Laotian Lam

Random Counselor Prevents Tommy from getting Perks

As the title says, I did some testing yesterday and it seems that if you set your counselor to "Random"  Tommy will not get your counselor's perks.  If you select a counselor, he will.  I think I remember seeing someone mention this in a thread about the "random counselor glitch" but at that time I assumed it only happened when the game glitched and gave you a random counselor.

When I chose to play as AJ (with Medic perk) and came back as Tommy I was able to get 2 uses from my health sprays.

Then I set counselor to Random (equipped all counselors with Medic) and the next 4 times I got selected as Tommy I was NOT able to get 2 uses from my health spray. (even if I found a new one)

Has this always been the case?  I don't get selected as Tommy very often so it may have always been this way and I just never noticed.

More of a reason to just leaving it on Vanessa :P

I don't know about Tommy but I do know that when you play random with a character equipped with "nerves of steel", this perk doesn't work on your base character.

On 1/31/2021 at 9:55 PM, Mayday said:

I don't know about Tommy but I do know that when you play random with a character equipped with "nerves of steel", this perk doesn't work on your base character.

I just noticed this the other day.  NoS doesn't work if your counselor is set to random.  Is there a list somewhere of known perks that don't work when you set your counselor to random? 

Its kinda disappointing as I like setting my counselor to random but not at the cost of giving up perks.

• Haha 1