window behind you then hit you with a throwing knife while you're standing up. 20 damage from smashing the window and 30 from the knife. Or 16 damage from the window and 24 from the knife if you're running 17%+ thick skin. Either way you won't be doing it for long.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, gettodachappa said:

I heard looping is exploiting if it is i think there should be a ban right? As far as i know looping shouldn't be an exploit right?

Don't believe everything you hear.

8 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

You're right about the differences of opinion on exploits. Combat stance door smashing was always been one that everyone could never agree on. New players ask about it all the time.

8 hours ago, gettodachappa said:

Looping Jason around furniture does annoy a lot of people. Use it, and always be ready for a pretty bitter message from players after the match.

6 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Not bannable. And technically not wrong. But if you do it, you’re just a shitty player. 🤷🏼‍♂️

That same logic applies to a number of things people did in the past, and still do to this day.

4 hours ago, gettodachappa said:

Its a tactic people should accept it i shouldn't be standing there and let jason kill me if he wants to earn it he has to try

One doesn't have to stand still, but there are other options. At the same time, Jason doesn't have to be looped by you. He can come back for you later, if other counselors are still alive, and time permits.

At the end of the day, not all play styles work well together. People will find those similar to themselves, and have a good time.

3 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

I don't think I really grabbed many counselors looping, for that very reason.

55 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Cut the power and deal some damage. Nothing builds fear faster. Building fear cuts stamina regeneration down quite a bit. Exit shift with slash instead of grab.

A lot of newer players are catching on to that as Jason.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Looping Jason around furniture does annoy a lot of people. Use it, and always be ready for a pretty bitter message from players after the match.

I loop a lot in matches and i remember only a handful of bitter messages mostly from the jason player 

On 2/1/2021 at 10:29 AM, gettodachappa said:

If they're running around one of the couches or tables the next time it happens, try this: Position yourself against whatever they're running around and activate Shift. 99% of the time they'll immediately start running around it. Watch carefully, and just before they're in range, cancel your Shift and grab. Most likely, the momentum will cause them to run right into you before they have time to stop and run the other way. Twirl around on their dead body for a moment, they kick it around the room a little bit. Don't forget to send a snarky message thanking them for their stupidity.

This might be helpful:

Edit:

If I have the slightest suspicion a counselor's going to try to STN by kiting me all over the map, the first thing I do (after finding them) is go to every cabin that's even remotely close and destroy every single door and window it has (and grab any TKs I come upon). Let them cabin-hop if they want to. With no doors to close in Jason's face and every window inflicting damage, they're most likely not going to last long. 

I know it's time-consuming, but we all know how kite-flyers love to wait by a window until Jason walks into the room so they can jump out of it, run to the next cabin, and repeat until times up. No doors means no matter where they are inside, they will not see a Stalk-Shift coming. So what if they have a PK? By the time they reach the next cabin the stun will have worn off and Shift will be ready.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

If they're running around one of the couches or tables the next time it happens, try this: Position yourself against whatever they're running around and activate Shift. 99% of the time they'll immediately start running around it. Watch carefully, and just before they're in range, cancel your Shift and grab. Most likely, the momentum will cause them to run right into you before they have time to stop and run the other way. Twirl around on their dead body for a moment, they kick it around the room a little bit. Don't forget to send a snarky message thanking them for their stupidity.

This might be helpful:

Edit:

If I have the slightest suspicion a counselor's going to try to STN by kiting me all over the map, the first thing I do (after finding them) is go to every cabin that's even remotely close and destroy every single door and window it has (and grab any TKs I come upon). Let them cabin-hop if they want to. With no doors to close in Jason's face and every window inflicting damage, they're most likely not going to last long. 

I know it's time-consuming, but we all know how kite-flyers love to wait by a window until Jason walks into the room so they can jump out of it, run to the next cabin, and repeat until times up. No doors means no matter where they are inside, they will not see a Stalk-Shift coming. So what if they have a PK? By the time they reach the next cabin the stun will have worn off and Shift will be ready.

Looping around furnitures can be a good strategy but if its all someone is doing its boring i am not running around tables the whole game i do it for some time then i hop on the next cabin and loop him again rince repeat

I dont think anything is bannable now? LOL   Theres expoits going on all over the dang place at least on the Ps4.  Crappy players that have no skill exploiting the shit out of everything 

2 hours ago, DorianRo said:

I dont think anything is bannable now? LOL   Theres expoits going on all over the dang place at least on the Ps4.  Crappy players that have no skill exploiting the shit out of everything 

I haven't seen any exploits since the patch aside from the occasional shotgun/flaregun slider. What have you been seeing?

On 2/1/2021 at 2:35 PM, Laotian Lam said:

Pretty much any tactic not intended by the game devs to be used could be defined as a exploit, but there's a fine line between exploiting an oversight in game design and downright cheating.

5 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Pretty much any tactic not intended by the game devs to be used could be defined as a exploit, but there's a fine line between exploiting an oversight in game design and downright cheating.

Wat least its not as bad as glitching on top of the roof of packanack

5 hours ago, gettodachappa said:

Wat least its not as bad as glitching on top of the roof of packanack

Not at all, but they're entirely differen't things. One is taking advantage of a possible flaw in game design that can be countered with practice, and the other was a downright glitch in programming that required a convoluted process to achieve, and an even more convoluted process for Jason to counter it. There's never going to be a consensus on what's cheating, exploiting, blah, blah, blah... This is just my opinion, but I draw the line at actions that are performable in the game without glitching and can be countered by either Jason or the counselors with practice, with straight up game-breaking cheats and glitching... Like climbing up on rocks or using infinite stamina and PK glitches. Thankfully most of which have been mostly eliminated from the console versions of the game.

I did have fun with the only person I ever ran into who used that PK glitch... A Tiffany who needed every one of those 6 knives because she sucked absolute ass, and of course left the second she ran out of Health Spray, I assume. It's always fun though when you get to fuck with somebody who thinks they're going to be the one fucking with you. 

21 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Looping is not an exploit. It's absolutely taking advantage of an inexperienced player, but it's not an exploit. In fact, if the Jason can simply keep his cool and use his head, it can be a great learning experience.

New players are supposed to have trouble dealing with skilled players. It's part of the learning curve.

On 03/02/2021 at 11:10 PM, Somethin Cool said:

Looping is not an exploit. It's absolutely taking advantage of an inexperienced player, but it's not an exploit. In fact, if the Jason can simply keep his cool and use his head, it can be a great learning experience.

New players are supposed to have trouble dealing with skilled players. It's part of the learning curve.

Exactly 

On 2/1/2021 at 1:32 PM, The Milwauking Dead said:

Not bannable. And technically not wrong. But if you do it, you’re just a shitty player. 🤷🏼‍♂️

That kinda depends on how long you do it. If its a few times to regain stamina or encourage Jason to go away and kill someone else, that's one thing. If you're on your 50th loop, yeah... you're a shitty player. You can argue that the Jason is a shitty player for not being able to counter it. but that doesn't mean the person doing it isn't also a shitty player. If your only tactic is to run around a couch, yeah... you're a Grade A shit-ball of a player.... especially if you're a veteran counselor and still using n00b tactics.

1 minute ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

That kinda depends on how long you do it. If its a few times to regain stamina or encourage Jason to go away and kill someone else, that's one thing. If you're on your 50th loop, yeah... you're a shitty player. You can argue that the Jason is a shitty player for not being able to counter it. but that doesn't mean the person doing it isn't also a shitty player. If your only tactic is to run around a couch, yeah... you're a Grade A shit-ball of a player.... especially if you're a veteran counselor and still using n00b tactics.

Again jason has to earn the kill